|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam doing as Act 2, Scene 3 opens?
(a) Trying to calm Delia.
(b) Reading a newspaper.
(c) Drinking coffee.
2. How was Delia's proposed clinic site destroyed?
3. What does Leland offer to Angel?
(a) A home.
(c) A job.
(d) A car.
4. What was the topic of the speech at the Abyssinian Church?
(a) Unemployment benefits.
(c) Women's rights.
(d) Family planning.
5. What do Delia and Angel do for a long moment?
(c) Hug each other.
(d) Stare at each other.
6. Where is the office space that Sam offers Delia?
(a) In a suburb.
(b) In a building where he had his first office.
(c) In an office park.
(d) In an abandoned hotel.
7. What does Angel give to Delia?
(a) A glass of champagne.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) A new lipstick.
(d) A picture of Sam.
8. What happened to Guy on his way home?
(a) He was hit by a car.
(b) He was accosted.
(c) He got his shoes shined.
(d) He got caught in the rain.
9. What is the national hardship facing America at the time of the story?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
10. Which of the following does Angel not do as the play comes to an end?
(a) Sips champagne.
(b) Auditions for a new job.
(c) Ponders her future.
(d) Looks out the window.
11. What is Angel doing when Guy returns to the apartment?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Setting the table.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Cooking dinner.
12. For what is Guy holding out hope?
(a) A new lover.
(b) His ultimate dream.
(c) A better apartment.
(d) His old job at the Cotton Club.
13. Why has Guy chilled champagne?
(a) To toast the new year.
(b) For bon voyage toasts.
(c) To celebrate the opening of the clinic.
(d) To make Mimosas.
14. Who does Delia say spoke today at the Abyssinian Church?
(a) Margaret Truman.
(b) Margaret Thatcher.
(c) Princess Margaret.
(d) Margaret Sanger.
15. Who makes a surprise visit to Angel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not addressed in this scene?
2. What advice does Sam give Leland?
3. What news does Angel tell Leland?
4. How much time has passed since the last scene?
5. What has Angel decided to do?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)