|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Mom give Janey to take with her?
(a) A nickel.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) Three dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
2. Janey notices that her Mom ______________ a lot.
3. What is Bounce's job?
(a) Truck driver.
4. What is Janey's last name?
5. What does Janey wear to the destination in #34?
(a) A skirt and top.
(b) Shorts and t-shirt.
(c) Jeans and t-shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Janey thinks that Lupe's dress makes Lupe's skin look ___________________.
2. What is Lupe's last name?
3. Janey thinks that Lupe probably attends the ________________ school.
4. What story does Janey read about before going out to play?
5. What booth particularly interests Janey at the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old is Janey Larkin and what is she doing as the novel begins?
2. What is the significance of the nickel in terms of how Mom feels for Janey's good fortune?
3. Who is Bounce Reyburn and how do the Larkins encounter him?
4. What does Mom say at the riverbank that surprises Janey for its poetry?
5. Where do the Larkins go on an outing when Dad is off work?
6. How is the Larkin family's stress exhibited in Chapter 3?
7. Where is Janey invited to go with the Romeros?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding the willow plate in Chapter 4?
9. Why does Janey decide not to make any effort to see if there are any kids living in the Mexican family nearby?
10. What does Dad say about work on the ranch that disappoints Janey?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)