|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Curt upset with Doug after Heather and Sandy are released from jail?
(a) Doug's lack of questioning techniques got Curt fired.
(b) Doug's lack of questioning techniques made Curt look stupid.
(c) Doug's lack of questioning techniques ruined the drug bust.
(d) Doug's lack of questioning techniques ruined the prostitution bust.
2. What happened with Heather's job after she was arrested?
(a) Heather was promoted.
(b) Heather received a raise.
(c) Heather was fired.
(d) Heather found five new clients.
3. What information is Sandy waiting for at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) If Sandy's next client canceled an appointment.
(b) Whether or not Sandy got the job at the bar.
(c) The outcome of Sandy's arrest.
(d) If Curt will go on a date with Sandy.
4. How does Heather react after learning Curt's identity?
(a) Heather is livid and will not talk to Curt anymore.
(b) Heather thinks the whole thing is funny.
(c) Heather's feelings are hurt, and Curt apologizes.
(d) Heather wants to help other girls get out of prostitution.
5. What do Curt and Sandy almost do at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Plan another date.
Short Answer Questions
1. Curt has asked Sandy to help him with something Beth won't do. What does Curt ask Sandy to do?
2. Why would Sandy act the way that Doug says she acted at her party in Act 1, Scene 7?
3. How does Curt feel about what happens with his job in Act 1, Scene 7?
4. What can we assume is Sandy's real job?
5. Heather talks with Curt about what happened with her job. How does she find out who he is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Doug have a right to arrest Heather? Support your answer with evidence.
2. Why is Sandy arrested?
3. Why did Sandy leave her mother's home at such a young age?
4. Why is Beth so intent on Curt pursuing the promotion to lieutenant?
5. Are Heather's clothes typical of a massage therapist?
6. Why would Heather offer more than just a massage to Doug?
7. What makes Curt and Sandy's time together in Act 1, Scene 1, seem awkward?
8. Is their evidence in Act 1, Scene 6, to support the fact that Sandy and Curt are attracted to each other as more than just friends?
9. What does Curt's love of nature and birds reveal about him?
10. Based on what you have read so far through Act 1, Scene 4, predict if Curt and Beth's relationship will last. .
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)