|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leland offer to Angel?
2. Who makes a surprise visit to Angel?
3. Who offers Delia some office space?
4. What does Angel admit to Leland after he questions her?
5. How was Delia's proposed clinic site destroyed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Grief takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Delia. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of hope. Identify at least two themes about hope in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)