|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of the two people Franklin Niley kidnaps in Chapter 42 to the triumvirate?
2. Who is Belle Morte?
3. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow?
4. Who is the only shapeshifter Anita allows to remain in her room at the beginning of Chapter 42?
5. What does the package Franklin Niley has delivered to Anita in Chapter 42 contain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita's encounter in the woods with the five hired thugs from Myerton in Chapter 25.
2. How do the sheriff and his deputies treat Anita and Richard in Chapter 29?
3. What wolf ability of Richard's does Anita discover in herself in Chapter 31 and how does she feel about this new skill?
4. How does Anita save Asher's life in Chapter 41 and how does her action affect her relationship with Asher?
5. Who does Franklin Niley bring with him when he meets Anita in Chapter 35?
6. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
7. Why does Anita choose to be alone rather than with Richard or Jean-Claude at the end of the novel?
8. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
9. Why does Jean-Claude not discourage Richard's romantic pursuit of Anita?
10. How do Anita's interactions with Raina's munin change as the story progresses in Chapters 25-30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Laurell K. Hamilton uses foreshadowing throughout Blue Moon. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the novel and discuss how foreshadowing is used in each example to indicate events that came later in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast any three female characters in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of religion and ritual in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say about religion in society through this novel? What example of religious symbolism does the novel contain? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)