|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Sandy so inappropriate at the party at her apartment?
(a) Because Sandy was trying to not get arrested again.
(b) Because Sandy was mad at Curt.
(c) Because Sandy was trying to get even with Heather.
(d) Because Sandy got drunk after hearing that her stepdad died.
2. What does Sandy give Curt to hold for her in Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) The leaf that Sandy took from Curt's collection.
(d) A coat.
3. What are Curt's feelings about why Beth agreed to marry him?
(a) Beth loves Curt.
(b) Beth is looking for a way to shock her friends.
(c) Beth wanted out of her parents' house.
(d) Beth is afraid she won't find anyone else.
4. Who comes to talk to Curt in Act 2, Scene 6?
(d) The lieutenant.
5. How does Curt respond to the request Sandy makes at the end of Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Curt nods and asks Sandy to spend the night.
(b) Curt kisses Sandy.
(c) Curt goes and arrests all the people at Sandy's apartment, including Heather.
(d) Curt gets some of Beth's clothes for Sandy to wear.
6. What will happen to the people involved with the crimes at the massage parlor?
(b) A 10-year sentence.
(c) A warning.
(d) A fine.
7. Why is Doug upset about the massage parlor raid?
(a) Doug feels like the police are arresting everyone.
(b) Doug wants Sandy to be safe.
(c) Doug doesn't want to mess up again.
(d) Doug wants Heather to be safe.
8. What is playing in the background at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) A jazz song.
(b) The radio.
(c) The TV set.
(d) An old movie.
9. What happens with the prostitutes in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) They all escape before the police arrive at the massage parlor.
(b) They are released.
(c) They are jailed.
(d) They are tried for their crimes.
10. How does Beth react to Curt's memories of his childhood?
(a) Beth is angry at Curt for living in the past.
(b) Beth thinks Curt should revisit his childhood home.
(c) Beth feels sorry for Curt and wants to comfort him.
(d) Beth thinks that Curt is feeling sorry for himself and needs to move past it.
11. Why does Beth come to Curt's apartment in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Beth is going to look for Sandy's address so she can go talk to her.
(b) Beth is going to break up with Curt.
(c) Beth is going to get all of her stuff before Curt comes home.
(d) Beth is going to wait for Curt to come home so they can talk.
12. In Act 2, Scene 6, what does Curt reveal was his plan for the money he stole for Sandy?
(a) To buy drugs.
(b) To give it to Doug to secretly put back.
(c) To spend it on Sandy.
(d) To return it.
13. What has Curt been doing for the last four years of his relationship with Beth?
(a) Trying not to go to the massage parlor.
(b) Trying not to quit the police force.
(c) Trying not to ruin everything.
(d) Trying not to leave in the middle of the night.
14. Why could Curt never have anyone over to his house when he was little?
(a) Curt's mother yelled at his friends.
(b) Curt didn't have any friends.
(c) Curt's mother threatened his friends.
(d) Curt's mother never put her dogs outside, and it stunk.
15. What has Curt been doing all day in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Working at the police station.
(b) Helping Doug and Heather move in together.
(c) Driving around town looking for Sandy.
(d) Convincing Beth to not break up with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Curt reveal to Doug about Beth in Act 2, Scene 4?
2. What is Doug's advice to Curt about helping Sandy?
3. When does Sandy go to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
4. How does Curt react to what Sandy does at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 4 take place?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)