|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Angel remind Leland of his wife?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her smile.
(d) Her cooking.
2. Who is pastor of The Abyssinian Church?
(a) Reverend Adam Clayton Powell Jr.
(b) Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.
(c) Reverend Billy Graham.
(d) Reverend Al Sharpton.
3. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
(a) Omaha, Nebraska.
(b) Harlem in New York City.
(c) Mobile, Alabama.
(d) Detroit, Michigan.
4. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A schoolyard.
(b) A New York City street.
(c) A library.
(d) A bar.
5. How did Leland's wife die?
(a) Car accident.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) In childbirth.
6. Who is Angel's boss and boyfriend?
7. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few days.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few hours.
8. Who is Sam Thomas?
(a) Angel and Guy's friend.
(b) Angel's voice coach.
(c) Nick's bouncer at the club.
(d) Nick's fraternity brother.
9. What is Langston Hughes' profession?
10. What major historical event is America facing at the time of this play?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The Korean War.
11. What has Delia established in Harlem?
(a) A family planning clinic.
(b) A halfway house.
(c) An AIDS clinic.
(d) A charter school.
12. When does Angel agree to go out with Leland?
13. What is in the box that Leland leaves for Angel?
(a) A book.
(b) A hat.
(c) A dress.
(d) A purse.
14. What is the organization that Delia is working so hard to establish?
(b) Second hand store.
(d) Family planning clinic.
15. Which of the following is not someone of importance mentioned in the play?
(a) Dr. Benjamin Spock.
(b) Reverend Adam Clayton Powell.
(c) Langston Hughes.
(d) Margaret Sanger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Angel been doing as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
2. How does Angel feel about Leland?
3. Angel learns that _________ has made arrangements for her to audition for a job.
4. What does Angel tell Leland?
5. What is Delia's profession?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)