|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Janey allowed to go to the destination in #34?
(a) She is interested in other religions.
(b) She wants to meet new people.
(c) She likes to see items of local cultures.
(d) Children are admitted free on this day.
2. Dad announces that there won't be work for the next three days because of _______________________.
(a) an irrigation project.
(d) too many workers.
3. How does Janey feel when Mom gives her the nickel to go to the fair?
4. What is Lupe's last name?
5. What does Janey actually buy with her nickel?
(d) Root beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman who now takes care of Janey?
2. What is notable about Janey's biological mother?
3. How many siblings does Lupe have?
4. Which of the following images is NOT on the willow plate?
5. Janey notices that her Mom ______________ a lot.
Short Essay Questions
1. What conclusion does Janey come to regarding Lupe's skin color?
2. What is Bounce's role on the ranch and what authority does he say he has regarding rent?
3. How does Dad show that he can be content with his life the way it is?
4. How is the Larkin family's stress exhibited in Chapter 3?
5. What are the differences between a regular school and a camp school?
6. What does Mom say at the riverbank that surprises Janey for its poetry?
7. How does Janey finally decide to spend her own nickel?
8. What is the significance of the nickel in terms of how Mom feels for Janey's good fortune?
9. Who is Lupe Romero and how does Janey encounter her?
10. What is Bounce's secretive behavior about the rent and why does Janey not like him?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)