|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Anita and Damian have such a strong bond?
2. Who searches Anita roughly in Chapter 29 in order to show Richard that he and Anita should leave town?
3. What do the carvings on the trees in Chapter 32 indicate?
4. What injury does Terry Fletcher sustain during the fight with Anita and her friends?
5. How does the speed with which werewolves heal compare to the speed with which humans heal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anita choose to be alone rather than with Richard or Jean-Claude at the end of the novel?
2. In Chapter 28, what do Richard and Anita decide to do about their relationship?
3. Why does Franklin Niley want the land occupied by the trolls?
4. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
5. How do Anita's interactions with Raina's munin change as the story progresses in Chapters 25-30?
6. What secret does Damian reveal to Anita in Chapter 41?
7. How do the sheriff and his deputies treat Anita and Richard in Chapter 29?
8. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
9. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow and why is she crying in Chapter 31?
10. Who is Roxanne and why is she angry with Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the werewolves, the wereleopards, the vampires, and the trolls in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Blue Moon takes place in the present in Tennessee and St. Louis in an alternate reality in which vampires, werewolves, and trolls are real. Discuss how the geographical and chronological settings affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if Laurell K. Hamilton had set the novel in another era or in a world in which vampires and werewolves are real but are thought to be mere myths and legends. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)