|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leland's line of work?
2. What are Leland's plans for tonight?
(a) Church meeting.
(b) A date with Angel.
(c) Dinner with friends.
(d) Basketball with buddies.
3. What has Angel been doing as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
(b) Looking for a job.
4. Who is the guest of honor at the party that Angel and Guy attend?
(a) Adam Clayton Powell.
(b) Dick Gregory.
(c) Langston Hughes.
(d) Richard Pryor.
5. Where will Delia deliver her speech?
(a) The Guggenheim Museum.
(b) The Abyssinian Church.
(c) The Harlem Baptist Church.
(d) Union Station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is pastor of The Abyssinian Church?
2. When does Angel agree to go out with Leland?
3. Who is Sam Thomas?
4. What is the reason for Guy's mood?
5. Which of the following does not describe Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leland react to news of Angel's pregnancy?
2. What does the character of Leland represent in the story?
3. How does the play end?
4. What is Guy's response to the eviction notice?
5. What is Delia doing in guy's apartment and why does she need to leave?
6. What long term advice does Delia give Angel?
7. How is Leland's naivete becoming more obvious?
8. What happens when Leland runs into Sam in the apartment building?
9. Why is Angel so upset when she arrives home?
10. How has the topic of women's rights and family planning become personal for this small group of friends?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)