|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY take place?
2. What does Delia want to establish in Harlem?
(a) A music school.
(b) A charter school.
(c) A family planning clinic.
(d) A university.
3. What does Angel become for Tony?
(a) A singer.
(b) A wife.
(c) A cocktail waitress.
(d) His mistress.
4. Who does Guy use as a model as he works on a dress?
5. Where does Angel work?
(a) The Harlem Blues Club.
(b) The Varsity Club.
(c) The Cotton Club.
(d) The Harlem Hot Spot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Leland's reaction to Angel's new gig?
2. What is Delia's profession?
3. What has Delia established in Harlem?
4. What is Guy's job at the club?
5. Why does Delia leave Guy's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Leland share with Angel?
2. Who will be going to France with Guy?
3. How is Leland's naivete becoming more obvious?
4. Who is Sam and how is he introduced into the story?
5. What is the purpose of Delia's speech at the Abyssinian Church?
6. What does the character of Leland represent in the story?
7. What is Guy's dream?
8. What is Angel's mood as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
9. When does Angel finally tell Leland the truth about the abortion?
10. What secret does Gus keep from Angel?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)