|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Janey hesitant to allow the doctor to come to their house?
(a) She thinks Mrs. Romero will get in trouble.
(b) She knows the house will be dirty.
(c) She thinks her Mom will be angry.
(d) She thinks her father will be mad.
2. Mr. Larkin tells Janey that she has grown into a _________________.
(b) smarty pants.
(c) young woman.
(d) good girl.
3. Where does Janey's father take her at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Camp School.
(b) The ice cream stand.
(d) The hardware store.
4. What place does Mr. Larkin finish in in the contest?
5. Where does the doctor drive Janey in his car?
(a) A pharmacy.
(b) The Larkin house.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a large pile of wood signify to Janey?
2. What book does Janey select from the traveling library?
3. Who brings gifts and fruit to the Larkins' home?
4. What does the sign inside the doctor's office say?
5. What does Janey do while Mrs. Romero takes care of Mrs. Larkin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dad enter into a fight with Bounce that could land Dad in jail?
2. Describe the events of the Larkins moving into the place recently vacated by Bounce?
3. What does Janey note about the differences in her parents and she relates to each of them?
4. What disease is Mom diagnosed as having?
5. What does the eucalyptus tree job mean for the Larkin family?
6. What is Janey's frame of mind as she sits watching the ducks on the water?
7. What does the large pile of firewood at the house signify for Janey?
8. Why does the Camp School come to a close?
9. How does Janey know that her Mom is very sick?
10. What does Janey notice as she waits for the teacher and other students at the Camp School?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)