|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can we assume has just happened based on the description in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Sandy has just slept with someone.
(b) Curt is badly hurt.
(c) Curt and Beth broke up.
(d) The raid was a success.
2. How does Curt handle Beth's reaction to Sandy being in the apartment?
(a) Curt is more concerned with Sandy's feelings.
(b) Curt calls Doug for advice.
(c) Curt pleads for forgiveness.
(d) Curt lets Sandy and Beth fight it out.
3. Why is Doug upset about the massage parlor raid?
(a) Doug wants Sandy to be safe.
(b) Doug feels like the police are arresting everyone.
(c) Doug doesn't want to mess up again.
(d) Doug wants Heather to be safe.
4. In Act 2, Scene 6, what does Curt reveal was his plan for the money he stole for Sandy?
(a) To buy drugs.
(b) To spend it on Sandy.
(c) To give it to Doug to secretly put back.
(d) To return it.
5. In Act 2, Scene 5, what does Curt want Sandy to do with what he gives her?
(a) Curt wants Sandy to turn herself in to the police.
(b) Curt wants Sandy to convince Beth that he still loves her.
(c) Curt wants Sandy to give him a massage.
(d) Curt wants Sandy to get out of town and call him to come meet her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Curt reveal to Doug and Heather about Sandy and Heather's apartment in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. In what setting does Act 2 begin?
3. Why doesn't Sandy meet Curt for their Friday night date?
4. What does Curt think the title "Blue Serge" means?
5. Who comes to talk to Curt in Act 2, Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence from Act 2, Scene 2, supports the fact that Doug seems interested in Heather as more than just a prostitute?
2. In Act 2, Scene 5, what is Curt trying to do by showing up to warn Sandy and give her money?
3. In Act 2, Scene 6, how does Doug encourage Curt?
4. Does Curt have any real reason to feel like Beth keeps him around so she can feel good about herself? Use evidence from the play to support your answer.
5. Where does Sandy go to for help before returning to her apartment to find the padlocked door in Act 2, Scene 2? What happens when she gets there?
6. In Act 2, Scene 6, when does Curt realize he has made a terrible mistake?
7. Is there evidence to support Curt holding Beth's middle-class upbringing against her in Act 2, Scene 3?
8. In Act 2, Scene 4, Doug is very upset about the possibility of people being arrested during the raid at he massage parlor. What are the reasons for his feelings?
9. Is there evidence in Act 2,Scene 1, to justify Beth being upset that Sandy is wearing Curt's clothes and has obviously been sleeping at the apartment?
10. How does Curt react toward Sandy once he finds out where she has been in Act 2, Scene 2, and what has she been doing?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)