|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sam tell Angel to meet him tomorrow morning?
(a) The clinic.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The bus station.
(d) The cafe.
2. How does Angel now view her future?
(d) No reaction.
3. Who has sent a telegram to Guy?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Jack Benny.
(c) Liza Minelli.
(d) Josephine Baker.
4. What do Sam and Delia do in her apartment?
(a) Make love.
(b) Listen to the radio.
(d) Cook dinner.
5. What does Guy receive in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A raise.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A new job.
(d) A new apartment.
6. What news does Sam have for Angel?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She has diabetes.
7. What does Guy suggest to Delia?
(a) That she open a second clinic.
(b) That she accompany him to Paris.
(c) That she go on the lecture circuit.
(d) That she color her hair.
8. What is Delia's mood this morning?
9. What does Angel admit to Leland after he questions her?
(a) She wants to move away from New York.
(b) She wants to break up with him.
(c) She wants lots of children.
(d) She has had an abortion.
10. Leland tells Angel that she's lucky __________________________.
(a) He'll let her live after such horrific news.
(b) To be living in New York.
(c) To have met him.
(d) To be such a talented singer.
11. Which of the following does Angel not see in her future now?
12. What does Sam tell Angel about an abortion?
(a) He will do it.
(b) He will think about it.
(c) He doesn't say anything.
(d) He can't do it.
13. What news does Angel give Leland?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She found a new job.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is moving to Europe.
14. What piece of jewelry does Leland give Angel?
(a) Diamond ring.
(b) Sapphire bracelet.
(c) Emerald brooch.
(d) Ruby earrings.
15. What does Leland offer to Angel?
(a) A home.
(b) A job.
(c) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. The jewelry Leland gives Angel was also worn by ______________ and his wife.
2. What is the national hardship facing America at the time of the story?
3. What does Guy purchase for Angel?
4. For what is Guy holding out hope?
5. What happened to Guy on his way home?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)