|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam give Angel?
(a) Some legal advice.
(b) Free tax service.
(c) Car maintenance.
(d) A hangover cure.
2. What are Leland's plans for tonight?
(a) Dinner with friends.
(b) A date with Angel.
(c) Church meeting.
(d) Basketball with buddies.
3. What is Guy's job at the club?
(a) Costume designer.
(b) Piano player.
4. Where does Guy want to go to design costumes?
5. How many job offers has Angel received?
6. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A New York City street.
(b) A library.
(c) A schoolyard.
(d) A bar.
7. What kind of luck has Angel had with men?
8. What is Sam celebrating tonight?
(a) A new job.
(b) His 25th wedding anniversary.
(c) The delivery of twins at the hospital.
(d) Tenure at the university.
9. What does Josephine Baker want from Guy?
(a) Designer addresses.
(b) Photos of his work.
(c) Dress sketches.
(d) Sample gowns.
10. What is the organization that Delia is working so hard to establish?
(b) Family planning clinic.
(d) Second hand store.
11. Where will Delia deliver her speech?
(a) The Abyssinian Church.
(b) The Guggenheim Museum.
(c) The Harlem Baptist Church.
(d) Union Station.
12. How long ago did Leland's wife die?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 8 days.
13. With whom does Angel have a date tonight?
14. What does Angel tell Leland about her religious beliefs?
(a) She doesn't attend church.
(b) She is Jewish.
(c) She is Catholic.
(d) She will go to Leland's church.
15. What is Angel doing as she talks to Guy?
(a) Curling her hair.
(b) Getting ready for her date.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Ironing a dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY take place?
2. What is Langston Hughes' profession?
3. What do Angel and Leland do after everyone leaves?
4. What does Angel become for Tony?
5. Who is the author of BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)