|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angel doing as she talks to Guy?
2. How many job offers has Angel received?
3. What does Angel become for Tony?
4. What is Angel Allen's profession?
5. What major historical event is America facing at the time of this play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 5 and which characters open the scene?
2. How has the topic of women's rights and family planning become personal for this small group of friends?
3. What is Leland's reaction to Guy's homosexuality?
4. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
5. What is Angel doing as Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
6. What is the reason for Angel's being drunk?
7. Why does Angel end up staying at Gus' apartment?
8. How does Leland react about Angel's decision?
9. How does Angel feel about having Leland in her life?
10. When does Angel finally tell Leland the truth about the abortion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Leland. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY is set in the 1930s during the time of the Great Depression in America. What impact did this factor have on the author? What impact did this factor have on the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)