|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Angel talk to about Leland?
2. What is Leland's line of work?
3. Who is the black homosexual man who helps Angel Allen?
4. What drives Angel further into despair?
5. Which of the following does not describe the dress that Leland has brought for Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angel feel about having Leland in her life?
2. What does Leland bring with him when he comes to see Angel this morning?
3. What happens when Leland arrives at Guy's apartment to pick up Angel?
4. What news does Angel give Guy this morning?
5. How is Leland's naivete becoming more obvious?
6. Who are the first characters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1 and what are they doing?
7. How has the topic of women's rights and family planning become personal for this small group of friends?
8. What information does Leland share with Angel?
9. What news lifts Angel's spirits?
10. What is Sam's interest in Delia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Sam. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY is set in the 1930s during the time of the Great Depression in America. What impact did this factor have on the author? What impact did this factor have on the characters? Explain.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)