|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship of the two people Franklin Niley kidnaps in Chapter 42 to the triumvirate?
2. What does the package Franklin Niley has delivered to Anita in Chapter 42 contain?
3. What lie has Verne told Roxanne to make her jealous?
4. What does Niley think is buried on the land the trolls occupy?
5. What does Anita think committed the crime for which the trolls are being blamed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Damian reveal to Anita in Chapter 41?
2. Why does Anita kill Nikki in Chapter 41?
3. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow and why is she crying in Chapter 31?
4. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
5. Who does Franklin Niley bring with him when he meets Anita in Chapter 35?
6. What evidence in Chapter 32 tells Anita the murdered woman was killed by a demon rather than a troll and how do the police respond to her suggestion of a demon?
7. What protects Charlotte from the demon in Chapter 45?
8. Why does Anita choose to be alone rather than with Richard or Jean-Claude at the end of the novel?
9. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
10. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blue Moon takes place in the present in Tennessee and St. Louis in an alternate reality in which vampires, werewolves, and trolls are real. Discuss how the geographical and chronological settings affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if Laurell K. Hamilton had set the novel in another era or in a world in which vampires and werewolves are real but are thought to be mere myths and legends. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Anita's relationship with the wereleopards. Does her relationship with them mirror in any way her relationship with Jean-Claude and/or Richard? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)