|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the clean, wet clothes dried?
(a) At a laundromat.
(b) On a clothesline.
(c) In a dryer.
(d) On the fence.
2. Janey has to stop herself from taking ________________ that looks so enticing.
(b) ice cream.
3. What is Bounce's job?
(b) Truck driver.
4. Who is Lupe's baby sister?
5. What is the only book Janey's family has?
(a) Of Mice and Men.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Gone With the Wind.
(d) A Christmas Carol.
6. What does Janey use for a bed?
(a) A dresser drawer.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A sleeping bag.
(d) The back seat cushion from the car.
7. Where does Janey take a bath?
(a) A bathtub.
(b) A shower.
(c) A washtub.
(d) A pond.
8. What ride does Janey ride at the fair?
(a) The Ferris Wheel.
(b) The Tilt-a-Whirl.
(c) The merry-go-round.
(d) The bumper cars.
9. The family living nearby Janey's family is of what nationality?
10. What is Lupe's last name?
11. What does Lupe give to Janey because she thinks that Janey doesn't have any money?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A ride ticket.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A candy bar.
12. Who is the woman who now takes care of Janey?
13. What does Janey ask Lupe to do while looking at the plate?
(a) Be very careful not to drop it.
(b) Use her imagination.
(c) Not to pick it up.
(d) Wear gloves when touching it.
14. What is notable about Janey's biological mother?
(a) She is an actress.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She has a new family.
15. What color dress does Lupe wear to the fair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mom worried about Janey?
2. What does Janey say is better than brothers and sisters?
3. Who says "Rivers of water in a dry place" to describe the riverbank?
4. What story does Janey read about before going out to play?
5. Giving Janey a nickel to spend gives Janey a lesson in _____________________.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)