|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Guy keep from Angel?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He is not gay.
(c) He is moving to Manhattan.
(d) He has also lost his job.
2. Where does Angel work?
(a) The Cotton Club.
(b) The Harlem Hot Spot.
(c) The Harlem Blues Club.
(d) The Varsity Club.
3. When does Angel agree to go out with Leland?
4. How did Leland's wife die?
(b) In childbirth.
(c) Car accident.
(d) Heart attack.
5. What is the organization that Delia is working so hard to establish?
(c) Family planning clinic.
(d) Second hand store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick do to Angel tonight?
2. What is Guy's job at the club?
3. Why does Angel accept the proposal from Tony?
4. Which of the following is not someone of importance mentioned in the play?
5. What does Leland promise Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sam's interest in Delia?
2. Who is Sam and how is he introduced into the story?
3. What is Guy's dream?
4. What is Guy's mood as Act 1, Scene 5 begins?
5. Who will be going to France with Guy?
6. What is Angel's mood as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
7. What news does Sam deliver to Angel and how does she respond?
8. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 5 and which characters open the scene?
9. What other bad news does Angel learn this evening?
10. What news lifts Angel's spirits?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)