|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Angel been doing today?
(a) Sewing costumes.
(b) Taking a long nap.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Rehearsing for her audition.
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A bar.
(b) A library.
(c) A New York City street.
(d) A schoolyard.
3. What major historical event is America facing at the time of this play?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Great Depression.
4. Who is Guy's neighbor?
5. What does Angel tell Leland?
(a) She doesn't love him.
(b) She doesn't love him in that way.
(c) She doesn't want to be compared to his dead wife.
(d) She can't see herself married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for Guy's mood?
2. What does Nick do to Angel tonight?
3. How long ago did Leland's wife die?
4. Which of the following is not someone of importance mentioned in the play?
5. Who goes to dinner with Sam and Delia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other bad news does Angel learn this evening?
2. How does Guy include Angel in his good news?
3. What has happened to Delia's clinic plans as Act 2, Scene 3 opens?
4. What is Guy's response to the eviction notice?
5. What gift has Leland brought for Angel?
6. Why does Leland end up coming back to Guy's apartment?
7. What is Delia doing in guy's apartment and why does she need to leave?
8. What long term advice does Delia give Angel?
9. What news lifts Angel's spirits?
10. Who arrives unexpectedly to see Angel as she is home alone?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)