|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Larkin not want to go to a hospital?
(a) She doesn't want to scare Janey.
(b) They don't have money to pay for it.
(c) She is afraid of hospitals.
(d) They are leaving tomorrow.
2. Why does Janey go to the Anderson farm one more time before the family leaves again?
(a) To borrow money.
(b) To see the willow plate.
(c) To thank him for giving her a fishing pole.
(d) To ask to ride a horse.
3. What does Mr. Larkin bring home this night?
4. What do the Larkins buy with Mr. Larkin's prize money?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) New tires.
5. What does Janey see on the mantle when she arrives home one day?
(a) Her mother's portrait.
(b) Candlesticks she made.
(c) Christmas decorations.
(d) The willow plate.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Larkins once lived _____________________.
2. What disease does the doctor say Mrs. Larkin has?
3. What had Bounce hoped to trade the willow plate back to the Larkins for?
4. What does the teacher ask Janey about the horned toad?
5. Why does Janey want her father to take the job of trimming the trees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the large pile of firewood at the house signify for Janey?
2. What does the eucalyptus tree job mean for the Larkin family?
3. Why does Janey have so much anxiety about the cotton picking contest?
4. Why does Janey go to the Anderson house prior to the Larkin family's leaving the area and what does she learn from Mr. Anderson regarding her willow plate?
5. What is the purpose of Miss Peterson's visit to the Larkin house?
6. Why does Janey offer the willow plate to Dr. Pierce as payment for Mom's care?
7. What does Janey note about the differences in her parents and she relates to each of them?
8. Why does the Camp School come to a close?
9. Explain how Janey knows that she is really home in the new house with the new furniture.
10. What memory is prompted for Janey when seeing cows outside on a cold night?
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)