|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who jerks Anita's phone out of the wall in Chapter 29 so she can't phone for help?
2. According to Captain Henderson, to what can mental illness open a person up?
3. How do the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel respond at the crime scene in Chapter 32?
4. What is the human Beck plans to sacrifice to the demon doing while Beck chants to summon the demon?
5. What does Marianne serve Roxanne in Chapter 40 to try to calm her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
2. How does Anita save Asher's life in Chapter 41 and how does her action affect her relationship with Asher?
3. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
4. How does Franklin Niley convince Anita to meet with him?
5. What protects Charlotte from the demon in Chapter 45?
6. Who is Roxanne and why is she angry with Anita?
7. What wolf ability of Richard's does Anita discover in herself in Chapter 31 and how does she feel about this new skill?
8. What secret does Damian reveal to Anita in Chapter 41?
9. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
10. Who is Marianne and how does she suggest that Anita deal with Raina's munin in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast any three female characters in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Blue Moon. Give three examples of symbolism in the novel and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three law enforcement officers in Blue Moon: Sheriff Wilkes, Officer Thompson, and Officer Maiden. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)