|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Angel?
2. What does Delia want to establish in Harlem?
(a) A charter school.
(b) A family planning clinic.
(c) A music school.
(d) A university.
3. What are Leland's plans for tonight?
(a) A date with Angel.
(b) Basketball with buddies.
(c) Dinner with friends.
(d) Church meeting.
4. When does Angel agree to go out with Leland?
5. What is Sam Thomas' profession?
6. During what season of the year does the story begin?
7. What does Leland promise Angel?
(a) He will take her to Europe.
(b) He will build her a house.
(c) He will buy her a diamond ring.
(d) He will return tomorrow night.
8. What is the organization that Delia is working so hard to establish?
(a) Second hand store.
(b) Family planning clinic.
9. Who does Angel talk to about Leland?
10. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A New York City street.
(b) A schoolyard.
(c) A bar.
(d) A library.
11. Angel and Guy dress up to go where?
(b) A party.
12. What major historical event is America facing at the time of this play?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
13. What information does Guy keep from Angel?
(a) He is not gay.
(b) He has also lost his job.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He is moving to Manhattan.
14. How does Angel feel about Leland?
(a) Lucky to have met him.
(b) Not sure yet.
(d) Cautiously optimistic.
15. What is Guy's job at the club?
(a) Piano player.
(c) Costume designer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Delia give to Angel?
2. Who is the black homosexual man who helps Angel Allen?
3. How long has Leland been in New York?
4. What does Angel tell Leland about her religious beliefs?
5. What kind of jobs is Guy forced to take now?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)