|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sandy know the real reason that Curt was at the massage parlor?
(a) Sandy found Curt's wallet in his pants.
(b) Doug told Sandy.
(c) Curt left his underwear on for the massage.
(d) Heather told Sandy.
2. What happens with Curt's job in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) The captain fires Curt.
(b) Curt quits so he can be with Sandy.
(c) Curt is promoted to lieutenant.
(d) The captain takes Curt off the massage parlor case.
3. Where does the story take place?
(a) In the Midwest.
(b) In New York City.
(c) In a rural location.
(d) In Seattle.
4. What does Curt want to do after he retires from the police force?
(a) Curt wants to volunteer at a nature center.
(b) Curt wants to volunteer at an animal shelter.
(c) Curt wants to volunteer at the Red Cross.
(d) Curt wants to help more prostitutes.
5. Where does Curt find Doug after the meeting at the police station in Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) With Heather.
(b) With Sandy.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) Asleep on a table.
6. What does Curt reveal about his family to Sandy in Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) Curt's father stole from gas stations.
(b) Curt's father was a bank robber.
(c) Curt's father was a graverobber.
(d) Curt's father stole cars.
7. Why does Curt feel like the failed bust was his fault?
(a) Curt was too nervous to have sex with Sandy.
(b) Curt left his badge in his pants, and Sandy found it.
(c) Curt did not take his underwear off, and that tipped Sandy off to his undercover status.
(d) Curt liked Sandy and told her about the bust so she wouldn't get into trouble.
8. When does the story take place?
(a) Early summer, in the future.
(b) Autumn, present day.
(c) Christmas time, present day.
(d) In the middle of winter, in the past.
9. What can we assume is Sandy's real job?
(a) Sandy is an undercover cop.
(b) Sandy is a prostitute.
(c) Sandy sells drugs.
(d) Sandy teaches at a massage school.
10. What does Doug hope $200 will buy him?
(a) A new television set at the store.
(b) Sex with Heather.
(c) A down payment on a car.
(d) Two pints of liquor.
11. What are Beth's thoughts about prostitution?
(a) Beth is embarrassed about Curt being near a prostitute.
(b) Beth thinks it should be legalized.
(c) Beth is considering becoming a prostitute.
(d) Beth thinks prostitution is disgusting.
12. How does Sandy know Curt?
(a) He is her boyfriend.
(b) They used to go to school together.
(c) He is one of her massage clients.
(d) He is her brother.
13. How does Sandy feel about her job?
(a) Sandy is proud of her job and has made up flyers to find new clients.
(b) Sandy enjoys what she does because it is easy and pays well.
(c) Sandy is embarrassed about her job but does not know what else to do.
(d) Sandy hates her job and has been looking for a new one.
14. How does Curt feel about Doug at the end of Act 1, Scene 7?
(a) Curt tells Doug he is fired.
(b) Curt pleads with Doug to leave Sandy alone.
(c) Curt tells Doug he is sorry.
(d) Curt tells Doug he is ruining his life.
15. What is Curt's job?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A massage therapist.
(d) An undercover cop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1, Scene 5 take place?
2. Heather and Doug go round and round over what topic?
3. How does Beth feel about Curt being at the massage parlor?
4. What does Curt reveal about his mother?
5. What is Doug's role in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)