|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leland promise Angel?
(a) He will buy her a diamond ring.
(b) He will build her a house.
(c) He will take her to Europe.
(d) He will return tomorrow night.
2. What does Angel tell Leland about her religious beliefs?
(a) She is Catholic.
(b) She is Jewish.
(c) She will go to Leland's church.
(d) She doesn't attend church.
3. What major historical event is America facing at the time of this play?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Great Depression.
4. What has Angel been doing today?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Sewing costumes.
(c) Taking a long nap.
(d) Rehearsing for her audition.
5. Who is the black homosexual man who helps Angel Allen?
(a) Gus Jacobs.
(b) Guy Jacobson.
(c) Guy Jacobs.
(d) Guy Fawkes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guy's mood at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
2. How long ago did Leland's wife die?
3. What does Delia think would benefit Angel?
4. When does Angel agree to go out with Leland?
5. Why is Angel upset when she returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's message with this play?
2. Who is the guest of honor at the party attended by Guy and Angel?
3. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
4. What happens when Leland arrives at Guy's apartment to pick up Angel?
5. How is Leland's naivete becoming more obvious?
6. What good news has finally come in for Guy?
7. How does the play end?
8. Who is Sam and how is he introduced into the story?
9. What long term advice does Delia give Angel?
10. What is Delia doing in guy's apartment and why does she need to leave?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)