* BLUES FOR AN ALABAMA SKY takes place in Harlem, New York, in the summer of 1930.
* The play opens with Guy Jacobs, a black homosexual man, helping a friend, Angel Allen.
* Angel is a singer at the Cotton Club and is very drunk tonight.
* Angel has just learned that her boyfriend and boss, Nick, has married another woman.
* When Angel heckled Nick at the club, she was fired.
* Guy, who is a costume designer, was also fired from the club for sticking up for Angel.
* Guy and Angel encounter a man named Leland who helps Guy get Angel to Guy's apartment.
* The commotion awakens Guy's neighbor, Delia, who is a social worker hoping to follow in the footsteps of famous family planning advocate, Margaret Sanger.
* Delia works tirelessly in the development of a family planning clinic in Harlem.
* Guy's dream is to go to Paris and design...
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)