|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guy's demeanor to Angel after he hears of her abortion?
2. What does Leland pull from his belt?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A flyer.
(c) A gun.
(d) A money clip.
3. Which of the following does Angel not do as the play comes to an end?
(a) Looks out the window.
(b) Sips champagne.
(c) Auditions for a new job.
(d) Ponders her future.
4. Where is Sam waiting as Act 2, Scene 2 opens?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The apartment building stoop.
(c) The bus station.
(d) The Cotton Club.
5. Who spots Angel returning to the apartment?
(a) The police officer.
(b) The landlord.
6. What is posted on Guy's apartment door?
(a) A maintenance request.
(b) A package delivery slip.
(c) A telegram.
(d) An eviction notice.
7. What news does Angel tell Leland?
(a) She has had a miscarriage.
(b) She has found a new job.
(c) She has found the perfect apartment for them.
(d) She wants to get married today.
8. How does Leland kill Sam?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Strangles him.
(c) Poisons him.
(d) Shoots him.
9. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
10. What piece of jewelry does Leland give Angel?
(a) Diamond ring.
(b) Emerald brooch.
(c) Ruby earrings.
(d) Sapphire bracelet.
11. Why is Delia distressed as Act 2, Scene 3 opens?
(a) Her mother has died.
(b) Her dog died.
(c) Her proposed clinic site is destroyed.
(d) She lost her purse.
12. What does Angel admit to Leland after he questions her?
(a) She wants lots of children.
(b) She wants to move away from New York.
(c) She wants to break up with him.
(d) She has had an abortion.
13. What does Leland bring with him when he arrives this morning?
(a) Bagels and coffee.
(b) Plane tickets.
(c) A rocking chair.
14. What is Guy's appearance when he returns home?
15. Leland tells Angel that she's lucky __________________________.
(a) To be such a talented singer.
(b) He'll let her live after such horrific news.
(c) To have met him.
(d) To be living in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Angel give Leland?
2. In what way has Sam helped Angel before?
3. Where does Sam tell Angel to meet him tomorrow morning?
4. Who is Sam waiting for as Act 2, Scene 2 opens?
5. Why are Guy's friends gathering to celebrate?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)