|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Angel remind Leland of his wife?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her smile.
2. Where will Delia deliver her speech?
(a) The Abyssinian Church.
(b) Union Station.
(c) The Guggenheim Museum.
(d) The Harlem Baptist Church.
3. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
4. Who is Sam Thomas?
(a) Nick's bouncer at the club.
(b) Angel's voice coach.
(c) Angel and Guy's friend.
(d) Nick's fraternity brother.
5. Where is Guy to send the gowns?
6. What is Delia's profession?
(c) Social worker.
7. During what season of the year does the story begin?
8. Why does Angel accept the proposal from Tony?
(a) She needs the money.
(b) She needs to network.
(c) She's always wanted to be married.
(d) She lives to sing.
9. What does Sam give Angel?
(a) A hangover cure.
(b) Car maintenance.
(c) Some legal advice.
(d) Free tax service.
10. What is Angel doing as she talks to Guy?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Ironing a dress.
(c) Curling her hair.
(d) Getting ready for her date.
11. What is in the box that Leland leaves for Angel?
(a) A book.
(b) A purse.
(c) A dress.
(d) A hat.
12. Angel and Guy dress up to go where?
(a) A party.
13. What is Guy's mood at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
14. What is Langston Hughes' profession?
15. What is the organization that Delia is working so hard to establish?
(a) Second hand store.
(c) Family planning clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
2. What kind of jobs is Guy forced to take now?
3. What has Angel learned about Nick?
4. What does Delia think would benefit Angel?
5. For what type of job has Angel looked?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)