|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the head of the family living near Janey's family?
(a) Hugo Schmidt.
(b) Manuel Romero.
(c) Patrick Shannon.
(d) Seth Rogers.
2. Who is Lupe's baby sister?
3. Why is Janey happy that her father pays the rent for the shack?
(a) It means they can paint the walls.
(b) It means they can plant flowers.
(c) It means she can get a real bed.
(d) It means that they can stay awhile.
4. What is Mom's name?
5. What does Janey actually buy with her nickel?
(d) Root beer.
6. What does Janey say is better than brothers and sisters?
(a) A new bicycle.
(b) Her blue willow plate.
(c) Peace and quiet.
(d) Having her own room.
7. How does Janey feel when Mom gives her the nickel to go to the fair?
8. What will Janey's father do on the trip?
9. Who is the woman who now takes care of Janey?
10. How much does Janey's father earn per hour?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Twenty-five cents.
(d) Five dollars.
11. What does Janey's father insist that Janey do every day?
(b) Make her bed.
(c) Play outside.
12. How long has Lupe's family lived in their house?
(a) A year.
(b) Five years.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A couple of months.
13. What is Mr. Anderson's first name?
14. What does the person in #83 think Janey wants to do at the farm?
(a) Milk cows.
(b) Ride the horses.
(c) Pick vegetables.
(d) Steal eggs.
15. What booth particularly interests Janey at the fair?
(a) The square dance booth.
(b) The 4-H booth.
(c) The photography booth.
(d) The library booth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Janey's family move so much?
2. Which of the following images is NOT on the willow plate?
3. What has Janey always longed to do?
4. What does Janey ask her father on the outing?
5. Lupe says that her baby sister is ________________.
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)