|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Delia and Angel do for a long moment?
2. What is Guy doing as Act 2, Scene 4 opens?
3. Which of the following does not describe Leland?
4. Which of the following did not characterize Harlem in the 1920s?
5. What does Guy receive in Act 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY is set in the 1930s during the time of the Great Depression in America. What impact did this factor have on the author? What impact did this factor have on the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Grief takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Guy. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)