|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what do the police accuse the trolls of doing?
2. Who is Dr. Patrick?
3. Who is Marianne?
4. From what type of disease is Anita immune because of the vampire marks Jean-Claude has given her?
5. Who is in charge of the crime scene in Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jean-Claude not discourage Richard's romantic pursuit of Anita?
2. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
3. In Chapter 28, what do Richard and Anita decide to do about their relationship?
4. How does Anita free the demon in Chapter 45 and what is the demon's response when she does so?
5. What secret does Damian reveal to Anita in Chapter 41?
6. Who is Marianne and how does she suggest that Anita deal with Raina's munin in Chapter 25?
7. In what ways is Nikki a mirror character for Anita?
8. Why does Anita choose to be alone rather than with Richard or Jean-Claude at the end of the novel?
9. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
10. Describe Anita's encounter in the woods with the five hired thugs from Myerton in Chapter 25.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Anita Blake's relationship with Jean-Claude to her relationship with Richard. Which man do you think she loves best? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how she depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss traditional vampire and werewolf lore and compare the world and lives of Laurell K. Hamilton's fictional vampires and werewolves with the legends and myths about these creatures.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)