|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolph tell Anita that Franklin Niley does professionally?
2. Why doesn't Richard want to leave Myerton?
3. Who is Marianne?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Roxanne?
5. In Chapter 25, which werewolf takes a bullet meant for Anita, thereby saving Anita's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
2. How does Anita save Asher's life in Chapter 41 and how does her action affect her relationship with Asher?
3. How do the sheriff and his deputies treat Anita and Richard in Chapter 29?
4. Why does Franklin Niley want the land occupied by the trolls?
5. What protects Charlotte from the demon in Chapter 45?
6. Who is Marianne and how does she suggest that Anita deal with Raina's munin in Chapter 25?
7. What secret does Damian reveal to Anita in Chapter 41?
8. In Chapter 28, what do Richard and Anita decide to do about their relationship?
9. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
10. What wolf ability of Richard's does Anita discover in herself in Chapter 31 and how does she feel about this new skill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three master vampires in the novel: Jean-Claude, Asher, and Colin. Include a discussion of their relationships with Anita. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Greed motivates much of the action in the novel. Discuss the theme of greed in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)