|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police do at the massage parlor in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Arrest Curt.
(b) Seize the property.
(c) Drive away protesters.
(d) Arrest the prostitutues.
2. Why can't Curt just return the money he stole before anyone misses it?
(a) Sandy took the money and headed out of town.
(b) Curt would rather be honest and explain the situation to the captain.
(c) Everything Curt said to Sandy about the money is on tape.
(d) Doug already told the captain that Curt took the money.
3. What does Curt think the title "Blue Serge" means?
(a) A cheap suit.
(b) A "surge" of sadness.
(c) A lifetime of crime.
(d) A "surge" of color.
4. What does Sandy ask of Curt at the end of Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Sandy asks if Curt will let her spend the night at his apartment.
(b) Sandy asks if Curt could loan her some dry clothes.
(c) Sandy asks if Curt would come back to her apartment and help get the people out of her room.
(d) Sandy asks if Curt would still be willing to help her get out of prostitution.
5. What does Curt give Sandy in Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) More condoms.
(c) A lecture.
(d) One of his leaves.
6. What does Curt reveal to Doug about Beth in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Beth doesn't like Curt, and he doesn't like her.
(b) Curt and Beth are going to try and make their relationship work.
(c) Curt left Beth, and she is devastated.
(d) Beth left Curt, and he is devastated.
7. What does Sandy notice about the money Curt gave to her?
(a) The money is a $100 bill wrapped around a bunch of $1 bills.
(b) There are thousands of dollars in the envelope.
(c) The money has a case number on it.
(d) The money is fake.
8. In Act 2, Scene 5, what does Curt want Sandy to do with what he gives her?
(a) Curt wants Sandy to convince Beth that he still loves her.
(b) Curt wants Sandy to give him a massage.
(c) Curt wants Sandy to get out of town and call him to come meet her.
(d) Curt wants Sandy to turn herself in to the police.
9. In Act 2, Scene 2, why didn't Curt look for Sandy at the massage parlor?
(a) Because Beth had asked Curt to not go back to the massage parlor.
(b) Because Doug said he looked for Sandy at the massage parlor.
(c) Because it wasn't Sandy's day to work at the massage parlor.
(d) Because Curt didn't think Sandy would go back there.
10. Why does Beth come to Curt's apartment in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Beth is going to look for Sandy's address so she can go talk to her.
(b) Beth is going to get all of her stuff before Curt comes home.
(c) Beth is going to wait for Curt to come home so they can talk.
(d) Beth is going to break up with Curt.
11. What has Curt been doing for the last four years of his relationship with Beth?
(a) Trying not to ruin everything.
(b) Trying not to go to the massage parlor.
(c) Trying not to leave in the middle of the night.
(d) Trying not to quit the police force.
12. What does Sandy reveal to Curt about her graduation day?
(a) Sandy stole her graduation dress from a store.
(b) Sandy felt like her nicest clothes were uglier than her classmates' worst clothes.
(c) Sandy saved up to buy a new dress, and everyone told her she looked great.
(d) Sandy couldn't afford to wear a dress to graduation.
13. Why doesn't Sandy meet Curt for their Friday night date?
(a) Because Sandy is embarrassed about how gross she had been all week.
(b) Because Sandy wants to be with Doug now.
(c) Because Beth had called Sandy to threaten her.
(d) Because Sandy is at her stepdad's funeral.
14. Why is Doug looking for Curt in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Beth is sick.
(b) The captain is mad at Curt.
(c) Sandy is hurt.
(d) Curt is needed for a raid on the massage parlor.
15. What does Beth say about her feelings for Curt's career choice in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Beth wants what is best for Curt because she loves him.
(b) Beth thinks Curt's job is the best job ever.
(c) Beth thinks Curt's job is terrible.
(d) Beth thinks Curt will not amount to anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the piece that was broken at the party upset Sandy so much?
2. What does Sandy want from Heather in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Why does Curt think Beth keeps dating him?
4. How did Sandy's apartment get in the state Curt finds it in during Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Sandy give Curt to hold for her in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)