|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major historical event is America facing at the time of this play?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
2. What is Langston Hughes' profession?
3. Who is pastor of The Abyssinian Church?
(a) Reverend Adam Clayton Powell Jr.
(b) Reverend Al Sharpton.
(c) Reverend Billy Graham.
(d) Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.
4. What has Delia established in Harlem?
(a) A family planning clinic.
(b) A charter school.
(c) A halfway house.
(d) An AIDS clinic.
5. Who is the guest of honor at the party that Angel and Guy attend?
(a) Adam Clayton Powell.
(b) Dick Gregory.
(c) Richard Pryor.
(d) Langston Hughes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the black homosexual man who helps Angel Allen?
2. Which of the following is not someone of importance mentioned in the play?
3. For what issue is Delia interested in gaining the support of black church deacons?
4. Who is Sam Thomas?
5. What is Delia's profession?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)