|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Delia some office space?
2. How much time has passed since the last scene?
3. Leland can be described as __________________.
4. Leland immediately begins to plan for ______________.
5. What news does Sam have for Angel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Cleage's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where she did.
Essay Topic 2
BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY is set in the 1930s during the time of the Great Depression in America. What impact did this factor have on the author? What impact did this factor have on the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY is a classic story of hardship and struggles. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)