|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of jobs is Guy forced to take now?
(b) Various design and sewing jobs.
(c) Restaurant wait staff.
(d) Hotel valet staff.
2. From what state has Leland come to New York?
(a) South Carolina.
3. Who goes to dinner with Sam and Delia?
4. Where is Guy to send the gowns?
5. What is Leland's reaction to Angel's new gig?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sam give Angel?
2. In what way does Angel remind Leland of his wife?
3. What is Langston Hughes' profession?
4. What does Delia think would benefit Angel?
5. Why is Angel upset when she returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the guest of honor at the party attended by Guy and Angel?
2. What news does Sam deliver to Angel and how does she respond?
3. What is the purpose of Delia's speech at the Abyssinian Church?
4. Who is Sam and how is he introduced into the story?
5. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
6. What is Angel's mood as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
7. Why does Leland end up coming back to Guy's apartment?
8. Explain how Angel is a woman caught between two worlds.
9. What is Guy's dream?
10. Why does Angel end up staying at Gus' apartment?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)