|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Angel a place to stay?
2. Why is Angel upset when she returns home?
(a) She spilled coffee on her new dress.
(b) She lost her purse.
(c) She can't find her turquoise hat.
(d) Her audition was a bust.
3. What is Leland's line of work?
4. Who is Leland mourning?
(a) His wife and son.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
5. What does Josephine Baker want from Guy?
(a) Designer addresses.
(b) Sample gowns.
(c) Dress sketches.
(d) Photos of his work.
6. What is Sam Thomas' profession?
7. What does Nick do to Angel tonight?
(a) Marries her.
(b) Promotes her.
(c) Gives her a raise.
(d) Fires her.
8. Why does Angel accept the proposal from Tony?
(a) She's always wanted to be married.
(b) She needs to network.
(c) She needs the money.
(d) She lives to sing.
9. What has Angel been doing today?
(a) Rehearsing for her audition.
(b) Sewing costumes.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Taking a long nap.
10. Why does Delia leave Guy's apartment?
(a) To get some sleep.
(b) To take a shower.
(c) To fix dinner.
(d) To get ready for work.
11. What is Sam celebrating tonight?
(a) Tenure at the university.
(b) The delivery of twins at the hospital.
(c) A new job.
(d) His 25th wedding anniversary.
12. What advice does Delia give to Angel?
(a) Work in the clinic.
(b) Go home to Indiana.
(c) Take a typing class.
(d) Finish her degree.
13. What is Langston Hughes' profession?
14. Where does Angel work?
(a) The Cotton Club.
(b) The Harlem Hot Spot.
(c) The Harlem Blues Club.
(d) The Varsity Club.
15. What would Leland like to do with Angel?
(a) Go to the opera.
(b) Pursue a relationship.
(c) Go bowling.
(d) Listen to her sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of luck has Angel had with men?
2. What is the organization that Delia is working so hard to establish?
3. What kind of jobs is Guy forced to take now?
4. What does Sam give Angel?
5. How did Leland's wife die?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)