|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sandy has Curt sign a paper. How does he feel about signing the paper?
(c) Refuses to sign.
2. How does Curt respond to Sandy's offer to him at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Quickly asks Sandy to come over next Friday.
(b) Offers to help Sandy find another job.
(c) Leads Sandy to the bedroom.
(d) Curt says he can't because he's marrying Beth.
3. What does Beth encourage Curt to do about his career?
(a) Promote Doug.
(b) Fire Doug.
(c) Talk to the captain about the job promotion.
(d) Go on a date with Sandy.
4. What does Sandy offer to do if Curt asks her at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Leave the massage parlor.
(b) Give Curt a free massage.
(c) Quiz Curt on his leaves.
(d) Go on a date with Curt.
5. What does Doug show Heather that implies he is not there for a massage?
(a) A new computer.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A badge.
(d) A drycleaning ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Doug turn out to be?
2. Why does Curt send Doug home after Heather and Sandy are released from jail?
3. Why is Curt upset with Doug after Heather and Sandy are released from jail?
4. Where does Sandy go in her head to relax?
5. Why does Curt feel like the failed bust was his fault?
Short Essay Questions
1. Sandy gives Curt a special massage to try to ease his tension. What does Sandy do during the special massage?
2. How does Curt react to Doug's statements about Sandy in Act 1, Scene 7?
3. Does Doug have a right to arrest Heather? Support your answer with evidence.
4. Why is Beth jealous in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What does Sandy's relaxation place reveal about her?
6. Why would Heather offer more than just a massage to Doug?
7. Curt and Sandy talk about their lives a little bit. Does Curt seem to like his job? Why?
8. Why would Doug strip naked and just stand there waiting for Heather to come back?
9. Based on what you have read so far through Act 1, Scene 4, predict if Curt and Beth's relationship will last. .
10. What makes Curt and Sandy's time together in Act 1, Scene 1, seem awkward?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)