|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Janey's family move so much?
(a) Her father is in the army.
(b) Her father has to find work.
(c) Janey's mother needs medical treatment.
(d) Her father is a contractor.
2. What will Janey's father do on the trip?
3. How many siblings does Lupe have?
4. What does Lupe give to Janey because she thinks that Janey doesn't have any money?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A ride ticket.
(d) A candy bar.
5. What is the name of the dog that runs toward Janey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mom packs up some salt port and ____________________ for the trip.
2. What does Mom cook over a fire on the outing?
3. Janey thinks that Lupe probably attends the ________________ school.
4. Which of the following images is NOT on the willow plate?
5. What is Lupe's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Janey always longed to do in a permanent place?
2. Who is Lupe Romero and how does Janey encounter her?
3. Why are the Larkins living the way they are now in California?
4. What are the differences between a regular school and a camp school?
5. Where is Janey invited to go with the Romeros?
6. Who is Bounce Reyburn and how do the Larkins encounter him?
7. How does Janey finally decide to spend her own nickel?
8. What is known about Janey's mother and the woman she calls Mom?
9. What does Mom give to Janey to take to the fair?
10. What is Bounce's role on the ranch and what authority does he say he has regarding rent?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)