|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angel feel about the news Sam gives her?
2. What does Leland bring with him when he arrives this morning?
3. Leland tells Angel that she's lucky __________________________.
4. Where does Leland shoot Sam?
5. How was Delia's proposed clinic site destroyed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Cleage use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Delia. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of black women in the 1930s. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? Do they have any freedoms that 21st century women do not have?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)