|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Curt reveals what he thought about when Sandy was massaging him at the parlor. What was it?
(a) Beth massaging him instead of Sandy.
(c) Curt's wedding to Sandy instead of Beth.
(d) A house with a state park as a back yard.
2. What can we assume is Sandy's real job?
(a) Sandy is an undercover cop.
(b) Sandy sells drugs.
(c) Sandy is a prostitute.
(d) Sandy teaches at a massage school.
3. Why is the massage parlor's location so important?
(a) The massage parlor is located next to a restaurant where members of the Christian Coalition like to eat.
(b) The massage parlor will be torn down.
(c) The massage parlor is located next to a church.
(d) The massage parlor interferes with traffic flow.
4. Why is Curt upset with Doug after Heather and Sandy are released from jail?
(a) Doug's lack of questioning techniques got Curt fired.
(b) Doug's lack of questioning techniques made Curt look stupid.
(c) Doug's lack of questioning techniques ruined the prostitution bust.
(d) Doug's lack of questioning techniques ruined the drug bust.
5. What does Doug show Heather that implies he is not there for a massage?
(a) A drycleaning ticket.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A badge.
(d) A new computer.
6. How is Sandy described?
(a) A little wrinkled with some gray hair.
(b) Beautiful in every way.
(c) Thin, flat-chested and not very attractive.
(d) Very young, plump and gorgeous.
7. When does the story take place?
(a) Christmas time, present day.
(b) Early summer, in the future.
(c) Autumn, present day.
(d) In the middle of winter, in the past.
8. Where does Sandy go in her head to relax?
(a) The massage parlor.
(b) A house with an indoor courtyard.
(c) A state park.
(d) Sandy's mother's house.
9. What are Beth's thoughts about prostitution?
(a) Beth is considering becoming a prostitute.
(b) Beth thinks prostitution is disgusting.
(c) Beth thinks it should be legalized.
(d) Beth is embarrassed about Curt being near a prostitute.
10. How does Doug know about the new policies at the massage parlor?
(a) Doug goes to the massage parlor weekly.
(b) Doug is dating Heather.
(c) Doug has been reassigned to the massage parlor case.
(d) Doug is friends with Sandy.
11. What does Doug hope $200 will buy him?
(a) A new television set at the store.
(b) A down payment on a car.
(c) Two pints of liquor.
(d) Sex with Heather.
12. Why did Curt not go to college?
(a) Curt didn't have enough money to go to college.
(b) Curt didn't have high enough grades to get into college.
(c) Curt had no desire to go to college.
(d) Curt's mom got sick, and he had to take care of her.
13. What does Curt reveal about his relationship with Beth to Heather in Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Curt plans to take Beth on a special vacation.
(b) Curt doesn't love Beth and is starting to have feelings for Sandy.
(c) Curt plans to marry Beth.
(d) Curt plans to break up with Beth.
14. How long has Sandy been doing her job?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) A year.
15. How does Beth feel about Curt being at the massage parlor?
(a) Beth is jealous and upset.
(b) Beth is proud of Curt's attempt to end prostitution in their town.
(c) Beth hopes that Curt will be able to help Sandy.
(d) Beth thinks Curt's job is cool.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Curt feel about Doug at the end of Act 1, Scene 7?
2. Why will Beth not help Curt do what Sandy is willing to do for him?
3. What does Sandy offer to do if Curt asks her at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
4. How can Doug justify what he does to Heather in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Curt reveal about the bust at the massage parlor?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)