|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major historical event is America facing at the time of this play?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The Korean War.
2. Where does Guy want to go to design costumes?
3. Who is pastor of The Abyssinian Church?
(a) Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) Reverend Billy Graham.
(c) Reverend Al Sharpton.
(d) Reverend Adam Clayton Powell Jr.
4. What is Leland's line of work?
5. Who is the guest of honor at the party that Angel and Guy attend?
(a) Langston Hughes.
(b) Adam Clayton Powell.
(c) Dick Gregory.
(d) Richard Pryor.
6. Why does Guy not tell Angel he has lost his job?
(a) He doesn't want to upset her.
(b) He doesn't want her to laugh at him.
(c) He doesn't want her to worry.
(d) He doesn't want to be embarrassed.
7. What is the setting for BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
(a) Mobile, Alabama.
(b) Omaha, Nebraska.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Harlem in New York City.
8. Who helps Delia with a speech she has to deliver?
9. Why is Angel upset when she returns home?
(a) She can't find her turquoise hat.
(b) Her audition was a bust.
(c) She lost her purse.
(d) She spilled coffee on her new dress.
10. Who sent the cable to Guy?
(a) Josephine Baker.
(b) Mae West.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Jane Mansfield.
11. Angel learns that _________ has made arrangements for her to audition for a job.
12. Who is the black homosexual man who helps Angel Allen?
(a) Guy Fawkes.
(b) Guy Jacobs.
(c) Gus Jacobs.
(d) Guy Jacobson.
13. What do Angel and Leland do after everyone leaves?
(a) Stay in the apartment to talk.
(b) Watch a movie.
(c) Listen to the radio.
(d) Go out for dinner.
14. What does Sam give Angel?
(a) Some legal advice.
(b) Free tax service.
(c) A hangover cure.
(d) Car maintenance.
15. What does Angel become for Tony?
(a) A wife.
(b) His mistress.
(c) A singer.
(d) A cocktail waitress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed since the last scene?
2. Who does Guy use as a model as he works on a dress?
3. Whose portrait hangs over the work are in Guy's apartment?
4. How long has Leland been in New York?
5. What does Delia want to establish in Harlem?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)