|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man who picks the most cotton in the contest will win an additional _________________.
2. What book does Janey select from the traveling library?
(a) The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Robinson Crusoe.
(d) King Arthur.
3. What has Bounce done with the rent money?
(a) Kept them for himself.
(b) Kept half of it.
(c) Gave it all to charity.
(d) Gave half to Mr. Anderson.
4. What kind of shop is Mrs. Romero going to open?
(a) Dress shop.
(c) Tortilla shop.
(d) Beauty salon.
5. What is the teacher's name?
(a) Miss Peterson.
(b) Miss Robertson.
(c) Miss Meyers.
(d) Miss Albers.
6. Where do many of the workers live?
(c) Trailer parks.
(d) Camp houses.
7. The correct name for the creature in #99 is _____________________.
(a) horned lizard.
(b) praying mantis.
8. What does the teacher allow the students to do during the day?
(a) Get drinks at the well.
(b) Move around a bit.
(c) Take little naps.
(d) Run around outside.
9. What does Janey find as she waits for the teacher to arrive?
(a) A snake.
(b) A caterpillar.
(c) A bunny.
(d) A horned toad.
10. Who is the doctor who Mrs. Romero recommends to Mrs. Larkin?
(a) Dr. Campbell.
(b) Dr. Shreve.
(c) Dr. Pierce.
(d) Dr. Gorsky.
11. What does Janey ask Miss Peterson at the close of Camp School?
(a) If Janey will ever see her again.
(b) If Janey can take some books.
(c) If Miss Peterson can come for supper.
(d) If she can write letters to Miss Peterson.
12. Who brings gifts and fruit to the Larkins' home?
(a) Mr. Anderson.
(b) Mr. Romero.
(c) Miss Peterson.
13. Why does Dad stay home from work in Chapter 8?
(a) To take care of Mrs. Larkin.
(b) Because he has the flu.
(c) Because it is a holiday.
(d) To put new tires on the car.
14. What does the doctor promise as he leaves the Larkin house?
(a) To get Mrs. Larkin into the hospital.
(b) To recommend some physical therapy.
(c) To bring back a breathing tent.
(d) To return soon.
15. What disease does the doctor say Mrs. Larkin has?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Bounce hoped to trade the willow plate back to the Larkins for?
2. Where do the students dance around the maypole?
3. What does Mr. Anderson arrange for the Larkins?
4. What is Mr. Larkin's record for picking cotton in a single day?
5. Why does Dr. Pierce not take any money from Dad?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)