|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considering a relationship with Delia?
2. What is Angel Allen's profession?
3. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few days.
4. What is Langston Hughes' profession?
5. What is Guy's mood at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 5?
6. Where is Guy to send the gowns?
7. Who is the black homosexual man who helps Angel Allen?
(a) Guy Fawkes.
(b) Gus Jacobs.
(c) Guy Jacobson.
(d) Guy Jacobs.
8. What drives Angel further into despair?
(a) The electricity has been turned off.
(b) The sight of poor and homeless people.
(c) No phone calls from Nick.
(d) The bills are past due.
9. Who is Leland mourning?
(a) His wife and son.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
10. What is Sam Thomas' profession?
11. What advice does Delia give to Angel?
(a) Take a typing class.
(b) Go home to Indiana.
(c) Finish her degree.
(d) Work in the clinic.
12. What are Leland's plans for tonight?
(a) A date with Angel.
(b) Dinner with friends.
(c) Church meeting.
(d) Basketball with buddies.
13. For what type of job has Angel looked?
14. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A schoolyard.
(b) A New York City street.
(c) A bar.
(d) A library.
15. During what season of the year does the story begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Guy's neighbor?
2. What has Delia established in Harlem?
3. What is Delia's profession?
4. Why does Angel accept the proposal from Tony?
5. Why does Delia leave Guy's apartment?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)