|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Sandy go to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) After Sandy has been on a date with Doug.
(b) On Friday for their date.
(c) After Curt learns that he has been fired.
(d) In the middle of the night.
2. Why does Curt think Beth keeps dating him?
(a) Because Beth doesn't want him to be with Sandy.
(b) Because Beth loves him.
(c) Because they have been together too long to break up.
(d) So Beth can feel good about herself by looking down at him.
3. What has Curt been doing all day in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Working at the police station.
(b) Helping Doug and Heather move in together.
(c) Driving around town looking for Sandy.
(d) Convincing Beth to not break up with him.
4. Why is Doug upset about the massage parlor raid?
(a) Doug wants Heather to be safe.
(b) Doug feels like the police are arresting everyone.
(c) Doug doesn't want to mess up again.
(d) Doug wants Sandy to be safe.
5. What does Curt say in Act 1, Scene 8, that Sandy interprets as the meanest thing anyone has ever said to her?
(a) "I shouldn't have expected so much from you."
(b) "I hope you rot in hell."
(c) "I hate you for what you did with Doug."
(d) "I hope you spend eternity in jail."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, what does Curt want Sandy to do with what he gives her?
2. What is the source of Doug being upset in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What does Sandy reveal to Curt about her graduation day?
4. Why is Doug looking for Curt in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 5, what are Curt's reasons for stealing the money for Sandy?
2. Is there evidence in Act 2,Scene 1, to justify Beth being upset that Sandy is wearing Curt's clothes and has obviously been sleeping at the apartment?
3. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does Curt tell Doug is the reason that makes it so easy for Curt and Beth to end a four-year relationship?
4. Where does Sandy go to for help before returning to her apartment to find the padlocked door in Act 2, Scene 2? What happens when she gets there?
5. How does Sandy react when Beth arrives at Curt's apartment and finds her there? Have examples from Act 2, Scene 1, support your answer.
6. At the end of Act 1, Scene 8, what made Sandy change her mind about letting Curt help her find a new job?
7. Does Curt have any real reason to feel like Beth keeps him around so she can feel good about herself? Use evidence from the play to support your answer.
8. In Act 2, Scene 6, how does Doug encourage Curt?
9. What does Beth tell Curt in Act 2, Scene 3, that he needs to do regarding his childhood? Is there any evidence from the play to support her suggestion?
10. How does Curt react to Beth's suggestion that he move past his childhood in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)