|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the topic of the speech at the Abyssinian Church?
2. What is Angel doing when Guy returns to the apartment?
3. What is Guy's reaction to the eviction notice?
4. How much time has passed since the last scene?
5. What has Guy done for Angel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of hope. Identify at least two themes about hope in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
The setting of the book is New York City in America during the height of the Great Depression. Explain how this affected people in America overall. Then drill down to explain how people in New York were affected. Why is there more opportunity for people such as Guy to live and work in Europe? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Grief takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)