|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Guy keep from Angel?
2. Which of the following has Angel not lost recently?
3. How long ago did Leland's wife die?
4. What is in the box that Leland leaves for Angel?
5. Who helps Delia with a speech she has to deliver?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Leland runs into Sam in the apartment building?
2. How is Leland's naivete becoming more obvious?
3. Who is the guest of honor at the party attended by Guy and Angel?
4. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
5. How does Guy include Angel in his good news?
6. What secret does Gus keep from Angel?
7. What long term advice does Delia give Angel?
8. Who is Delia and how is she introduced?
9. What is Delia doing in guy's apartment and why does she need to leave?
10. What is the purpose of Delia's speech at the Abyssinian Church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Cleage use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 1,381 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)