|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beth think Curt wants to be poor?
(a) Because Curt can't get ahead at work.
(b) Because Curt said he wants to be poor.
(c) Because Curt is hanging out with Sandy.
(d) Because Curt is just giving up and doesn't want to win in life.
2. How does Sandy feel about the money Curt gave her?
(a) Sandy is excited that Curt has a lot of money for them to live on together.
(b) Sandy is mad that Curt brought her fake money.
(c) Sandy is mad that Curt wanted them to live together on stolen money.
(d) Sandy is hurt that Curt felt like he had to lie to her.
3. What does Curt tell Sandy about his feelings over losing Beth?
(a) Curt is glad that Beth is gone and hopes to get his engagement ring back.
(b) Curt hopes that he and Beth will be together again someday.
(c) Curt is devastated and feels guilty that Beth left because of Sandy.
(d) Curt doesn't care that Beth is gone because now there is no one to care if he and Sandy are together.
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 8 take place?
(a) At the massage parlor.
(b) At the police station.
(c) In Curt's apartment.
(d) At the bar.
5. What does Sandy reveal to Curt about her graduation day?
(a) Sandy saved up to buy a new dress, and everyone told her she looked great.
(b) Sandy stole her graduation dress from a store.
(c) Sandy couldn't afford to wear a dress to graduation.
(d) Sandy felt like her nicest clothes were uglier than her classmates' worst clothes.
6. In Act 2, Scene 2, what was the reasoning behind what Sandy did all day?
(a) Sandy didn't have a coat and couldn't get into her apartment and didn't know what else to do.
(b) Sandy was aftraid to call her mother for help.
(c) Sandy was scheduled to work that day.
(d) Sandy was afraid to call Curt for help.
7. What does Sandy tell Curt about what had been broken at the party at her apartment?
(a) A necklace from Sandy's stepdad was cut in two.
(b) Sandy's car was smashed.
(c) It was a dresser mirror from Sandy's grandmother.
(d) Sandy's wrist was broken in an arguement.
8. How does Curt react to Beth's feelings about his childhood?
(a) Curt is grateful that Beth is so caring.
(b) Curt wants to know why he is so poor if Beth's thoughts are true.
(c) Curt makes plans to go to his mother's home.
(d) Curt leaves to go find Sandy.
9. What physical state is Sandy in when she comes to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Sandy is dressed up and looks nice.
(b) Sandy is still intoxicated.
(c) Sandy is in lingerie because she just finished working.
(d) Sandy isn't wearing a coat or shoes and is crying.
10. In Act 2, Scene 3, what does Curt say is the reason he likes being with Sandy?
(a) So that Curt can feel good about taking care of someone.
(b) Because Sandy will do things Beth will not do.
(c) Because Sandy is gorgeous.
(d) Because Curt can talk to Sandy and feels comfortable with her.
11. What are Curt's thoughts about jail?
(a) Curt is scared to go to jail.
(b) Curt thinks he will get off with a warning and not have to go to jail.
(c) Curt doesn't think going to jail matters anymore.
(d) Curt hates his life and wants to go to jail.
12. What does Curt reveal to Doug about Beth in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Beth left Curt, and he is devastated.
(b) Curt and Beth are going to try and make their relationship work.
(c) Beth doesn't like Curt, and he doesn't like her.
(d) Curt left Beth, and she is devastated.
13. In Act 2, Scene 5, what does Curt want Sandy to do with what he gives her?
(a) Curt wants Sandy to convince Beth that he still loves her.
(b) Curt wants Sandy to get out of town and call him to come meet her.
(c) Curt wants Sandy to give him a massage.
(d) Curt wants Sandy to turn herself in to the police.
14. What does Beth say about her feelings for Curt's career choice in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Beth thinks Curt's job is the best job ever.
(b) Beth thinks Curt's job is terrible.
(c) Beth thinks Curt will not amount to anything.
(d) Beth wants what is best for Curt because she loves him.
15. When does Act 2, Scene 1, take place?
(a) A year after Sandy came to Curt's apartment in the middle of the night.
(b) Two days after Sandy was invited to spend the night.
(c) The middle of that same night.
(d) The morning after Sandy spent the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Curt say in Act 1, Scene 8, that Sandy interprets as the meanest thing anyone has ever said to her?
2. What does Curt think he will be charged with in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What interrupts the conversation between Curt and Sandy in Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What are Curt's feelings about why Beth agreed to marry him?
5. What does Sandy give Curt to hold for her in Act 2, Scene 5?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)