|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Curt been doing for the last four years of his relationship with Beth?
(a) Trying not to go to the massage parlor.
(b) Trying not to quit the police force.
(c) Trying not to ruin everything.
(d) Trying not to leave in the middle of the night.
2. How is Sandy supposed to fix the problem with the apartment?
(a) Pay the landlord $250.
(b) Clean the apartment and move out immediately.
(c) Pay the landlord $500.
(d) Be with the landlord at the massage parlor.
3. How does Sandy feel at the end of the Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Sandy is happy that Curt was worried about her.
(b) Sandy is furious at everyone and storms out of the bar.
(c) Sandy is frustrated with Heather.
(d) Sandy begs Curt to forgive her.
4. What are the police looking for at the massage parlor in Act 2, Scene 6?
(b) Financial records.
5. How does Doug react to Curt's thoughts about jail?
(a) Doug agrees to take part of the blame so Curt won't be in as much trouble.
(b) Doug feels scared for Curt and promises to try and help him.
(c) Doug thinks Curt needs to pay attention to his life because he deserves the best in this world.
(d) Doug is tired of dealing with Curt and wants him to go to jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical state is Sandy in when she comes to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
2. What does Curt think the title "Blue Serge" means?
3. What does Sandy ask of Curt at the end of Act 1, Scene 8?
4. How does Curt react to what Sandy does at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 5, take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is there evidence in the play to support Doug's feeling that Heather might be faking her interest in him?
2. How does Heather react to what has happened with Sandy's apartment?
3. Is there evidence in Act 2,Scene 1, to justify Beth being upset that Sandy is wearing Curt's clothes and has obviously been sleeping at the apartment?
4. How does Curt upset Sandy in Act 1, Scene 8? Is there evidence in the same scene that Curt's intentions weren't to hurt her?
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 8, what made Sandy change her mind about letting Curt help her find a new job?
6. How does Curt react to Beth's suggestion that he move past his childhood in Act 2, Scene 3?
7. In Act 2, Scene 4, why is Curt so upset about the raid?
8. In Act 2, Scene 6, how does Doug encourage Curt?
9. How does Curt feel about Sandy arriving at this apartment in the middle of the night?
10. In Act 2, Scene 5, what are Curt's reasons for stealing the money for Sandy?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)