|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument(s) did Oceola's mother play?
(a) Organ and Piano.
(b) She played no instrument.
2. Who had a band in Oceola's family?
3. What else does Mrs. Ellsworth insist on doing for Oceola?
(a) Having her move to Atlanta.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Putting her through another university.
(d) Providing her with money.
4. What activity does Mrs. Ellsworth disapprove of most that Oceola did?
(a) Played for dances and house parties.
(b) Taught piano.
(c) All of the choices listed.
(d) Played for a church choir.
5. What point of view is the first section of "The Blues I'm Playing" written in?
(a) Third person.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Oceola and her mother move after the death in their family?
2. What kind of questions does Mrs. Ellsworth ask Oceola?
3. What time period does "The Blues I'm Playing" take place in?
4. Who recommends Oceola to Mrs. Ellsworth?
5. What is Oceola's last name?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)