|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Angel a place to stay?
2. What does Angel tell Leland about her religious beliefs?
(a) She is Jewish.
(b) She doesn't attend church.
(c) She is Catholic.
(d) She will go to Leland's church.
3. Where is Guy to send the gowns?
4. What is Leland's line of work?
5. Who is Delia's heroine?
(a) Madame Curie.
(b) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(c) Josephine Baker.
(d) Margaret Sanger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angel become for Tony?
2. What information does Guy keep from Angel?
3. Why is Angel upset when she returns home?
4. What does Leland represent to Angel?
5. Who does not go out to dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the first characters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1 and what are they doing?
2. What gift has Leland brought for Angel?
3. What is Guy's mood as Act 1, Scene 5 begins?
4. How is Leland's naivete becoming more obvious?
5. How does Leland react to news of Angel's pregnancy?
6. What is Guy's dream?
7. What does the character of Leland represent in the story?
8. How does the play end?
9. What information does Leland share with Angel?
10. What is the purpose of Delia's speech at the Abyssinian Church?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)