|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guy receive in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A new job.
(c) A raise.
(d) A new apartment.
2. How many people were injured in the bombing?
3. What does Sam realize when he runs into Leland?
(a) Leland is drunk.
(b) Leland has gone insane.
(c) Leland knows about the abortion.
(d) Leland is still grieving for his wife and son.
4. Where does Angel tell Guy she has been this morning?
(a) To an audition.
(b) To get an abortion.
(c) To church.
(d) To the market.
5. Where does Sam tell Angel to meet him tomorrow morning?
(a) The cafe.
(b) The clinic.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The bus station.
6. How much of the rent money does Guy have?
(a) Not quite the full amount.
(b) Some of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) All of it.
7. What does Sam wish Angel had asked Delia about?
(a) Birth control.
(b) Gourmet cuisine.
(c) Dress designers.
(d) Fine jewelry.
8. What is the national hardship facing America at the time of the story?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
9. Which of the following did not characterize Harlem in the 1920s?
10. Which of the following does Angel not do as the play comes to an end?
(a) Ponders her future.
(b) Sips champagne.
(c) Looks out the window.
(d) Auditions for a new job.
11. Who has sent a telegram to Guy?
(a) Liza Minelli.
(b) Jack Benny.
(c) Josephine Baker.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
12. What does Guy purchase for Angel?
(a) A new car.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) A ticket to Paris.
(d) A mink stole.
13. How does Angel feel about the news Sam gives her?
(a) She is thrilled.
(b) She is not happy.
(c) She can take it or leave it.
(d) She has no reaction.
14. Why does Delia return to her own apartment?
(a) To pack some clothes.
(b) To take a shower.
(c) To turn off the stove.
(d) To get champagne glasses.
15. Who does Delia say spoke today at the Abyssinian Church?
(a) Margaret Sanger.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Princess Margaret.
(d) Margaret Truman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed since the last scene?
2. What is Guy preparing to do at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Who spots Angel returning to the apartment?
4. What does Leland pull from his belt?
5. What is sitting on the table awaiting some guests?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)