|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delia think would benefit Angel?
2. How much time has passed since the last scene?
3. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What would Leland like to do with Angel?
5. What information does Guy keep from Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angel feel about having Leland in her life?
2. What secret does Gus keep from Angel?
3. What has happened to Angel during the time after Sam's murder?
4. Who is Sam and how is he introduced into the story?
5. Why does Leland end up coming back to Guy's apartment?
6. What is Sam's interest in Delia?
7. How does Guy include Angel in his good news?
8. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What is Guy's dream?
10. Why does Angel end up staying at Gus' apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY is set in the 1930s during the time of the Great Depression in America. What impact did this factor have on the author? What impact did this factor have on the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Grief takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY is a classic story of hardship and struggles. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)