|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shoes does Janey wear to take her walk?
(b) No shoes.
(c) Canvas sneakers.
(d) Patent leather shoes.
2. What does Janey ask Miss Peterson at the close of Camp School?
(a) If Miss Peterson can come for supper.
(b) If she can write letters to Miss Peterson.
(c) If Janey will ever see her again.
(d) If Janey can take some books.
3. Janey is so happy that she feels as if she owns everything in sight and that _____________________.
(a) she loves everyone.
(b) this is the best time of her life.
(c) it will never change.
(d) nothing else matters.
4. What does the sign inside the doctor's office say?
(a) No smoking.
(b) Turn off cell phones please.
(c) Patients will be seen in order of their arrival.
(d) Please be seated.
5. Where does Janey wish she could go in Chapter 5?
(a) Regular School.
(c) The beach.
(d) The circus.
6. Why does Dr. Pierce not take any money from Dad?
(a) Because the money will be needed for medicine.
(b) Because he takes charity cases.
(c) Because he gets paid by the hospital.
(d) Because Mrs. Larkin is not going to recover.
7. Who used to live in the house the Larkins are moving into?
8. What does Lupe say she would buy if she had a lot of money?
(a) A new bicycle.
(b) A fancy dress.
(c) A big house.
(d) A fancy car.
9. What does Bounce take as payment for rent?
(c) The willow plate.
10. Where does Janey accompany Mr. and Mrs. Anderson?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the Larkin house.
(c) To the fair.
(d) To the library.
11. Mr. Romero tells Mr. Larkin that a man has some _________________ trees that need to be trimmed.
12. What does Mr. Larkin bring home this night?
13. How will Janey gauge the teacher's personality?
(a) By what she calls the horny toad.
(b) By how she gives them extra recess.
(c) By how she greets Janey.
(d) By how she doesn't send notes to her parents.
14. Who will be a swamper for Mr. Larkin today?
(a) Mrs. Larkin.
(b) John Shannon.
(c) Jose Ramirez.
(d) Mr. Romero.
15. Who is the doctor who Mrs. Romero recommends to Mrs. Larkin?
(a) Dr. Gorsky.
(b) Dr. Shreve.
(c) Dr. Pierce.
(d) Dr. Campbell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Dr. Pierce say that Mom needs to stay in bed to recover?
2. What has Bounce done with the rent money?
3. What place does Mr. Larkin finish in in the contest?
4. Why does Janey go to the Anderson farm one more time before the family leaves again?
5. Why are the houses and the school crammed so close together?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)