|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Anderson give Janey to make up for Bounce's rude behavior?
2. Why does the family decide to walk to their outing?
3. What does Janey's father insist that Janey do every day?
4. What is Lupe's last name?
5. Where does Lupe invite Janey to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dad show that he can be content with his life the way it is?
2. Where do the Larkins go on an outing when Dad is off work?
3. What conclusion does Janey come to regarding Lupe's skin color?
4. How does Janey finally decide to spend her own nickel?
5. Why does Janey wish for a brother or a sister?
6. Why is paying rent good news for Janey?
7. What does Mom give to Janey to take to the fair?
8. What exhibits do Janey and Lupe look at at the fair and why does Lupe reason that Janey wants to stay by herself in the library booth?
9. How old is Janey Larkin and what is she doing as the novel begins?
10. Who is Lupe Romero and how does Janey encounter her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
BLUE WILLOW is a classic coming of age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mrs. Larkin. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mr. Larkin. What did he look like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)