|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Curt say in Act 1, Scene 8, that Sandy interprets as the meanest thing anyone has ever said to her?
(a) "I hate you for what you did with Doug."
(b) "I hope you rot in hell."
(c) "I hope you spend eternity in jail."
(d) "I shouldn't have expected so much from you."
2. What is playing in the background at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The radio.
(b) An old movie.
(c) The TV set.
(d) A jazz song.
3. How does Sandy feel at the end of the Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Sandy is happy that Curt was worried about her.
(b) Sandy is frustrated with Heather.
(c) Sandy is furious at everyone and storms out of the bar.
(d) Sandy begs Curt to forgive her.
4. In Act 2, Scene 6, what does Curt reveal was his plan for the money he stole for Sandy?
(a) To give it to Doug to secretly put back.
(b) To return it.
(c) To buy drugs.
(d) To spend it on Sandy.
5. Why is Curt upset at Sandy in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Doug lied to Curt about his promotion.
(b) Beth and Sandy had a really bad fight over Curt.
(c) Sandy went back to the massage parlor after agreeing not to work there anymore.
(d) Beth broke up with Curt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Curt think he will be charged with in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. What is Doug's advice to Curt about helping Sandy?
3. Why is Curt helping Sandy in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. In Act 2, Scene 5, what does Curt hope will happen with his relationship with Sandy?
5. What does Sandy reveal to Curt about her graduation day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Curt feel about Sandy arriving at this apartment in the middle of the night?
2. Based on the description of the Act 2, Scene 1, setting, what can we assume about Curt and Sandy's sleeping arrangements?
3. In Act 2, Scene 4, Doug is very upset about the possibility of people being arrested during the raid at he massage parlor. What are the reasons for his feelings?
4. In Act 2, Scene 6, when does Curt realize he has made a terrible mistake?
5. How does Curt react toward Sandy once he finds out where she has been in Act 2, Scene 2, and what has she been doing?
6. In Act 2, Scene 5, what are Curt's reasons for stealing the money for Sandy?
7. What does Beth tell Curt in Act 2, Scene 3, that he needs to do regarding his childhood? Is there any evidence from the play to support her suggestion?
8. Is there evidence in Act 2,Scene 1, to justify Beth being upset that Sandy is wearing Curt's clothes and has obviously been sleeping at the apartment?
9. What about Sandy's personality makes her horrified at Curt stealing the money? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
10. How does Curt upset Sandy in Act 1, Scene 8? Is there evidence in the same scene that Curt's intentions weren't to hurt her?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)