|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Janey's family lived in the shack at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) One year.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One day.
2. What does Janey use for a bed?
(a) The back seat cushion from the car.
(b) A sleeping bag.
(c) A dresser drawer.
(d) A quilt.
3. Who owns the ranch and the shack where the Larkins live?
(a) Mr. Puckett.
(b) Mr. Kerrigan.
(c) Mr. Anderson.
(d) Mr. Smith.
4. What does Janey actually buy with her nickel?
(a) Root beer.
5. What does Bounce warn Mr. Larkin not to do?
(a) Complain to Mr. Anderson about the rent.
(b) Look for another place to live.
(c) Fish at the pond.
(d) Drive too fast on the ranch.
6. What will Janey's father do on the trip?
7. Janey is aware that no one has approached them to either move out of the shack or ___________________.
(a) paint it.
(b) landscape it.
(c) put on a new roof.
(d) to pay rent.
8. How much rent do the Larkins pay for their shack for a month?
(a) Twenty-five dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Three dollars.
9. What are Janey and her family doing as the story begins?
(a) Having supper.
(b) Celebrating Janey's birthday.
(c) Settling into a new house.
(d) Playing at the beach.
10. Janey notices that her Mom ______________ a lot.
11. What does Bounce sign after Dad writes it?
(a) A receipt.
(b) A letter.
(c) A contract.
(d) A telegram.
12. Where are the clean, wet clothes dried?
(a) On the fence.
(b) In a dryer.
(c) On a clothesline.
(d) At a laundromat.
13. How old is Janey at the beginning of the book?
14. What does Janey ask her father on the outing?
(a) If she can get a new bike.
(b) If she can get a new dress.
(c) If she can go to the regular school someday.
(d) How long they will be at the Anderson ranch.
15. How long has Lupe's family lived in their house?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A year.
(c) A couple of months.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Janey happy that her father pays the rent for the shack?
2. What do Janey and her parents do before returning home from their outing?
3. How many siblings does Lupe have?
4. How much does Janey's father earn per hour?
5. What kind of shoes does Janey wear to the destination in #34?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)