|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Angel remind Leland of his wife?
2. Who is the guest of honor at the party that Angel and Guy attend?
3. Who is considering a relationship with Delia?
4. What kind of luck has Angel had with men?
5. What does Nick do to Angel tonight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the play end?
2. What news does Angel give Guy this morning?
3. Who is the guest of honor at the party attended by Guy and Angel?
4. What has happened to Angel during the time after Sam's murder?
5. Who is Delia and how is she introduced?
6. What do Sam and Delia tell the others about the meeting at the Abyssinian Church?
7. What is Leland's reaction to Guy's homosexuality?
8. What other bad news does Angel learn this evening?
9. What is Angel doing as Act 1, Scene 4 begins?
10. How do Guy and Angel view their circumstances differently?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Grief takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The role of women is a main topic addressed in this story. Explain the theme that extends through all the female characters. What is the presumed role of women in America during the 1930s? Explain by giving examples.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Leland. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)