Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Angel feel about the news Sam gives her?
2. Which of the following is not addressed in this scene?
3. Why does Delia return to her own apartment?
4. What is Delia's mood this morning?
5. What is the national hardship facing America at the time of the story?
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Cleage use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY when the play is actually set in New York? Cite an example to support your answer.
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)