|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anita's increasing closeness to Richard affect the triumvirate?
2. For what has Milo Hart once been imprisoned?
3. Why is it difficult for Richard to control his ability to change into a wolf in Chapter 27?
4. What is the human Beck plans to sacrifice to the demon doing while Beck chants to summon the demon?
5. Who is Terry Fletcher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
2. Why does Anita kill Nikki in Chapter 41?
3. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
4. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
5. Why does Franklin Niley want the land occupied by the trolls?
6. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
7. How does Franklin Niley convince Anita to meet with him?
8. What news do Donald and Officer Thompson bring Anita in Chapter 42 and what gruesome evidence do they bring to substantiate their story?
9. What evidence in Chapter 32 tells Anita the murdered woman was killed by a demon rather than a troll and how do the police respond to her suggestion of a demon?
10. Who is Marianne and how does she suggest that Anita deal with Raina's munin in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Anita's relationship with the wereleopards. Does her relationship with them mirror in any way her relationship with Jean-Claude and/or Richard? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of religion and ritual in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say about religion in society through this novel? What example of religious symbolism does the novel contain? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Verne and Richard, the two Ulfrics or werewolf pack leaders. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)