|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow?
2. How long is Franklin Niley going to wait for his messengers to return from Anita's before he starts torturing his kidnap victims further?
3. How does Marianne advise Anita to deal with the munin trying to possess her?
4. Why doesn't Richard want to leave Myerton?
5. For what has Linus Beck once been imprisoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is Nikki a mirror character for Anita?
2. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
3. What wolf ability of Richard's does Anita discover in herself in Chapter 31 and how does she feel about this new skill?
4. How does Anita free the demon in Chapter 45 and what is the demon's response when she does so?
5. Who does Franklin Niley bring with him when he meets Anita in Chapter 35?
6. Why does Jean-Claude not discourage Richard's romantic pursuit of Anita?
7. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
8. What evidence in Chapter 32 tells Anita the murdered woman was killed by a demon rather than a troll and how do the police respond to her suggestion of a demon?
9. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
10. Why does Franklin Niley want the land occupied by the trolls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Anita Blake is the clear protagonist of the novel, it could be argued that Frank Niley, Howard Grant, and Linus Beck are all antagonists. Compare and contrast these villains. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the werewolves, the wereleopards, the vampires, and the trolls in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three master vampires in the novel: Jean-Claude, Asher, and Colin. Include a discussion of their relationships with Anita. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)