|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Franklin Niley going to wait for his messengers to return from Anita's before he starts torturing his kidnap victims further?
2. How does Marianne advise Anita to deal with the munin trying to possess her?
3. For whom does Anita declare her love in Chapter 27?
4. Who knocks on Anita's cabin door at the beginning of Chapter 29?
5. What does Anita tell Verne he owes her for having Terry Fletcher killed when she promised Terry he would live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Franklin Niley bring with him when he meets Anita in Chapter 35?
2. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
3. How does Anita save Asher's life in Chapter 41 and how does her action affect her relationship with Asher?
4. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
5. Who is Marianne and how does she suggest that Anita deal with Raina's munin in Chapter 25?
6. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
7. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
8. In what ways is Nikki a mirror character for Anita?
9. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
10. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow and why is she crying in Chapter 31?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blue Moon contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 2
Anita Blake is the protagonist of the novel, yet she is also a vampire slayer and she chops off the fingers of Officer Thompson. Discuss the character of Anita and her role as protagonist or heroine. What are her character strengths and flaws? How do these strengths and flaws help and hinder her during the story? In what ways is she typical and in what ways is she atypical for a protagonist or heroine? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Greed motivates much of the action in the novel. Discuss the theme of greed in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)