|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who searches Anita roughly in Chapter 29 in order to show Richard that he and Anita should leave town?
2. What does Dolph advise Anita to do to Franklin Niley if she gets the chance?
3. Who claims to not have known what Niley was going to do to his kidnap victims?
4. Whose blood do Niley and Linus Beck use to summon Beck's demon?
5. What is the human Beck plans to sacrifice to the demon doing while Beck chants to summon the demon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news do Donald and Officer Thompson bring Anita in Chapter 42 and what gruesome evidence do they bring to substantiate their story?
2. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
3. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
4. How does Franklin Niley convince Anita to meet with him?
5. Why does Anita kill Nikki in Chapter 41?
6. Who does Franklin Niley bring with him when he meets Anita in Chapter 35?
7. What protects Charlotte from the demon in Chapter 45?
8. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
9. How does Anita save Asher's life in Chapter 41 and how does her action affect her relationship with Asher?
10. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Anita Blake's relationship with Jean-Claude to her relationship with Richard. Which man do you think she loves best? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of religion and ritual in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say about religion in society through this novel? What example of religious symbolism does the novel contain? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Laurell K. Hamilton uses foreshadowing throughout Blue Moon. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the novel and discuss how foreshadowing is used in each example to indicate events that came later in the story.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)