Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of jobs is Guy forced to take now?
2. Who is Delia's heroine?
3. What does Angel become for Tony?
4. With whom does Angel have a date tonight?
5. Which of the following does not describe the dress that Leland has brought for Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Guy's response to the eviction notice?
2. Who are the first characters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1 and what are they doing?
3. Who arrives unexpectedly to see Angel as she is home alone?
4. What important themes does the author reinforce during this scene?
5. What happens when Angel returns to the apartment?
6. What gift has Leland brought for Angel?
7. What is Angel's mood as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
8. Who will be going to France with Guy?
9. What decision does Angel make and how does she involve Sam?
10. What long term advice does Delia give Angel?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Leland. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of black women in the 1930s. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? Do they have any freedoms that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 3
BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY is a classic story of hardship and struggles. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)