|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
2. What does Leland promise Angel?
3. What has Angel been doing today?
4. Who goes to dinner with Sam and Delia?
5. Where does Angel work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news lifts Angel's spirits?
2. How has the topic of women's rights and family planning become personal for this small group of friends?
3. What does Leland bring with him when he comes to see Angel this morning?
4. What gift has Leland brought for Angel?
5. What is the purpose of Delia's speech at the Abyssinian Church?
6. How does Leland react about Angel's decision?
7. What is Guy's mood as Act 1, Scene 5 begins?
8. What long term advice does Delia give Angel?
9. What is the author's message with this play?
10. What news does Angel give Guy this morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Angel. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Guy. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY is set in the 1930s during the time of the Great Depression in America. What impact did this factor have on the author? What impact did this factor have on the characters? Explain.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)