|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drives Angel further into despair?
(a) The electricity has been turned off.
(b) No phone calls from Nick.
(c) The bills are past due.
(d) The sight of poor and homeless people.
2. Who does Angel talk to about Leland?
3. What does Angel tell Leland?
(a) She doesn't love him in that way.
(b) She can't see herself married.
(c) She doesn't want to be compared to his dead wife.
(d) She doesn't love him.
4. What has Angel been doing as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
(a) Looking for a job.
5. Where does Guy want to go to design costumes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to dinner with Sam and Delia?
2. From what state has Leland come to New York?
3. Angel and Guy dress up to go where?
4. What is the reason for Guy's mood?
5. Who is the guest of honor at the party that Angel and Guy attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leland react to news of Angel's pregnancy?
2. What happens when Leland runs into Sam in the apartment building?
3. What news does Angel give Guy this morning?
4. How do Guy and Angel view their circumstances differently?
5. What gift has Leland brought for Angel?
6. Who are the first characters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1 and what are they doing?
7. What is Guy's response to the eviction notice?
8. What is Guy's dream?
9. What other bad news does Angel learn this evening?
10. What are Leland's religious plans?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)