|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Leland's wife die?
(a) 8 weeks.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 8 months.
2. What is Langston Hughes' profession?
3. What does Delia want to establish in Harlem?
(a) A charter school.
(b) A family planning clinic.
(c) A university.
(d) A music school.
4. What does Josephine Baker want from Guy?
(a) Designer addresses.
(b) Sample gowns.
(c) Dress sketches.
(d) Photos of his work.
5. With whom does Angel have a date tonight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Guy to send the gowns?
2. What drives Angel further into despair?
3. Why does Guy not tell Angel he has lost his job?
4. What do Angel and Leland do after everyone leaves?
5. What does Leland promise Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift has Leland brought for Angel?
2. How do Guy and Angel view their circumstances differently?
3. What is the author's message with this play?
4. What does the character of Leland represent in the story?
5. What secret does Gus keep from Angel?
6. How does Guy include Angel in his good news?
7. What decision has Angel made which is very upsetting for her?
8. What news does Angel give Guy this morning?
9. What is the reason for Angel's being drunk?
10. What is Sam's interest in Delia?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)