|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major historical event is America facing at the time of this play?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Korean War.
2. What does Angel tell Leland about her religious beliefs?
(a) She will go to Leland's church.
(b) She doesn't attend church.
(c) She is Catholic.
(d) She is Jewish.
3. Why does Angel accept the proposal from Tony?
(a) She's always wanted to be married.
(b) She needs to network.
(c) She lives to sing.
(d) She needs the money.
4. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) A few days.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few hours.
5. Who is the author of BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
(a) Pearl Clements.
(b) Pearl Cleage.
(c) Patricia Cleage.
(d) Pearl Clawson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the black homosexual man who helps Angel Allen?
2. Where does Guy want to go to design costumes?
3. Which of the following is not someone of importance mentioned in the play?
4. Who had provided Angel's apartment for her?
5. Angel learns that _________ has made arrangements for her to audition for a job.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leland bring with him when he comes to see Angel this morning?
2. When does Angel finally tell Leland the truth about the abortion?
3. What is Guy's mood as Act 1, Scene 5 begins?
4. How does Leland react about Angel's decision?
5. How does Angel feel about having Leland in her life?
6. What is Guy's response to the eviction notice?
7. What news lifts Angel's spirits?
8. Explain how Angel is a woman caught between two worlds.
9. How does the play end?
10. Why is Angel so upset when she arrives home?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)