|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed since the last scene?
2. What is Delia's profession?
3. For what type of job has Angel looked?
4. Where is Guy to send the gowns?
5. Which of the following is not someone of importance mentioned in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Angel end up staying at Gus' apartment?
2. What does Leland bring with him when he comes to see Angel this morning?
3. What news does Sam deliver to Angel and how does she respond?
4. What are Leland's religious plans?
5. What is the author's message with this play?
6. What is Guy's mood as Act 1, Scene 5 begins?
7. What is Angel's mood as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
8. What is the reason for Angel's being drunk?
9. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
10. Who is the guest of honor at the party attended by Guy and Angel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY is a classic story of hardship and struggles. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Leland. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)