|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam celebrating tonight?
(a) The delivery of twins at the hospital.
(b) A new job.
(c) Tenure at the university.
(d) His 25th wedding anniversary.
2. What does Sam give Angel?
(a) Some legal advice.
(b) Free tax service.
(c) A hangover cure.
(d) Car maintenance.
3. Where will Delia deliver her speech?
(a) The Harlem Baptist Church.
(b) Union Station.
(c) The Abyssinian Church.
(d) The Guggenheim Museum.
4. What information does Guy keep from Angel?
(a) He is moving to Manhattan.
(b) He is not gay.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He has also lost his job.
5. How much time has passed since the last scene?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
6. What is Langston Hughes' profession?
7. What kind of luck has Angel had with men?
8. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
(a) Omaha, Nebraska.
(b) Detroit, Michigan.
(c) Harlem in New York City.
(d) Mobile, Alabama.
9. Who is the guest of honor at the party that Angel and Guy attend?
(a) Richard Pryor.
(b) Dick Gregory.
(c) Adam Clayton Powell.
(d) Langston Hughes.
10. What drives Angel further into despair?
(a) The sight of poor and homeless people.
(b) No phone calls from Nick.
(c) The bills are past due.
(d) The electricity has been turned off.
11. Who is Leland mourning?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife and son.
(d) His father.
12. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A New York City street.
(b) A schoolyard.
(c) A library.
(d) A bar.
13. What is Leland's reaction to Angel's new gig?
14. In what way does Angel remind Leland of his wife?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her smile.
(d) Her hair.
15. What does Leland represent to Angel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Delia's profession?
2. Angel and Guy dress up to go where?
3. What does Angel become for Tony?
4. What has Angel learned about Nick?
5. What do Angel and Leland do after everyone leaves?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)