|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guy's job at the club?
(b) Piano player.
(d) Costume designer.
2. What does Leland represent to Angel?
3. Angel learns that _________ has made arrangements for her to audition for a job.
4. From what state has Leland come to New York?
(a) South Carolina.
5. Who does not go out to dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what issue is Delia interested in gaining the support of black church deacons?
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who goes to dinner with Sam and Delia?
4. What is Leland's line of work?
5. During what season of the year does the story begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the topic of women's rights and family planning become personal for this small group of friends?
2. How does Angel try to cool Leland's ardor about marriage plans?
3. What is the reason for Angel's being drunk?
4. How does Guy include Angel in his good news?
5. How does the play end?
6. What important themes does the author reinforce during this scene?
7. Why does Angel end up staying at Gus' apartment?
8. Explain how Angel is a woman caught between two worlds.
9. What news does Angel give Guy this morning?
10. What do Sam and Delia tell the others about the meeting at the Abyssinian Church?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)