|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who watches over Mrs. Larkin as Janey heads to town to find the doctor?
(a) Mrs. Romero.
(b) Mrs. Ramirez.
(c) Mrs. Gomez.
(d) Mrs. Sanchez.
2. What makes Janey happy about staying?
(a) She will get new clothes.
(b) She can go to the Regular School.
(c) She can go fishing whenever she wants to.
(d) She has her own bedroom.
3. What disease does the doctor say Mrs. Larkin has?
4. What is a swamper?
(a) A scoundrel.
(b) A frogger.
(c) A helper.
(d) A team leader.
5. What book does Janey select from the traveling library?
(a) Robinson Crusoe.
(b) King Arthur.
(c) The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
(d) Tom Sawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Janey is so happy that she feels as if she owns everything in sight and that _____________________.
2. How much will Mr. Larkin give the person in #115 if Mr. Larkin wins one of the top prizes today?
3. What does Janey sense as she sits near the river?
4. The correct name for the creature in #99 is _____________________.
5. What does a large pile of wood signify to Janey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Janey know that her Mom is very sick?
2. What does Janey offer to Bounce as rent payment so that he will leave the house?
3. Describe the events of the Larkins moving into the place recently vacated by Bounce?
4. How is the family relieved as Mom's condition continues to improve?
5. Why does Janey go to the Anderson house prior to the Larkin family's leaving the area and what does she learn from Mr. Anderson regarding her willow plate?
6. Where does Janey decide to go since Dad is not going to work and won't be taking her to school this day?
7. Describe Janey's first day at Camp School.
8. What does Janey do to prevent Bounce from shooting the ducks she has been watching?
9. What is the purpose of Miss Peterson's visit to the Larkin house?
10. Why does Janey offer the willow plate to Dr. Pierce as payment for Mom's care?
This section contains 1,418 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)