|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guy not tell Angel he has lost his job?
(a) He doesn't want her to worry.
(b) He doesn't want to be embarrassed.
(c) He doesn't want her to laugh at him.
(d) He doesn't want to upset her.
2. During what season of the year does the story begin?
3. What drives Angel further into despair?
(a) The sight of poor and homeless people.
(b) No phone calls from Nick.
(c) The electricity has been turned off.
(d) The bills are past due.
4. Who is Delia's heroine?
(a) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(b) Josephine Baker.
(c) Madame Curie.
(d) Margaret Sanger.
5. What is Langston Hughes' profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY?
2. Angel and Guy dress up to go where?
3. For what issue is Delia interested in gaining the support of black church deacons?
4. Who shows up at Guy's apartment unexpectedly?
5. What does Delia think would benefit Angel?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)