|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Curt been doing for the last four years of his relationship with Beth?
(a) Trying not to quit the police force.
(b) Trying not to ruin everything.
(c) Trying not to go to the massage parlor.
(d) Trying not to leave in the middle of the night.
2. How does Curt respond to Sandy's reasoning in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Curt is relieved that Sandy is ok.
(b) Curt is furious and calls Sandy names.
(c) Curt calls Beth to tell her where he is.
(d) Curt heads out to arrest the landlord.
3. In what setting does Act 2 begin?
(a) The police station.
(b) Heather's apartment.
(c) The bar.
(d) Curt's apartment.
4. When does Act 2, Scene 1, take place?
(a) A year after Sandy came to Curt's apartment in the middle of the night.
(b) The morning after Sandy spent the night.
(c) The middle of that same night.
(d) Two days after Sandy was invited to spend the night.
5. How does Curt explain himself and the statement he makes about Sandy in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Curt means that he shouldn't have expected her to change her career.
(b) Curt means that he lovesd Sandy and is jealous of Doug.
(c) Curt is desperate to get Sandy out of the prostitution ring.
(d) Curt means exactly what he says and hates Sandy for going on a date with Doug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Doug looking for Curt in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What does Beth say about her feelings for Curt's career choice in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. How did Sandy's apartment get in the state Curt finds it in during Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why is Curt called in to the station in Act 2, Scene 4?
5. How does Curt react to Beth's feelings about his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Doug and Curt switched roles? Support your answer with evidence from the play.
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 8, what made Sandy change her mind about letting Curt help her find a new job?
3. Does Curt have any real reason to feel like Beth keeps him around so she can feel good about herself? Use evidence from the play to support your answer.
4. In Act 2, Scene 5, what are Curt's reasons for stealing the money for Sandy?
5. In Act 2, Scene 6, how does Doug encourage Curt?
6. How does Curt react to Beth's suggestion that he move past his childhood in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. Is there evidence in the play to support Doug's feeling that Heather might be faking her interest in him?
8. What does Beth tell Curt in Act 2, Scene 3, that he needs to do regarding his childhood? Is there any evidence from the play to support her suggestion?
9. Where does Sandy go to for help before returning to her apartment to find the padlocked door in Act 2, Scene 2? What happens when she gets there?
10. What evidence from Act 2, Scene 2, supports the fact that Doug seems interested in Heather as more than just a prostitute?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)