|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leland represent to Angel?
2. What is Guy's job at the club?
3. Who is Sam Thomas?
4. What is Sam Thomas' profession?
5. What information does Guy keep from Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sam and how is he introduced into the story?
2. How does Leland react to news of Angel's pregnancy?
3. Who is the guest of honor at the party attended by Guy and Angel?
4. How does the play end?
5. Who are the first characters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1 and what are they doing?
6. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
7. What decision has Angel made which is very upsetting for her?
8. What are Leland's religious plans?
9. What is the reason for Angel's being drunk?
10. What news lifts Angel's spirits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Sam. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Leland. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Cleage use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)