|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mrs. Ellsworth and Oceola arrive at Oceola's home?
(a) Mrs. Ellsworth says goodbye and leaves.
(b) Mrs. Ellsworth gives her a housewarming gift.
(c) Mrs. Ellsworth praises the home.
(d) Mrs. Ellsworth invites herself inside.
2. Who narrates Oceola's personal history?
(b) Oceola's mother.
(c) Mr. Hunter.
3. What instrument(s) did Oceola's mother play?
(a) She played no instrument.
(b) Organ and Piano.
4. Why does Mrs. Ellsworth take Oceola out of the city?
(a) To get some vacation time.
(b) To rid her of her jazz tendencies.
(c) To bring her to new teachers.
(d) To let her practice her jazz music.
5. Where does Mrs. Ellsworth visit Oceola when Oceola is away from New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Oceola receive piano lessons from as she grew up?
2. What passion does Mrs. Ellsworth think Oceola needs to remove from her life?
3. What does Oceola receive when she attends the event after she returns from her long trip?
4. Where did Oceola's family settle after traveling?
5. What best describes the beginning of the artist/patron relationship?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)