|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Janey know that her Mom is sick?
(a) She is bleeding severely.
(b) She is hallucinating.
(c) She has fainted.
(d) She cannot get out of bed to fix breakfast.
2. Where do many of the workers live?
(a) Camp houses.
(d) Trailer parks.
3. What is Mr. Anderson's plan for Bounce?
(a) He is going to send him back to school.
(b) He is sending him on a business trip.
(c) He is going to promote him.
(d) He is going to fire him.
4. What does the teacher ask Janey about the horned toad?
(a) If she will keep it.
(b) If she has a name for it yet.
(c) If she knows what it eats.
(d) If she will turn it loose.
5. Why is Janey hesitant to allow the doctor to come to their house?
(a) She thinks Mrs. Romero will get in trouble.
(b) She knows the house will be dirty.
(c) She thinks her father will be mad.
(d) She thinks her Mom will be angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor take in form of payment for his services?
2. What does Janey see on the mantle when she arrives home one day?
3. Why are the houses and the school crammed so close together?
4. What place does Mr. Larkin finish in in the contest?
5. Where does Janey wait for the teacher and other students?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disease is Mom diagnosed as having?
2. What offer does Mr. Anderson make to Mr. Larkin?
3. What does Janey offer to Bounce as rent payment so that he will leave the house?
4. Describe Janey's first day at Camp School.
5. What is Dad's description of bravery and why does Janey now have a better appreciation for the bravery exhibited by her parents?
6. Who all participates in Mrs. Larkin's care?
7. Why does Dad enter into a fight with Bounce that could land Dad in jail?
8. Why does Janey offer the willow plate to Dr. Pierce as payment for Mom's care?
9. How is the family relieved as Mom's condition continues to improve?
10. How do the Larkins spend the money won in the cotton picking contest?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)