|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound do Richard and Anita hear in the woods at the beginning of Chapter 31?
2. How long is Franklin Niley going to wait for his messengers to return from Anita's before he starts torturing his kidnap victims further?
3. From what type of disease is Anita immune because of the vampire marks Jean-Claude has given her?
4. Who is Howard Grant?
5. Where is Anita when Roxanne bursts into her cabin in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Franklin Niley want the land occupied by the trolls?
2. How does Anita save Asher's life in Chapter 41 and how does her action affect her relationship with Asher?
3. Who does Franklin Niley bring with him when he meets Anita in Chapter 35?
4. Why does Anita kill Nikki in Chapter 41?
5. What wolf ability of Richard's does Anita discover in herself in Chapter 31 and how does she feel about this new skill?
6. Who is Marianne and how does she suggest that Anita deal with Raina's munin in Chapter 25?
7. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
8. How do Anita's interactions with Raina's munin change as the story progresses in Chapters 25-30?
9. Who is Roxanne and why is she angry with Anita?
10. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the three law enforcement officers in Blue Moon: Sheriff Wilkes, Officer Thompson, and Officer Maiden. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
While Anita Blake is the clear protagonist of the novel, it could be argued that Frank Niley, Howard Grant, and Linus Beck are all antagonists. Compare and contrast these villains. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the supernatural in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say through her depiction of the supernatural in the novel? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)