|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Curt upset at Sandy in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Beth broke up with Curt.
(b) Doug lied to Curt about his promotion.
(c) Sandy went back to the massage parlor after agreeing not to work there anymore.
(d) Beth and Sandy had a really bad fight over Curt.
2. Why does Curt think Beth keeps dating him?
(a) So Beth can feel good about herself by looking down at him.
(b) Because Beth doesn't want him to be with Sandy.
(c) Because Beth loves him.
(d) Because they have been together too long to break up.
3. In Act 2, Scene 5, what does Curt want Sandy to do with what he gives her?
(a) Curt wants Sandy to turn herself in to the police.
(b) Curt wants Sandy to get out of town and call him to come meet her.
(c) Curt wants Sandy to give him a massage.
(d) Curt wants Sandy to convince Beth that he still loves her.
4. What does Curt admit about the money he gave Sandy?
(a) Curt had a friend print the money.
(b) The money is evidence, and he stole it.
(c) Curt couldn't afford to give Sandy much money, but he wanted to impress her.
(d) Curt has more money than he lets people know.
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, what is Sandy's reason for being where she was all day?
(a) Sandy needed to earn money to pay the landlord.
(b) Sandy needed to gather her things.
(c) Sandy wanted to talk about what happened between Sandy and Curt.
(d) Sandy's boss threatened to kill her if she didn't come back.
6. How does Sandy feel at the end of the Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Sandy begs Curt to forgive her.
(b) Sandy is frustrated with Heather.
(c) Sandy is happy that Curt was worried about her.
(d) Sandy is furious at everyone and storms out of the bar.
7. How does Curt explain himself and the statement he makes about Sandy in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Curt means that he lovesd Sandy and is jealous of Doug.
(b) Curt means that he shouldn't have expected her to change her career.
(c) Curt means exactly what he says and hates Sandy for going on a date with Doug.
(d) Curt is desperate to get Sandy out of the prostitution ring.
8. What physical state is Sandy in when she comes to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Sandy is in lingerie because she just finished working.
(b) Sandy is still intoxicated.
(c) Sandy isn't wearing a coat or shoes and is crying.
(d) Sandy is dressed up and looks nice.
9. What does Sandy want from Heather in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A free drink.
(b) All Heather's stuff out of the apartment.
(c) The $500 Sandy had to give the landlord.
(d) A place to stay.
10. Why does the piece that was broken at the party upset Sandy so much?
(a) Because now Sandy has no way to get to work.
(b) Because Sandy's stepdad had just died.
(c) Because Doug broke her wrist.
(d) Because the one nice thing Sandy had was now ruined.
11. What brought Sandy to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) The date Curt and Sandy planned.
(b) Heather has a lot of people at Sandy's apartment.
(c) Guilt over Sandy's date with Doug.
(d) Curt's desperate call in the middle of the night.
12. In Act 2, Scene 2, why didn't Curt look for Sandy at the massage parlor?
(a) Because Beth had asked Curt to not go back to the massage parlor.
(b) Because Doug said he looked for Sandy at the massage parlor.
(c) Because it wasn't Sandy's day to work at the massage parlor.
(d) Because Curt didn't think Sandy would go back there.
13. When does Act 2, Scene 1, take place?
(a) A year after Sandy came to Curt's apartment in the middle of the night.
(b) The middle of that same night.
(c) Two days after Sandy was invited to spend the night.
(d) The morning after Sandy spent the night.
14. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Curt say is the reason he likes being with Sandy?
(a) Because Curt can talk to Sandy and feels comfortable with her.
(b) So that Curt can feel good about taking care of someone.
(c) Because Sandy will do things Beth will not do.
(d) Because Sandy is gorgeous.
15. What does Curt give Sandy in Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) More condoms.
(c) One of his leaves.
(d) A lecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Sandy supposed to fix the problem with the apartment?
2. What are Curt's feelings about why Beth agreed to marry him?
3. What does Curt think the title "Blue Serge" means?
4. How does Curt respond to the request Sandy makes at the end of Act 1, Scene 8?
5. How does Sandy respond to the interaction between Curt and Beth regarding Sandy being at the apartment?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)