|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam celebrating tonight?
(a) A new job.
(b) Tenure at the university.
(c) His 25th wedding anniversary.
(d) The delivery of twins at the hospital.
2. What has Angel been doing as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
(d) Looking for a job.
3. Who offers Angel a place to stay?
4. Angel and Guy dress up to go where?
(a) A party.
5. What has Angel learned about Nick?
(a) He has sold the club.
(b) He has moved to Europe.
(c) He has married another woman.
(d) He is a homosexual.
6. What does Nick do to Angel tonight?
(a) Gives her a raise.
(b) Fires her.
(c) Marries her.
(d) Promotes her.
7. What is Guy's job at the club?
(a) Costume designer.
(d) Piano player.
8. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
(a) Mobile, Alabama.
(b) Harlem in New York City.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Omaha, Nebraska.
9. What does Leland promise Angel?
(a) He will buy her a diamond ring.
(b) He will return tomorrow night.
(c) He will build her a house.
(d) He will take her to Europe.
10. Where will Delia deliver her speech?
(a) The Abyssinian Church.
(b) The Guggenheim Museum.
(c) The Harlem Baptist Church.
(d) Union Station.
11. During what season of the year does the story begin?
12. What does Sam give Angel?
(a) A hangover cure.
(b) Some legal advice.
(c) Free tax service.
(d) Car maintenance.
13. Who is Delia's heroine?
(a) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(b) Josephine Baker.
(c) Margaret Sanger.
(d) Madame Curie.
14. Where is Guy to send the gowns?
15. Why is Angel upset when she returns home?
(a) Her audition was a bust.
(b) She lost her purse.
(c) She can't find her turquoise hat.
(d) She spilled coffee on her new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Delia give to Angel?
2. What are Leland's plans for tonight?
3. Why does Delia leave Guy's apartment?
4. What kind of jobs is Guy forced to take now?
5. What major historical event is America facing at the time of this play?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)