|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leland's line of work?
2. Why does Angel accept the proposal from Tony?
(a) She lives to sing.
(b) She's always wanted to be married.
(c) She needs to network.
(d) She needs the money.
3. Who is the man Angel is to audition for?
4. Who is Guy's neighbor?
5. What is in the box that Leland leaves for Angel?
(a) A book.
(b) A dress.
(c) A purse.
(d) A hat.
6. What would Leland like to do with Angel?
(a) Pursue a relationship.
(b) Go to the opera.
(c) Go bowling.
(d) Listen to her sing.
7. What has Angel learned about Nick?
(a) He has moved to Europe.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) He has married another woman.
(d) He has sold the club.
8. Angel and Guy dress up to go where?
(d) A party.
9. What does Delia want to establish in Harlem?
(a) A university.
(b) A music school.
(c) A charter school.
(d) A family planning clinic.
10. Who is pastor of The Abyssinian Church?
(a) Reverend Billy Graham.
(b) Reverend Al Sharpton.
(c) Reverend Adam Clayton Powell Jr.
(d) Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.
11. Who is the black homosexual man who helps Angel Allen?
(a) Guy Jacobs.
(b) Guy Jacobson.
(c) Guy Fawkes.
(d) Gus Jacobs.
12. What does Leland represent to Angel?
13. How did Leland's wife die?
(b) In childbirth.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Car accident.
14. During what season of the year does the story begin?
15. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A schoolyard.
(b) A New York City street.
(c) A bar.
(d) A library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Angel been doing today?
2. How much time has passed since the last scene?
3. What is the organization that Delia is working so hard to establish?
4. What is Langston Hughes' profession?
5. When does Angel agree to go out with Leland?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)