|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sandy and Curt end their time together?
(a) Curt gives Sandy $30 and schedules another appointment.
(b) With awkward conversation about warming clothes before getting dressed.
(c) By discussing going out on a date, and Curt gets Sandy's phone number.
(d) Curt yells at Sandy because she wouldn't flirt back with him and storms out of the room.
2. Curt has asked Sandy to help him with something Beth won't do. What does Curt ask Sandy to do?
(a) Curt asks Sandy to rub his feet.
(b) Curt asks Sandy to quiz him on different types of leaves.
(c) Curt asks Sandy to do his laundry.
(d) Curt asks Sandy to watch a scary movie with him.
3. What is Curt hoping he does not lose as a result of the failed bust at the massage parlor?
(a) Curt doesn't want to lose his courage to bust another prostitution front.
(b) Curt doesn't want to lose Beth.
(c) Curt doesn't want to lose his chance for a date with Sandy.
(d) Curt doesn't want to lose his job promotion to lieutenant.
4. What is Sandy's job?
(a) A massage therapist.
(b) A midwife.
(c) A cop.
(d) A bartender.
5. What does Curt show Doug on the front page of the paper?
(a) Sandy has been murdered.
(b) Heather has been murdered.
(c) The massage parlor burned down.
(d) Riots at the massage parlor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doug offer to Sandy as she is being released from jail?
2. How does Sandy respond to Curt's news about his relationship with Beth?
3. Where does Sandy go in her head to relax?
4. Why is the massage parlor's location so important?
5. When does the story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Sandy gives Curt a special massage to try to ease his tension. What does Sandy do during the special massage?
2. Based on Doug's conversation with Curt, will Doug go back to the massage parlor and pay for another form of sex with Heather?
3. Why isn't Sandy mad at Curt for trying to trap her into accepting payment for sex?
4. Are there reasons in the play that indicate that Heather should have been fired from her job?
5. How does Curt react to Doug's statements about Sandy in Act 1, Scene 7?
6. Why does Curt feel the need to have Sandy over to his apartment?
7. What makes Curt and Sandy's time together in Act 1, Scene 1, seem awkward?
8. Who is the more experienced officer, Doug or Curt? Why?
9. What does Sandy's relaxation place reveal about her?
10. Why is Beth so intent on Curt pursuing the promotion to lieutenant?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)