|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is posted on Guy's apartment door?
2. Which of the following issues is not addressed in BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
3. What does Leland offer to Angel?
4. What does Angel give to Delia?
5. What is sitting on the table awaiting some guests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of black women in the 1930s. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? Do they have any freedoms that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 2
BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY is a classic story of hardship and struggles. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)