|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Leland tells Angel that she's lucky __________________________.
2. What has Guy done for Angel?
3. Who is Sam waiting for as Act 2, Scene 2 opens?
4. How does Angel now view her future?
5. Which of the following did not characterize Harlem in the 1920s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Angel, Guy and Delia. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Angel. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of hope. Identify at least two themes about hope in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)