|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Larkin says that ________________ is/are as necessary today as it/they was/were in the time of King Arthur.
2. Why is Janey early arriving to school?
(a) She has to go when her father goes to work.
(b) She lives the closest.
(c) She wants to meet the teacher before class.
(d) She is excited on the first day.
3. How long does Dr. Pierce say that Mom needs to stay in bed to recover?
(a) A month.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A couple months.
(d) A few more days.
4. What book does Janey select from the traveling library?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) Robinson Crusoe.
(d) The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
5. Why does Dad stay home from work in Chapter 8?
(a) To take care of Mrs. Larkin.
(b) To put new tires on the car.
(c) Because it is a holiday.
(d) Because he has the flu.
6. What does the end of the harvest represent to Janey?
(a) It will be getting colder.
(b) It will be Christmas before long.
(c) The Camp School has to close.
(d) She will miss Lupe's birthday.
7. To whom does the doctor give care instructions for Mrs. Larkin?
(a) Janey and Miss Peterson.
(b) Janey and Mrs. Romero.
(c) Janey and Mr. Romero.
(d) Janey and Mr. Larkin.
8. What does Bounce take as payment for rent?
(c) The willow plate.
9. Why does Janey want her father to take the job of trimming the trees?
(a) They need the money.
(b) He likes to work outside.
(c) They can stay longer.
(d) They need wood for the cook stove.
10. Mr. Romero tells Mr. Larkin that a man has some _________________ trees that need to be trimmed.
11. Why does Mrs. Larkin not want to go to a hospital?
(a) She is afraid of hospitals.
(b) They are leaving tomorrow.
(c) She doesn't want to scare Janey.
(d) They don't have money to pay for it.
12. What does the doctor take in form of payment for his services?
(d) The willow plate.
13. Who will be a swamper for Mr. Larkin today?
(a) Jose Ramirez.
(b) John Shannon.
(c) Mr. Romero.
(d) Mrs. Larkin.
14. Who used to live in the house the Larkins are moving into?
15. What had Bounce hoped to trade the willow plate back to the Larkins for?
(b) The rent receipts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Larkins up so early at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What shoes does Janey wear to take her walk?
3. Janey thinks the doctor seems ______________.
4. What does Janey plan to trade for the doctor's services?
5. What does Janey find as she waits for the teacher to arrive?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)