|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angel become for Tony?
2. Who is Sam Thomas?
3. Where does Guy want to go to design costumes?
4. Who is Leland mourning?
5. Who is the black homosexual man who helps Angel Allen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Leland arrives at Guy's apartment to pick up Angel?
2. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why does Angel end up staying at Gus' apartment?
4. What has happened to Delia's clinic plans as Act 2, Scene 3 opens?
5. How do Guy and Angel view their circumstances differently?
6. What is the reason for Angel's being drunk?
7. What information does Leland share with Angel?
8. How does the play end?
9. What is Angel doing as Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
10. Who will be going to France with Guy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Cleage use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Guy. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)