|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hair does Marianne want Anita to brush in Chapter 37?
2. Who is Milo Hart?
3. What does Roxanne accuse Anita of doing?
4. Who searches Anita roughly in Chapter 29 in order to show Richard that he and Anita should leave town?
5. Who is in charge of the crime scene in Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Roxanne and why is she angry with Anita?
2. Why does Franklin Niley want the land occupied by the trolls?
3. How do Anita's interactions with Raina's munin change as the story progresses in Chapters 25-30?
4. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
5. How do the sheriff and his deputies treat Anita and Richard in Chapter 29?
6. Why does Anita choose to be alone rather than with Richard or Jean-Claude at the end of the novel?
7. In what ways is Nikki a mirror character for Anita?
8. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
9. What news do Donald and Officer Thompson bring Anita in Chapter 42 and what gruesome evidence do they bring to substantiate their story?
10. Describe Anita's encounter in the woods with the five hired thugs from Myerton in Chapter 25.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Blue Moon. Give three examples of symbolism in the novel and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Anita's relationship with the wereleopards. Does her relationship with them mirror in any way her relationship with Jean-Claude and/or Richard? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Anita Blake's relationship with Jean-Claude to her relationship with Richard. Which man do you think she loves best? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)