|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Captain Henderson, to what can mental illness open a person up?
2. What happens to people who become involved with Franklin NIley?
3. Who is Belle Morte?
4. What does Marianne serve Roxanne in Chapter 40 to try to calm her?
5. How does Anita's increasing closeness to Richard affect the triumvirate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
2. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow and why is she crying in Chapter 31?
3. In Chapter 28, what do Richard and Anita decide to do about their relationship?
4. Why does Anita kill Nikki in Chapter 41?
5. How do Anita's interactions with Raina's munin change as the story progresses in Chapters 25-30?
6. What wolf ability of Richard's does Anita discover in herself in Chapter 31 and how does she feel about this new skill?
7. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
8. What news do Donald and Officer Thompson bring Anita in Chapter 42 and what gruesome evidence do they bring to substantiate their story?
9. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
10. How does Franklin Niley convince Anita to meet with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anita Blake is the protagonist of the novel, yet she is also a vampire slayer and she chops off the fingers of Officer Thompson. Discuss the character of Anita and her role as protagonist or heroine. What are her character strengths and flaws? How do these strengths and flaws help and hinder her during the story? In what ways is she typical and in what ways is she atypical for a protagonist or heroine? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Blue Moon takes place in the present in Tennessee and St. Louis in an alternate reality in which vampires, werewolves, and trolls are real. Discuss how the geographical and chronological settings affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if Laurell K. Hamilton had set the novel in another era or in a world in which vampires and werewolves are real but are thought to be mere myths and legends. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)