|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Curt want to meet Sandy after she is released from the jail?
(a) Curt wants to help Sandy get out of the prostitution business.
(b) Curt wants Sandy to help him buy a gift for his girlfriend.
(c) Curt wants another massage from Sandy.
(d) Curt wants to go on a date with Sandy.
2. Why does Curt send Doug home after Heather and Sandy are released from jail?
(a) Doug is sharing his inappropriate thoughts about Heather.
(b) Beth arrives at the station and tells Curt to have Doug leave.
(c) Doug is considering trying drugs.
(d) Curt needs Doug to give Heather a ride home.
3. What does Curt reveal about his family to Sandy in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Curt's father stole cars.
(b) Curt's father was a bank robber.
(c) Curt's father stole from gas stations.
(d) Curt's father was a graverobber.
4. How is Sandy described?
(a) Thin, flat-chested and not very attractive.
(b) A little wrinkled with some gray hair.
(c) Beautiful in every way.
(d) Very young, plump and gorgeous.
5. Heather talks with Curt about what happened with her job. How does she find out who he is?
(a) Sandy arrives and tells Heather.
(b) Heather finally remembers him from her arrest.
(c) Curt tells Heather.
(d) Heather finds Curt's badge.
6. What does Doug offer to Sandy as she is being released from jail?
(a) Doug offers to help Sandy learn how to package the drugs differently.
(b) Doug offers to find Sandy a ride home.
(c) Doug offers to help Sandy with her undercover questioning tactics.
(d) Doug offers to help Sandy have a happy hour at her bar.
7. How does Curt respond to Sandy's offer to him at the end of Act 1, Scene 6?
(a) Offers to help Sandy find another job.
(b) Leads Sandy to the bedroom.
(c) Quickly asks Sandy to come over next Friday.
(d) Curt says he can't because he's marrying Beth.
8. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
(a) At the police station.
(b) At the bar.
(c) At the massage parlor.
(d) In Curt's apartment.
9. What does Beth encourage Curt to do about his career?
(a) Fire Doug.
(b) Go on a date with Sandy.
(c) Promote Doug.
(d) Talk to the captain about the job promotion.
10. Why did Curt not go to college?
(a) Curt's mom got sick, and he had to take care of her.
(b) Curt had no desire to go to college.
(c) Curt didn't have enough money to go to college.
(d) Curt didn't have high enough grades to get into college.
11. What are Beth's thoughts about prostitution?
(a) Beth is embarrassed about Curt being near a prostitute.
(b) Beth is considering becoming a prostitute.
(c) Beth thinks it should be legalized.
(d) Beth thinks prostitution is disgusting.
12. How does Sandy feel about her mother?
(a) Sandy thinks her mother is stupid and wrecking her life by letting people take advantage of her.
(b) Sandy admires her mother's perseverance.
(c) Sandy loves her mother and talks to her every day.
(d) Sandy's mother died, and she misses her very much.
13. What does Curt want to do after he retires from the police force?
(a) Curt wants to volunteer at an animal shelter.
(b) Curt wants to help more prostitutes.
(c) Curt wants to volunteer at the Red Cross.
(d) Curt wants to volunteer at a nature center.
14. Curt has asked Sandy to help him with something Beth won't do. What does Curt ask Sandy to do?
(a) Curt asks Sandy to do his laundry.
(b) Curt asks Sandy to quiz him on different types of leaves.
(c) Curt asks Sandy to rub his feet.
(d) Curt asks Sandy to watch a scary movie with him.
15. How does Curt sign the paper?
(c) John Doe.
(d) He does not sign it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heather and Doug go round and round over what topic?
2. What happened with Heather's job after she was arrested?
3. When does Act 1, Scene2 take place?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. Where does the story take place?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)