|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Angel learned about Nick?
2. What is Leland's line of work?
3. Who had provided Angel's apartment for her?
4. What is Sam Thomas' profession?
5. Who is considering a relationship with Delia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Guy's mood as Act 1, Scene 5 begins?
2. What gift has Leland brought for Angel?
3. What news does Angel give Guy this morning?
4. What decision does Angel make and how does she involve Sam?
5. What had happened to Guy before he returns home?
6. What decision has Angel made which is very upsetting for her?
7. What happens when Leland runs into Sam in the apartment building?
8. Explain how Angel is a woman caught between two worlds.
9. How do Guy and Angel view their circumstances differently?
10. Who are the first characters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1 and what are they doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY is set in the 1930s during the time of the Great Depression in America. What impact did this factor have on the author? What impact did this factor have on the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Even though they are both single, black women, Angel and Delia seem very different. Compare and contrast Angel and Delia. What similarities do they share? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
The setting of the book is New York City in America during the height of the Great Depression. Explain how this affected people in America overall. Then drill down to explain how people in New York were affected. Why is there more opportunity for people such as Guy to live and work in Europe? Explain.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)