|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what has Linus Beck once been imprisoned?
2. What is Anita more concerned with at the end of the novel than pleasing Jean-Claude or Richard?
3. What does Marianne serve Roxanne in Chapter 40 to try to calm her?
4. Who is Roxanne?
5. What do the spirits tell Niley that coming directly against Anita will bring him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
2. Why does Jean-Claude not discourage Richard's romantic pursuit of Anita?
3. What secret does Damian reveal to Anita in Chapter 41?
4. Why does Anita choose to be alone rather than with Richard or Jean-Claude at the end of the novel?
5. What evidence in Chapter 32 tells Anita the murdered woman was killed by a demon rather than a troll and how do the police respond to her suggestion of a demon?
6. How do Anita's interactions with Raina's munin change as the story progresses in Chapters 25-30?
7. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
8. How does Anita save Asher's life in Chapter 41 and how does her action affect her relationship with Asher?
9. How do the sheriff and his deputies treat Anita and Richard in Chapter 29?
10. Who is Marianne and how does she suggest that Anita deal with Raina's munin in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Blue Moon. Give three examples of symbolism in the novel and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of religion and ritual in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say about religion in society through this novel? What example of religious symbolism does the novel contain? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)