|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sandy notice about the money Curt gave to her?
(a) The money has a case number on it.
(b) The money is fake.
(c) There are thousands of dollars in the envelope.
(d) The money is a $100 bill wrapped around a bunch of $1 bills.
2. What kind of work does Sandy tell Curt she not be willing to do?
(a) Food service.
(b) Factory work.
(d) Prostitution again.
3. When does Sandy go to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) On Friday for their date.
(b) After Curt learns that he has been fired.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) After Sandy has been on a date with Doug.
4. How does Beth react to Curt's memories of his childhood?
(a) Beth thinks Curt should revisit his childhood home.
(b) Beth feels sorry for Curt and wants to comfort him.
(c) Beth thinks that Curt is feeling sorry for himself and needs to move past it.
(d) Beth is angry at Curt for living in the past.
5. What brought Sandy to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) The date Curt and Sandy planned.
(b) Curt's desperate call in the middle of the night.
(c) Guilt over Sandy's date with Doug.
(d) Heather has a lot of people at Sandy's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Sandy so inappropriate at the party at her apartment?
2. What does "Blue Serge" actually mean?
3. What is Doug looking for in his office in Act 2, Scene 4?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is Sandy's reason for being where she was all day?
5. What are Curt's feelings about why Beth agreed to marry him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Curt have any real reason to feel like Beth keeps him around so she can feel good about herself? Use evidence from the play to support your answer.
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 8, what made Sandy change her mind about letting Curt help her find a new job?
3. What evidence in the play supports Curt's decision to go after Sandy instead of staying at the apartment and talking with Beth?
4. What about Sandy's personality makes her horrified at Curt stealing the money? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
5. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Curt so upset about the raid?
6. Sandy's mother has been married five times. Why was the death of one of those husbands so upsetting to her?
7. Is there evidence in the play to support Doug's feeling that Heather might be faking her interest in him?
8. In Act 2, Scene 4, what does Curt tell Doug is the reason that makes it so easy for Curt and Beth to end a four-year relationship?
9. How have Doug and Curt switched roles? Support your answer with evidence from the play.
10. How does Curt feel about Sandy arriving at this apartment in the middle of the night?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)