|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janey ask Miss Peterson at the close of Camp School?
(a) If Miss Peterson can come for supper.
(b) If Janey can take some books.
(c) If Janey will ever see her again.
(d) If she can write letters to Miss Peterson.
2. Who used to live in the house the Larkins are moving into?
3. What does the Larkin family have all they want of on the farm?
(d) Milk and eggs.
4. What day of the week is it in Chapter 6?
5. What does the end of the harvest represent to Janey?
(a) It will be getting colder.
(b) She will miss Lupe's birthday.
(c) It will be Christmas before long.
(d) The Camp School has to close.
6. How will Janey gauge the teacher's personality?
(a) By how she gives them extra recess.
(b) By how she greets Janey.
(c) By what she calls the horny toad.
(d) By how she doesn't send notes to her parents.
7. What is Mr. Larkin's record for picking cotton in a single day?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 610 pounds.
(c) 15 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
8. What shoes does Janey wear to take her walk?
(b) No shoes.
(c) Patent leather shoes.
(d) Canvas sneakers.
9. Why does Janey want her father to take the job of trimming the trees?
(a) They need the money.
(b) They need wood for the cook stove.
(c) He likes to work outside.
(d) They can stay longer.
10. What does Lupe say she would buy if she had a lot of money?
(a) A fancy car.
(b) A fancy dress.
(c) A new bicycle.
(d) A big house.
11. Why does Mrs. Larkin not want to go to a hospital?
(a) She is afraid of hospitals.
(b) She doesn't want to scare Janey.
(c) They are leaving tomorrow.
(d) They don't have money to pay for it.
12. Where does Janey go when she does not go to school?
(a) The town.
(b) The woods.
(c) The river.
(d) The meadow.
13. Who is the doctor who Mrs. Romero recommends to Mrs. Larkin?
(a) Dr. Gorsky.
(b) Dr. Pierce.
(c) Dr. Campbell.
(d) Dr. Shreve.
14. On what festival day do the students dance around a maypole at school?
(a) May Day.
(b) St. Ingrid Day.
(c) Santa Lucia Day.
15. Who watches over Mrs. Larkin as Janey heads to town to find the doctor?
(a) Mrs. Romero.
(b) Mrs. Gomez.
(c) Mrs. Ramirez.
(d) Mrs. Sanchez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Janey select from the traveling library?
2. What is a swamper?
3. Janey notices that Lupe is frightened by _________________ at the contest.
4. What is Bounce Reyburn carrying when Janey sees him approach?
5. What do the Larkins buy with Mr. Larkin's prize money?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)