|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
(a) The massage parlor.
(b) Curt's apartment.
(c) The police station.
(d) The bar.
2. What kind of work does Sandy tell Curt she not be willing to do?
(a) Factory work.
(b) Food service.
(c) Prostitution again.
3. Why does the piece that was broken at the party upset Sandy so much?
(a) Because Sandy's stepdad had just died.
(b) Because the one nice thing Sandy had was now ruined.
(c) Because now Sandy has no way to get to work.
(d) Because Doug broke her wrist.
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, what was the reasoning behind what Sandy did all day?
(a) Sandy didn't have a coat and couldn't get into her apartment and didn't know what else to do.
(b) Sandy was scheduled to work that day.
(c) Sandy was aftraid to call her mother for help.
(d) Sandy was afraid to call Curt for help.
5. What does Curt think he will be charged with in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Obstruction of justice.
(b) Possession of drugs.
6. What does Curt say in Act 1, Scene 8, that Sandy interprets as the meanest thing anyone has ever said to her?
(a) "I shouldn't have expected so much from you."
(b) "I hate you for what you did with Doug."
(c) "I hope you spend eternity in jail."
(d) "I hope you rot in hell."
7. Who comes to talk to Curt in Act 2, Scene 6?
(c) The lieutenant.
8. What can we assume has just happened based on the description in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) The raid was a success.
(b) Curt and Beth broke up.
(c) Curt is badly hurt.
(d) Sandy has just slept with someone.
9. Why couldn't Curt find Sandy in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Sandy was at Doug's apartment.
(b) Sandy was at Beth's apartment.
(c) Sandy was at the massage parlor.
(d) Sandy was at her mother's house.
10. What does Sandy want from Heather in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) The $500 Sandy had to give the landlord.
(c) All Heather's stuff out of the apartment.
(d) A free drink.
11. Why is Curt called in to the station in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Doug needs help finding his handcuffs.
(b) Curt has information about the massage parlor.
(c) Curt is needed for backup for the raid.
(d) Curt needs to warn Sandy.
12. When does Act 2, Scene 1, take place?
(a) The morning after Sandy spent the night.
(b) Two days after Sandy was invited to spend the night.
(c) The middle of that same night.
(d) A year after Sandy came to Curt's apartment in the middle of the night.
13. What is Doug looking for in his office in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A gun.
(c) The warrant.
(d) A flashlight.
14. In Act 2, Scene 6, Curt knows he is in trouble. What is his plan?
(a) Curt plans to get Doug to take the blame.
(b) Curt plans to turn himself in and get a reduced sentence.
(c) Curt plans to go to trial and plead no contest.
(d) Curt plans to run with the money.
15. What is the source of Doug being upset in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Doug's brother was arrested for drug possession again.
(b) Heather broke up with Doug.
(c) Doug lost his job.
(d) Heather is mad that the police are raiding the parlor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Curt feel that Beth is rich even though he admits that she is poor?
2. Why does Doug believe that the police force is raiding the massage parlor in Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What interrupts the conversation between Curt and Sandy in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What does Curt reveal to Doug and Heather about Sandy and Heather's apartment in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is Doug's advice to Curt about his life?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)