|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Angel work?
2. What is Guy's job at the club?
3. Who is Sam Thomas?
4. How long ago did Leland's wife die?
5. What does Angel tell Leland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Leland runs into Sam in the apartment building?
2. What is Angel doing as Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
3. Who arrives unexpectedly to see Angel as she is home alone?
4. What has happened to Delia's clinic plans as Act 2, Scene 3 opens?
5. What has happened to Angel during the time after Sam's murder?
6. How does Angel try to cool Leland's ardor about marriage plans?
7. What is Delia doing in guy's apartment and why does she need to leave?
8. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
9. How does Guy include Angel in his good news?
10. What decision does Angel make and how does she involve Sam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY when the play is actually set in New York? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Even though they are both single, black women, Angel and Delia seem very different. Compare and contrast Angel and Delia. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Sam. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)