|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marianne?
2. Who hits Anita in Chapter 29?
3. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow?
4. What does Anita see carved on a circle of trees in Chapter 32?
5. What is Roland's relationship to Marianne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
2. How do Anita's interactions with Raina's munin change as the story progresses in Chapters 25-30?
3. What secret does Damian reveal to Anita in Chapter 41?
4. What wolf ability of Richard's does Anita discover in herself in Chapter 31 and how does she feel about this new skill?
5. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
6. What evidence in Chapter 32 tells Anita the murdered woman was killed by a demon rather than a troll and how do the police respond to her suggestion of a demon?
7. How does Anita free the demon in Chapter 45 and what is the demon's response when she does so?
8. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
9. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
10. In Chapter 28, what do Richard and Anita decide to do about their relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anita Blake is the protagonist of the novel, yet she is also a vampire slayer and she chops off the fingers of Officer Thompson. Discuss the character of Anita and her role as protagonist or heroine. What are her character strengths and flaws? How do these strengths and flaws help and hinder her during the story? In what ways is she typical and in what ways is she atypical for a protagonist or heroine? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three master vampires in the novel: Jean-Claude, Asher, and Colin. Include a discussion of their relationships with Anita. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the supernatural in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say through her depiction of the supernatural in the novel? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)