|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the cable to Guy?
2. Which of the following is not someone of importance mentioned in the play?
3. What does Nick do to Angel tonight?
4. What kind of jobs is Guy forced to take now?
5. What is Sam Thomas' profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Angel returns to the apartment?
2. What is Delia doing in guy's apartment and why does she need to leave?
3. What is Angel's mood as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
4. What happens when Leland runs into Sam in the apartment building?
5. What other bad news does Angel learn this evening?
6. What secret does Gus keep from Angel?
7. What has happened to Angel during the time after Sam's murder?
8. How does Guy include Angel in his good news?
9. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
10. How does Angel feel about having Leland in her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY when the play is actually set in New York? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Guy. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Angel. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)