|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Doug believe that the police force is raiding the massage parlor in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Sandy is willing to testify, so there is enough evidence to shut the massage parlor down.
(b) There have been too many complaints about the massage parlor.
(c) The police are looking for drugs there.
(d) Prostitution is illegal and must be stopped.
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, what was the reasoning behind what Sandy did all day?
(a) Sandy didn't have a coat and couldn't get into her apartment and didn't know what else to do.
(b) Sandy was scheduled to work that day.
(c) Sandy was afraid to call Curt for help.
(d) Sandy was aftraid to call her mother for help.
3. What does Curt reveal to Doug about Beth in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Beth left Curt, and he is devastated.
(b) Curt and Beth are going to try and make their relationship work.
(c) Beth doesn't like Curt, and he doesn't like her.
(d) Curt left Beth, and she is devastated.
4. What does Curt say in Act 1, Scene 8, that Sandy interprets as the meanest thing anyone has ever said to her?
(a) "I hope you spend eternity in jail."
(b) "I hate you for what you did with Doug."
(c) "I shouldn't have expected so much from you."
(d) "I hope you rot in hell."
5. When does Sandy go to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) After Sandy has been on a date with Doug.
(b) On Friday for their date.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) After Curt learns that he has been fired.
6. How did Sandy's apartment get in the state Curt finds it in during Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Curt was mad at Sandy and trashed the apartment in anger.
(b) Heather and Doug were drunk and passed out with the door open.
(c) Heather left the door unlocked.
(d) Doug and Heather left all the people partying in the apartment.
7. In Act 2, Scene 6, what does Curt reveal was his plan for the money he stole for Sandy?
(a) To return it.
(b) To give it to Doug to secretly put back.
(c) To buy drugs.
(d) To spend it on Sandy.
8. Why couldn't Curt find Sandy in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Sandy was at her mother's house.
(b) Sandy was at Beth's apartment.
(c) Sandy was at the massage parlor.
(d) Sandy was at Doug's apartment.
9. Why does Beth come to Curt's apartment in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Beth is going to wait for Curt to come home so they can talk.
(b) Beth is going to look for Sandy's address so she can go talk to her.
(c) Beth is going to break up with Curt.
(d) Beth is going to get all of her stuff before Curt comes home.
10. What does Sandy give Curt to hold for her in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) A coat.
(b) The leaf that Sandy took from Curt's collection.
11. When does Act 2, Scene 1, take place?
(a) The middle of that same night.
(b) The morning after Sandy spent the night.
(c) A year after Sandy came to Curt's apartment in the middle of the night.
(d) Two days after Sandy was invited to spend the night.
12. What does Curt admit about the money he gave Sandy?
(a) Curt couldn't afford to give Sandy much money, but he wanted to impress her.
(b) The money is evidence, and he stole it.
(c) Curt had a friend print the money.
(d) Curt has more money than he lets people know.
13. What are Curt's thoughts about jail?
(a) Curt thinks he will get off with a warning and not have to go to jail.
(b) Curt doesn't think going to jail matters anymore.
(c) Curt hates his life and wants to go to jail.
(d) Curt is scared to go to jail.
14. In what setting does Act 2 begin?
(a) The bar.
(b) The police station.
(c) Heather's apartment.
(d) Curt's apartment.
15. What does Curt think the title "Blue Serge" means?
(a) A cheap suit.
(b) A "surge" of sadness.
(c) A "surge" of color.
(d) A lifetime of crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police do at the massage parlor in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. How does Curt explain himself and the statement he makes about Sandy in Act 1, Scene 8?
3. What does Sandy reveal to Curt about her graduation day?
4. What brought Sandy to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
5. How does Curt react to Beth's feelings about his childhood?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)