|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is considering a relationship with Delia?
2. How long ago did Leland's wife die?
3. What has Angel been doing as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
4. Which of the following does not describe the dress that Leland has brought for Angel?
5. How much time has passed since the last scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision has Angel made which is very upsetting for her?
2. Why does Angel end up staying at Gus' apartment?
3. What is Guy's dream?
4. What decision does Angel make and how does she involve Sam?
5. How does Angel try to cool Leland's ardor about marriage plans?
6. Who is Delia and how is she introduced?
7. What is the author's message with this play?
8. What is the reason for Angel's being drunk?
9. Who are the first characters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1 and what are they doing?
10. Why does Leland end up coming back to Guy's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY when the play is actually set in New York? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Grief takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)