|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to the people involved with the crimes at the massage parlor?
(a) A fine.
(b) A 10-year sentence.
(d) A warning.
2. What does Curt admit about the money he gave Sandy?
(a) The money is evidence, and he stole it.
(b) Curt had a friend print the money.
(c) Curt couldn't afford to give Sandy much money, but he wanted to impress her.
(d) Curt has more money than he lets people know.
3. How does Doug react to Curt's thoughts about jail?
(a) Doug is tired of dealing with Curt and wants him to go to jail.
(b) Doug agrees to take part of the blame so Curt won't be in as much trouble.
(c) Doug thinks Curt needs to pay attention to his life because he deserves the best in this world.
(d) Doug feels scared for Curt and promises to try and help him.
4. When does Sandy go to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) After Curt learns that he has been fired.
(b) After Sandy has been on a date with Doug.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) On Friday for their date.
5. What are Curt's thoughts about jail?
(a) Curt hates his life and wants to go to jail.
(b) Curt is scared to go to jail.
(c) Curt thinks he will get off with a warning and not have to go to jail.
(d) Curt doesn't think going to jail matters anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to talk to Curt in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. How did Sandy's apartment get in the state Curt finds it in during Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Curt think the title "Blue Serge" means?
4. How does Curt react to what Sandy does at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What do the police do at the massage parlor in Act 2, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sandy react when Beth arrives at Curt's apartment and finds her there? Have examples from Act 2, Scene 1, support your answer.
2. In Act 2, Scene 6, how does Doug encourage Curt?
3. Is there evidence in the play to support the idea that Curt's stealing may be related to his past?
4. How does Curt upset Sandy in Act 1, Scene 8? Is there evidence in the same scene that Curt's intentions weren't to hurt her?
5. Where does Sandy go to for help before returning to her apartment to find the padlocked door in Act 2, Scene 2? What happens when she gets there?
6. In Act 2, Scene 5, what are Curt's reasons for stealing the money for Sandy?
7. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does Curt tell Doug is the reason that makes it so easy for Curt and Beth to end a four-year relationship?
8. Sandy's mother has been married five times. Why was the death of one of those husbands so upsetting to her?
9. How does Curt react toward Sandy once he finds out where she has been in Act 2, Scene 2, and what has she been doing?
10. Is there evidence to support Curt holding Beth's middle-class upbringing against her in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)