Chapters 1 and 2
1. How old is Janey at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Janey's last name?
3. What are Janey and her family doing as the story begins?
(a) Settling into a new house.
(b) Celebrating Janey's birthday.
(c) Having supper.
(d) Playing at the beach.
4. The family living nearby Janey's family is of what nationality?
5. Who is the head of the family living near Janey's family?
(a) Seth Rogers.
(b) Patrick Shannon.
(c) Hugo Schmidt.
(d) Manuel Romero.
6. Why does Janey's family move so much?
(a) Janey's mother needs medical treatment.
(b) Her father is in the army.
(c) Her father is a contractor.
(d) Her father has to find work.
7. Who is Lupe?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A neighbor girl.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A hair stylist.
8. Who is Lupe's baby sister?
9. Lupe says that her baby sister is ________________.
(b) a cry baby.
10. What does Lupe ask Janey when they meet?
(a) How old Janey is.
(b) Where Janey's family came from.
(c) How long Janey's family will be here.
(d) When Janey's birthday is.
This section contains 3,671 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)