|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Richard to control his ability to change into a wolf in Chapter 27?
2. When the shapeshifters sense others in the woods with them in Chapter 25, what do Jason and Anita pretend to be while Jamil and the rest of ther group run ahead to the lupanar for help?
3. What lie has Verne told Roxanne to make her jealous?
4. What do the spirits tell Niley that coming directly against Anita will bring him?
5. In Chapter 45, who is revealed to be an undercover federal agent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita's encounter in the woods with the five hired thugs from Myerton in Chapter 25.
2. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
3. Why does Franklin Niley want the land occupied by the trolls?
4. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
5. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
6. What secret does Damian reveal to Anita in Chapter 41?
7. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
8. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
9. In what ways is Nikki a mirror character for Anita?
10. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow and why is she crying in Chapter 31?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss traditional vampire and werewolf lore and compare the world and lives of Laurell K. Hamilton's fictional vampires and werewolves with the legends and myths about these creatures.
Essay Topic 2
Blue Moon contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the supernatural in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say through her depiction of the supernatural in the novel? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)