Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angel feel about the news Sam gives her?
2. Which of the following is not addressed in this scene?
3. Why does Delia return to her own apartment?
4. What is Delia's mood this morning?
5. What is the national hardship facing America at the time of the story?
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
What is the state of the finances of the people of Harlem in 1930? How do most of the people fare during the Great Depression? How do people in regular jobs like Sam and Delia fare as opposed to those in the entertainment industry such as Guy and Angel? Explain.
Create a brief character study of Angel. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)