|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leland's line of work?
2. What drives Angel further into despair?
(a) The electricity has been turned off.
(b) No phone calls from Nick.
(c) The bills are past due.
(d) The sight of poor and homeless people.
3. How many job offers has Angel received?
4. What information does Guy keep from Angel?
(a) He is not gay.
(b) He has also lost his job.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He is moving to Manhattan.
5. What has Angel been doing as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
(b) Looking for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam give Angel?
2. Why does Angel accept the proposal from Tony?
3. Who is the man Angel is to audition for?
4. Who offers Angel a place to stay?
5. How long ago did Leland's wife die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leland react to Angel's news about the abortion?
2. Who is the guest of honor at the party attended by Guy and Angel?
3. What is the purpose of Delia's speech at the Abyssinian Church?
4. What long term advice does Delia give Angel?
5. Who are the important people in American history with whom the characters interact?
6. What news does Angel give Guy this morning?
7. What is the reason for Angel's being drunk?
8. What are Leland's religious plans?
9. What is Guy's mood as Act 1, Scene 5 begins?
10. Who is Sam and how is he introduced into the story?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)