|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what season of the year does the story begin?
2. Who is Angel's boss and boyfriend?
3. From what state has Leland come to New York?
(b) South Carolina.
4. Where does Angel work?
(a) The Harlem Blues Club.
(b) The Harlem Hot Spot.
(c) The Varsity Club.
(d) The Cotton Club.
5. What does Angel tell Leland about her religious beliefs?
(a) She doesn't attend church.
(b) She is Jewish.
(c) She will go to Leland's church.
(d) She is Catholic.
6. What does Leland represent to Angel?
7. When does Angel agree to go out with Leland?
8. Angel learns that _________ has made arrangements for her to audition for a job.
9. What is Angel doing as she talks to Guy?
(a) Getting ready for her date.
(b) Curling her hair.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Ironing a dress.
10. Why does Guy not tell Angel he has lost his job?
(a) He doesn't want to be embarrassed.
(b) He doesn't want her to laugh at him.
(c) He doesn't want to upset her.
(d) He doesn't want her to worry.
11. How long has Leland been in New York?
(a) Six days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Six years.
12. What is the reason for Guy's mood?
(a) He received a cable.
(b) He lost his dog.
(c) He is in love.
(d) He got a new job.
13. What is Angel Allen's profession?
14. Whose portrait hangs over the work are in Guy's apartment?
(a) Josephine Baker's.
(b) Mae West's.
(c) Marilyn Monroe's.
(d) Jane Mansfield's.
15. What has Angel been doing as Act 1, Scene 3 begins?
(c) Looking for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Angel and Leland do after everyone leaves?
2. What does Delia think would benefit Angel?
3. Who had provided Angel's apartment for her?
4. For what issue is Delia interested in gaining the support of black church deacons?
5. What is Leland's reaction to Angel's new gig?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)