|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does a massage cost?
2. What happens with Curt's job in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Curt quits so he can be with Sandy.
(b) Curt is promoted to lieutenant.
(c) The captain takes Curt off the massage parlor case.
(d) The captain fires Curt.
3. What does Beth wonder about the bust at the massage parlor?
(a) Whether Doug and Curt were actually going to go through with having sex with a prostitute.
(b) If Curt was attracted to his prostitute.
(c) If Doug really bungled the bust.
(d) If Doug had sex with Heather.
4. Sandy has Curt sign a paper. How does he feel about signing the paper?
(a) Refuses to sign.
5. What is Doug's role in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Doug is the bartender.
(b) Doug is the store clerk.
(c) Doug is booking Heather into jail.
(d) Doug is there to receive a massage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Beth's thoughts about prostitution?
2. What happened with Heather's job after she was arrested?
3. Where has Curt been when Act 1, Scene 7 begins?
4. What does Doug hope $200 will buy him?
5. What does Doug reveal about his social life to Curt in Act 1, Scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Doug a hard worker? Use evidence from Act 1, Scene 7, to support your answer.
2. Is their evidence in Act 1, Scene 6, to support the fact that Sandy and Curt are attracted to each other as more than just friends?
3. Based on what you have read so far through Act 1, Scene 4, predict if Curt and Beth's relationship will last. .
4. What makes Curt and Sandy's time together in Act 1, Scene 1, seem awkward?
5. Why is Beth so intent on Curt pursuing the promotion to lieutenant?
6. Why is Beth jealous in Act 1, Scene 4?
7. Based on Doug's conversation with Curt, will Doug go back to the massage parlor and pay for another form of sex with Heather?
8. How does Curt react to Doug's statements about Sandy in Act 1, Scene 7?
9. Why did Sandy leave her mother's home at such a young age?
10. Based on Curt's actions toward Doug in Act 1, Scene 7, does it appear that Curt has feelings for Sandy?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)