|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Curt's thoughts about jail?
(a) Curt is scared to go to jail.
(b) Curt hates his life and wants to go to jail.
(c) Curt thinks he will get off with a warning and not have to go to jail.
(d) Curt doesn't think going to jail matters anymore.
2. What does Sandy want from Heather in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) A free drink.
(c) The $500 Sandy had to give the landlord.
(d) All Heather's stuff out of the apartment.
3. Why does Doug think the police will find what they are looking for at the massage parlor?
(a) The people placing the complaints have proof of prostitution.
(b) A man on the inside will tell the police when to come.
(c) Heather says the girls have been dealing drugs.
(d) Sandy has incriminating evidence.
4. What does Sandy reveal to Curt about her graduation day?
(a) Sandy felt like her nicest clothes were uglier than her classmates' worst clothes.
(b) Sandy saved up to buy a new dress, and everyone told her she looked great.
(c) Sandy couldn't afford to wear a dress to graduation.
(d) Sandy stole her graduation dress from a store.
5. In what setting does Act 2 begin?
(a) The bar.
(b) Heather's apartment.
(c) The police station.
(d) Curt's apartment.
6. In Act 2, Scene 5, what does Curt want Sandy to do with what he gives her?
(a) Curt wants Sandy to get out of town and call him to come meet her.
(b) Curt wants Sandy to turn herself in to the police.
(c) Curt wants Sandy to give him a massage.
(d) Curt wants Sandy to convince Beth that he still loves her.
7. What can we assume has just happened based on the description in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Curt and Beth broke up.
(b) Sandy has just slept with someone.
(c) The raid was a success.
(d) Curt is badly hurt.
8. What is Doug looking for in his office in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) A gun.
(b) The warrant.
(d) A flashlight.
9. What does Curt reveal to Doug and Heather about Sandy and Heather's apartment in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The apartment has a padlock on the door.
(b) The apartment has a padlock and an eviction notice on the door.
(c) The apartment has an eviction notice on the door.
(d) The apartment had been robbed.
10. What does "Blue Serge" actually mean?
(a) A lifetime of crime.
(b) A serge of color.
(c) A wave of sadness.
(d) Blue serge is a cheap suit.
11. In Act 2, Scene 2, what was the reasoning behind what Sandy did all day?
(a) Sandy didn't have a coat and couldn't get into her apartment and didn't know what else to do.
(b) Sandy was aftraid to call her mother for help.
(c) Sandy was afraid to call Curt for help.
(d) Sandy was scheduled to work that day.
12. In Act 2, Scene 6, Curt knows he is in trouble. What is his plan?
(a) Curt plans to get Doug to take the blame.
(b) Curt plans to go to trial and plead no contest.
(c) Curt plans to run with the money.
(d) Curt plans to turn himself in and get a reduced sentence.
13. What has Curt been doing all day in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Helping Doug and Heather move in together.
(b) Working at the police station.
(c) Driving around town looking for Sandy.
(d) Convincing Beth to not break up with him.
14. What does Sandy tell Curt about what had been broken at the party at her apartment?
(a) Sandy's car was smashed.
(b) A necklace from Sandy's stepdad was cut in two.
(c) It was a dresser mirror from Sandy's grandmother.
(d) Sandy's wrist was broken in an arguement.
15. How does Curt react to what Sandy does at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Curt calls Heather to warn her that Sandy is coming home.
(b) Curt lets Sandy go and works things out with Beth.
(c) Curt leaves Beth and goes after Sandy.
(d) Curt goes to the bar to think things through.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Curt helping Sandy in Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Why does Beth come to Curt's apartment in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What physical state is Sandy in when she comes to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
4. How does Curt react to Beth's feelings about his childhood?
5. How is Sandy supposed to fix the problem with the apartment?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)