|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janey find as she waits for the teacher to arrive?
2. Where does Janey's father work?
3. Why does Mrs. Larkin not want to go to a hospital?
4. What day of the week is it in Chapter 6?
5. Who brings gifts and fruit to the Larkins' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Larkins spend the money won in the cotton picking contest?
2. Who all participates in Mrs. Larkin's care?
3. Why does the Camp School come to a close?
4. What does the large pile of firewood at the house signify for Janey?
5. Explain how Janey knows that she is really home in the new house with the new furniture.
6. What offer does Mr. Anderson make to Mr. Larkin?
7. What memory is prompted for Janey when seeing cows outside on a cold night?
8. Why does Janey offer the willow plate to Dr. Pierce as payment for Mom's care?
9. What does Janey offer to Bounce as rent payment so that he will leave the house?
10. What does Janey notice as she waits for the teacher and other students at the Camp School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the lives of Janey and Lupe. How are their circumstances similar? In what ways are their lives different? What draws them together to make them friends? What could have threatened to kill a friendship even before it began?
Essay Topic 2
BLUE WILLOW is a classic coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mr. Anderson. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Mr. Anderson's character in the novel?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)