|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doug reveal about Heather's arrest?
2. Sandy has Curt sign a paper. How does he feel about signing the paper?
3. What does Curt reveal about his mother?
4. Why would Sandy act the way that Doug says she acted at her party in Act 1, Scene 7?
5. What can we assume is Sandy's real job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Beth jealous in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Why does Curt want to help Sandy find a new line of work?
3. How does Curt react to Doug's statements about Sandy in Act 1, Scene 7?
4. Why would Doug strip naked and just stand there waiting for Heather to come back?
5. Is Doug a hard worker? Use evidence from Act 1, Scene 7, to support your answer.
6. Does Doug have a right to arrest Heather? Support your answer with evidence.
7. Before the massage starts, Sandy has Curt sign a paper. Should Curt sign the paper, or is signing it foreshadowing bad things to come?
8. Is there evidence in the play to support Beth's feelings about Curt spending time with Sandy?
9. Does Doug have feelings for Heather beyond her prostitution services? Have examples from Act 1, Scene 7, support your answer.
10. Why does Curt feel the need to have Sandy over to his apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Doug and Curt are both police officers but do not perform their jobs in the same way. They are also friends throughout the play.
1. Compare and contrast Doug's work ethic and technique to Curt's work ethic and technique.
2. Evaluate Doug and Curt's friendship. Are they both good friends to each other? Who is the better friend?
3. Would you like to have either Doug or Curt as a friend? Have examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Curt and Sandy discuss how they feel like they are watching themselves while alone in the state park.
1. What do they mean be this statement? How can someone watch themselves?
2. What does this quality reveal about both characters? Use examples from the play to support.
3. Do any elements about Doug and Sandy suggest that they understand how to watch themselves? Have examples from the play to support.
Essay Topic 3
Prostitution is a key element in the play, and the sexual favors the women offer are frequently described.
1. Does the topic of prostitution make this play controversial? Why?
2. Are the Christian Coalition people right in protesting around the massage parlor in an effort to end prostitution in their community, or should they leave the women alone and allow them to earn a living?
3. Is prostitution something that is prevalent in society today?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)