|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Guy want to go to design costumes?
2. For what issue is Delia interested in gaining the support of black church deacons?
(a) AIDS awareness.
(b) Birth control for black women.
(c) Head Start programs.
(d) Teen pregnancies.
3. Why is Angel upset when she returns home?
(a) She can't find her turquoise hat.
(b) Her audition was a bust.
(c) She lost her purse.
(d) She spilled coffee on her new dress.
4. Who is Angel's boss and boyfriend?
5. Where does Angel work?
(a) The Cotton Club.
(b) The Harlem Hot Spot.
(c) The Harlem Blues Club.
(d) The Varsity Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guy's mood at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
2. What does Angel become for Tony?
3. What has Angel learned about Nick?
4. For what type of job has Angel looked?
5. Which of the following is not someone of importance mentioned in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Delia and how is she introduced?
2. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
3. What are Leland's religious plans?
4. How do Guy and Angel view their circumstances differently?
5. How does Guy include Angel in his good news?
6. Who are the first characters introduced in Act 1, Scene 1 and what are they doing?
7. What is Angel's mood as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
8. Who is Sam and how is he introduced into the story?
9. What does Leland bring with him when he comes to see Angel this morning?
10. What is Delia doing in guy's apartment and why does she need to leave?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)