|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had provided Angel's apartment for her?
(b) Her mother.
2. What is Leland's line of work?
3. Why does Guy not tell Angel he has lost his job?
(a) He doesn't want her to worry.
(b) He doesn't want her to laugh at him.
(c) He doesn't want to upset her.
(d) He doesn't want to be embarrassed.
4. Who sent the cable to Guy?
(a) Jane Mansfield.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Mae West.
(d) Josephine Baker.
5. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick do to Angel tonight?
2. How long has Leland been in New York?
3. Where will Delia deliver her speech?
4. During what season of the year does the story begin?
5. In what year does BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Guy's dream?
2. How does Leland react to news of Angel's pregnancy?
3. Who are the important people in American history with whom the characters interact?
4. What happens when Leland runs into Sam in the apartment building?
5. What has happened to Angel during the time after Sam's murder?
6. Why is Angel so upset when she arrives home?
7. What is happening socially and culturally in America that present challenges to the characters?
8. Who will be going to France with Guy?
9. Who arrives unexpectedly to see Angel as she is home alone?
10. What is Leland's reaction to Guy's homosexuality?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)