|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lupe give to Janey because she thinks that Janey doesn't have any money?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A ride ticket.
2. Who says "Rivers of water in a dry place" to describe the riverbank?
(b) Mr. Romero.
3. Janey's family has little time for _______________.
4. Children who are in the area while their families work the harvest attend a ______________ school.
5. Where does Janey take a bath?
(a) A washtub.
(b) A bathtub.
(c) A pond.
(d) A shower.
6. Janey has to stop herself from taking ________________ that looks so enticing.
(b) ice cream.
7. Lupe says that her baby sister is ________________.
(d) a cry baby.
8. What does Janey's father require from Bounce?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) A contract.
(c) His word.
(d) A receipt.
9. Janey suggests that the family go ____________________ when Dad is off work.
(a) to a museum.
(b) to the fair.
(c) to town.
(d) to the river.
10. What does Janey want to buy with her nickel?
(a) Soft drink.
(b) Cotton candy.
(c) Hot dog.
(d) Ice cream.
11. What is Janey's father's first name?
12. What does Janey's father insist that Janey do every day?
(b) Play outside.
(d) Make her bed.
13. What will Janey's father do on the trip?
14. The family living nearby Janey's family is of what nationality?
15. Where does Lupe invite Janey to go?
(a) A museum.
(c) The fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mom give Janey to take with her?
2. What is notable about Janey's biological mother?
3. What does the person in #83 think Janey wants to do at the farm?
4. Who orders Janey to leave the farm?
5. What does Lupe ask Janey when they meet?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)