|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Curt ask Sandy to help him?
(a) Curt likes Sandy's company and needs an excuse to be with her.
(b) There is something his girlfriend will not do.
(c) Curt needs help buying his girlfriend a present.
(d) Sandy will know how to help Curt break up with his girlfriend.
2. How do Curt and Beth decide to get to their destination for the evening at the end of Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Curt and Beth will go together in Curt's car.
(b) Curt and Beth will go together in Beth's car.
(c) Curt and Beth will take separate cars.
(d) Curt and Beth are no longer going out for the evening.
3. Where does Curt find Doug after the meeting at the police station in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Asleep on a table.
(b) With Sandy.
(c) With Heather.
(d) In the bathroom.
4. Why would Sandy act the way that Doug says she acted at her party in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Sandy is mad at Curt and wants to hurt his feelings.
(b) Sandy wanted to make a good impression.
(c) Sandy was intoxicated.
(d) Sandy was angry at all of Heather's friends.
5. What changes would Sandy like to see happen with her job?
(a) Sandy wants to have a nicer room to complete her work.
(b) Sandy wants to be able to keep all of her money for herself instead of paying half to her employer.
(c) Sandy wants a front other than a massage parlor.
(d) Sandy wants to be able to select her own clients.
6. What does Doug show Heather that implies he is not there for a massage?
(a) A badge.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A new computer.
(d) A drycleaning ticket.
7. What does Curt want to do after he retires from the police force?
(a) Curt wants to volunteer at a nature center.
(b) Curt wants to help more prostitutes.
(c) Curt wants to volunteer at the Red Cross.
(d) Curt wants to volunteer at an animal shelter.
8. How does Sandy know Doug?
(a) Doug frequents the bar where Sandy works.
(b) Doug has been in for a massage.
(c) Sandy used to date Doug.
(d) Sandy was in a band with Doug's brother.
9. How does Curt feel about Doug at the end of Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Curt tells Doug he is sorry.
(b) Curt pleads with Doug to leave Sandy alone.
(c) Curt tells Doug he is ruining his life.
(d) Curt tells Doug he is fired.
10. What is Doug's role in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Doug is the store clerk.
(b) Doug is there to receive a massage.
(c) Doug is booking Heather into jail.
(d) Doug is the bartender.
11. How does Doug feel about the outcome of Heather's arrest?
(a) Doug is glad Heather is in jail but wishes that it was for the original charge.
(b) Doug is furious.
(c) Doug is pleased.
(d) Doug is satisfied but wishes for more immediate consequences.
12. Curt reveals what he thought about when Sandy was massaging him at the parlor. What was it?
(a) Curt's wedding to Sandy instead of Beth.
(b) A house with a state park as a back yard.
(c) Beth massaging him instead of Sandy.
13. How do Sandy and Curt end their time together?
(a) By discussing going out on a date, and Curt gets Sandy's phone number.
(b) Curt gives Sandy $30 and schedules another appointment.
(c) Curt yells at Sandy because she wouldn't flirt back with him and storms out of the room.
(d) With awkward conversation about warming clothes before getting dressed.
14. What does Curt show Doug on the front page of the paper?
(a) Heather has been murdered.
(b) Sandy has been murdered.
(c) Riots at the massage parlor.
(d) The massage parlor burned down.
15. How does Sandy feel about her job?
(a) Sandy hates her job and has been looking for a new one.
(b) Sandy is embarrassed about her job but does not know what else to do.
(c) Sandy is proud of her job and has made up flyers to find new clients.
(d) Sandy enjoys what she does because it is easy and pays well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Curt feel about what happens with his job in Act 1, Scene 7?
2. What does Doug reveal about his social life to Curt in Act 1, Scene 7?
3. What does Beth encourage Curt to do about his career?
4. Why did Curt not go to college?
5. What happens to Heather after she finds out who Doug really is?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)