|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lupe says that her baby sister is ________________.
(d) a cry baby.
2. What will Janey's father do on the trip?
3. Where are the clean, wet clothes dried?
(a) On the fence.
(b) At a laundromat.
(c) In a dryer.
(d) On a clothesline.
4. What does the person in #83 think Janey wants to do at the farm?
(a) Pick vegetables.
(b) Steal eggs.
(c) Milk cows.
(d) Ride the horses.
5. Janey seldom has the chance to ________________.
(a) ride a bike.
(d) take a bath.
6. Janey has to stop herself from taking ________________ that looks so enticing.
(d) ice cream.
7. Why is Mom worried about Janey?
(a) Janey has a limp.
(b) Janey isn't growing.
(c) Janey has asthma.
(d) Janey stutters.
8. Children who are in the area while their families work the harvest attend a ______________ school.
9. What is Janey's last name?
10. Who is the woman who now takes care of Janey?
11. What is notable about Janey's biological mother?
(a) She has a new family.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is an actress.
12. How old is Janey at the beginning of the book?
13. What does Lupe say is always in the same place at the fair?
(a) The horse races.
(b) The candy apple stand.
(c) The Ferris Wheel.
(d) The snow cone stand.
14. Who says "Rivers of water in a dry place" to describe the riverbank?
(d) Mr. Romero.
15. Who appears at the Larkins' shack at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Charlie Bowdoin.
(b) Bounce Reyburn.
(c) Skip Masterson.
(d) Sammie Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Janey notices that her Mom ______________ a lot.
2. Why is Janey happy that her father pays the rent for the shack?
3. Why does the family decide to walk to their outing?
4. What is Lupe's last name?
5. What is Mom's name?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)