|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Leland's wife die?
(a) Car accident.
(c) In childbirth.
(d) Heart attack.
2. What has Angel been doing today?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Taking a long nap.
(c) Rehearsing for her audition.
(d) Sewing costumes.
3. What is Leland's reaction to Angel's new gig?
4. Leland is intent on finding a new ____________.
5. What is the reason for Guy's mood?
(a) He got a new job.
(b) He lost his dog.
(c) He is in love.
(d) He received a cable.
6. What is Angel doing as she talks to Guy?
(a) Getting ready for her date.
(b) Ironing a dress.
(c) Curling her hair.
(d) Washing dishes.
7. Where does Angel work?
(a) The Harlem Blues Club.
(b) The Cotton Club.
(c) The Harlem Hot Spot.
(d) The Varsity Club.
8. Who is pastor of The Abyssinian Church?
(a) Reverend Adam Clayton Powell Jr.
(b) Reverend Al Sharpton.
(c) Reverend Billy Graham.
(d) Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.
9. What does Sam give Angel?
(a) Free tax service.
(b) A hangover cure.
(c) Some legal advice.
(d) Car maintenance.
10. What does Angel become for Tony?
(a) A wife.
(b) A cocktail waitress.
(c) A singer.
(d) His mistress.
11. Who is the black homosexual man who helps Angel Allen?
(a) Gus Jacobs.
(b) Guy Fawkes.
(c) Guy Jacobs.
(d) Guy Jacobson.
12. During what season of the year does the story begin?
13. Who is Sam Thomas?
(a) Nick's fraternity brother.
(b) Angel and Guy's friend.
(c) Angel's voice coach.
(d) Nick's bouncer at the club.
14. Why does Angel accept the proposal from Tony?
(a) She's always wanted to be married.
(b) She lives to sing.
(c) She needs to network.
(d) She needs the money.
15. Who is considering a relationship with Delia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the organization that Delia is working so hard to establish?
2. What is Delia's profession?
3. With whom does Angel have a date tonight?
4. How does Angel feel about Leland?
5. What would Leland like to do with Angel?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)