|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What supernatural creatures does Anita think might have committed the crime in Chapter 31 instead of the trolls?
2. Who jerks Anita's phone out of the wall in Chapter 29 so she can't phone for help?
3. According to Captain Henderson, to what can mental illness open a person up?
4. What does Anita do to warn Roxanne she will kill her if necessary?
5. Who slaps Anita at the end of Chapter 40 out of jealousy over Richard?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss traditional vampire and werewolf lore and compare the world and lives of Laurell K. Hamilton's fictional vampires and werewolves with the legends and myths about these creatures.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Blue Moon takes place in the present in Tennessee and St. Louis in an alternate reality in which vampires, werewolves, and trolls are real. Discuss how the geographical and chronological settings affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if Laurell K. Hamilton had set the novel in another era or in a world in which vampires and werewolves are real but are thought to be mere myths and legends. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)