|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Guy's friends gathering to celebrate?
2. Who spots Angel returning to the apartment?
3. Who is Sam waiting for as Act 2, Scene 2 opens?
4. Who leaves the apartment with Delia?
5. For what is Guy holding out hope?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Even though they are both single, black women, Angel and Delia seem very different. Compare and contrast Angel and Delia. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of hope. Identify at least two themes about hope in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)