|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam celebrating tonight?
(a) A new job.
(b) Tenure at the university.
(c) His 25th wedding anniversary.
(d) The delivery of twins at the hospital.
2. How did Leland's wife die?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Car accident.
(d) In childbirth.
3. Who is Sam Thomas?
(a) Angel and Guy's friend.
(b) Nick's fraternity brother.
(c) Angel's voice coach.
(d) Nick's bouncer at the club.
4. Who helps Delia with a speech she has to deliver?
5. What has Angel been doing today?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Rehearsing for her audition.
(c) Sewing costumes.
(d) Taking a long nap.
6. How does Angel feel about Leland?
(a) Lucky to have met him.
(c) Not sure yet.
(d) Cautiously optimistic.
7. Who sent the cable to Guy?
(a) Mae West.
(b) Jane Mansfield.
(c) Josephine Baker.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
8. What kind of jobs is Guy forced to take now?
(a) Hotel valet staff.
(b) Various design and sewing jobs.
(c) Restaurant wait staff.
9. What time is it when the play begins?
(a) 11 p.m.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 3 p.m.
10. What does Leland represent to Angel?
11. Where will Delia deliver her speech?
(a) The Harlem Baptist Church.
(b) The Guggenheim Museum.
(c) Union Station.
(d) The Abyssinian Church.
12. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
(a) Mobile, Alabama.
(b) Detroit, Michigan.
(c) Omaha, Nebraska.
(d) Harlem in New York City.
13. Where is Guy to send the gowns?
14. What is Angel Allen's profession?
15. What does Delia think would benefit Angel?
(a) A husband.
(b) Some new clothes.
(c) More suitable, steady work.
(d) A night on the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Angel work?
2. Which of the following does not describe the dress that Leland has brought for Angel?
3. Who is the author of BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
4. Who is the guest of honor at the party that Angel and Guy attend?
5. How long has Leland been in New York?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)