|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick do to Angel tonight?
2. What does Angel tell Leland about her religious beliefs?
3. What is Guy's mood at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
4. Who is the black homosexual man who helps Angel Allen?
5. Where will Delia deliver her speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who will be going to France with Guy?
2. Why does Angel end up staying at Gus' apartment?
3. What is Delia doing in guy's apartment and why does she need to leave?
4. What is Sam's interest in Delia?
5. How do Guy and Angel view their circumstances differently?
6. Explain how Angel is a woman caught between two worlds.
7. What is the author's message with this play?
8. What decision has Angel made which is very upsetting for her?
9. What good news has finally come in for Guy?
10. What is Guy's dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Leland. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Grief takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)