|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anita's increasing closeness to Richard affect the triumvirate?
2. What will the police do to the trolls if they can prove the trolls have committed the crime they're accused of committing?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 31, how long does Sheriff Wilkes give Richard and Anita to get out of town?
4. What does Anita urge the FBI agents to do to protect themselves from demonic attack?
5. Who is Milo Hart?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Franklin Niley convince Anita to meet with him?
2. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
3. Why does Anita kill Nikki in Chapter 41?
4. Who is Marianne and how does she suggest that Anita deal with Raina's munin in Chapter 25?
5. What evidence in Chapter 32 tells Anita the murdered woman was killed by a demon rather than a troll and how do the police respond to her suggestion of a demon?
6. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow and why is she crying in Chapter 31?
7. How does Anita save Asher's life in Chapter 41 and how does her action affect her relationship with Asher?
8. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
9. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
10. Why does Jean-Claude not discourage Richard's romantic pursuit of Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast any three female characters in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how she depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)