|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for Guy's mood?
(a) He got a new job.
(b) He received a cable.
(c) He lost his dog.
(d) He is in love.
2. What is Guy's mood at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
3. What does Delia think would benefit Angel?
(a) A husband.
(b) A night on the town.
(c) More suitable, steady work.
(d) Some new clothes.
4. When does Angel agree to go out with Leland?
5. What has Delia established in Harlem?
(a) A family planning clinic.
(b) A halfway house.
(c) A charter school.
(d) An AIDS clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what state has Leland come to New York?
2. For what issue is Delia interested in gaining the support of black church deacons?
3. Why does Angel accept the proposal from Tony?
4. Who is the guest of honor at the party that Angel and Guy attend?
5. How many job offers has Angel received?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening socially and culturally in America that present challenges to the characters?
2. What is Angel's mood as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
3. What is the reason for Angel's being drunk?
4. What is Sam's interest in Delia?
5. What does Delia do after her proposed clinic site is destroyed?
6. How do Guy and Angel view their circumstances differently?
7. What is the purpose of Delia's speech at the Abyssinian Church?
8. What do Sam and Delia tell the others about the meeting at the Abyssinian Church?
9. What good news has finally come in for Guy?
10. What is Guy's dream?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)