|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janey place her feet on to sleep at night?
(a) A table.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A cardboard box.
(d) A stack of magazines.
2. What does Mr. Anderson give Janey to make up for Bounce's rude behavior?
(a) A dozen eggs.
(b) Some ice cream.
(c) A bag of sugar.
(d) A candy bar.
3. Janey is aware that no one has approached them to either move out of the shack or ___________________.
(a) landscape it.
(b) paint it.
(c) put on a new roof.
(d) to pay rent.
4. What does Bounce warn Mr. Larkin not to do?
(a) Look for another place to live.
(b) Fish at the pond.
(c) Complain to Mr. Anderson about the rent.
(d) Drive too fast on the ranch.
5. What ride does Janey ride at the fair?
(a) The merry-go-round.
(b) The Tilt-a-Whirl.
(c) The bumper cars.
(d) The Ferris Wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much rent do the Larkins pay for their shack for a month?
2. How old is Janey at the beginning of the book?
3. How much money does Mom give Janey to take with her?
4. Who is Lupe?
5. What does Mom cook over a fire on the outing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Janey wish for a brother or a sister?
2. What does Dad say about work on the ranch that disappoints Janey?
3. What is Bounce's secretive behavior about the rent and why does Janey not like him?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding the willow plate in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Janey decide not to make any effort to see if there are any kids living in the Mexican family nearby?
6. What is Bounce's role on the ranch and what authority does he say he has regarding rent?
7. Where is Janey invited to go with the Romeros?
8. What has Janey always longed to do in a permanent place?
9. What conclusion does Janey come to regarding Lupe's skin color?
10. What does Mom give to Janey to take to the fair?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)