|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Curt's feelings about why Beth agreed to marry him?
(a) Beth is looking for a way to shock her friends.
(b) Beth loves Curt.
(c) Beth wanted out of her parents' house.
(d) Beth is afraid she won't find anyone else.
2. How does Curt handle Beth's reaction to Sandy being in the apartment?
(a) Curt lets Sandy and Beth fight it out.
(b) Curt is more concerned with Sandy's feelings.
(c) Curt pleads for forgiveness.
(d) Curt calls Doug for advice.
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, why didn't Curt look for Sandy at the massage parlor?
(a) Because Beth had asked Curt to not go back to the massage parlor.
(b) Because Curt didn't think Sandy would go back there.
(c) Because Doug said he looked for Sandy at the massage parlor.
(d) Because it wasn't Sandy's day to work at the massage parlor.
4. Why can't Curt just return the money he stole before anyone misses it?
(a) Sandy took the money and headed out of town.
(b) Doug already told the captain that Curt took the money.
(c) Everything Curt said to Sandy about the money is on tape.
(d) Curt would rather be honest and explain the situation to the captain.
5. How does Doug react to Curt's thoughts about jail?
(a) Doug agrees to take part of the blame so Curt won't be in as much trouble.
(b) Doug feels scared for Curt and promises to try and help him.
(c) Doug thinks Curt needs to pay attention to his life because he deserves the best in this world.
(d) Doug is tired of dealing with Curt and wants him to go to jail.
6. In Act 2, Scene 6, what does Curt reveal was his plan for the money he stole for Sandy?
(a) To spend it on Sandy.
(b) To buy drugs.
(c) To give it to Doug to secretly put back.
(d) To return it.
7. What does Curt think the title "Blue Serge" means?
(a) A cheap suit.
(b) A lifetime of crime.
(c) A "surge" of sadness.
(d) A "surge" of color.
8. Why is Doug upset about the massage parlor raid?
(a) Doug feels like the police are arresting everyone.
(b) Doug doesn't want to mess up again.
(c) Doug wants Heather to be safe.
(d) Doug wants Sandy to be safe.
9. What does Curt say in Act 1, Scene 8, that Sandy interprets as the meanest thing anyone has ever said to her?
(a) "I hope you rot in hell."
(b) "I hate you for what you did with Doug."
(c) "I shouldn't have expected so much from you."
(d) "I hope you spend eternity in jail."
10. When does Act 2, Scene 1, take place?
(a) The middle of that same night.
(b) Two days after Sandy was invited to spend the night.
(c) A year after Sandy came to Curt's apartment in the middle of the night.
(d) The morning after Sandy spent the night.
11. What does Curt tell Sandy about his feelings over losing Beth?
(a) Curt doesn't care that Beth is gone because now there is no one to care if he and Sandy are together.
(b) Curt is devastated and feels guilty that Beth left because of Sandy.
(c) Curt is glad that Beth is gone and hopes to get his engagement ring back.
(d) Curt hopes that he and Beth will be together again someday.
12. What is Doug's advice to Curt about his life?
(a) Follow Sandy and get the money back.
(b) Try not to ruin your life completely.
(c) Try to win Beth back.
(d) Leave town immediately.
13. How does Curt react to Beth's feelings about his childhood?
(a) Curt leaves to go find Sandy.
(b) Curt is grateful that Beth is so caring.
(c) Curt wants to know why he is so poor if Beth's thoughts are true.
(d) Curt makes plans to go to his mother's home.
14. What brought Sandy to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
(a) Curt's desperate call in the middle of the night.
(b) Heather has a lot of people at Sandy's apartment.
(c) The date Curt and Sandy planned.
(d) Guilt over Sandy's date with Doug.
15. How does Curt respond to Sandy's reasoning in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Curt heads out to arrest the landlord.
(b) Curt calls Beth to tell her where he is.
(c) Curt is furious and calls Sandy names.
(d) Curt is relieved that Sandy is ok.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Curt been doing for the last four years of his relationship with Beth?
2. What physical state is Sandy in when she comes to Curt in Act 1, Scene 8?
3. How does Curt react to what Sandy does at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Curt give Sandy in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 5, take place?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)