|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who slaps Anita at the end of Chapter 40 out of jealousy over Richard?
2. What stops Roxanne's fight with Anita in Chapter 40?
3. Why is it difficult for Richard to control his ability to change into a wolf in Chapter 27?
4. What does Niley threaten to do if Anita won't meet with him?
5. Whose blood do Niley and Linus Beck use to summon Beck's demon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita's encounter in the woods with the five hired thugs from Myerton in Chapter 25.
2. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
3. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow and why is she crying in Chapter 31?
4. What protects Charlotte from the demon in Chapter 45?
5. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
6. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
7. Who does Franklin Niley bring with him when he meets Anita in Chapter 35?
8. In what ways is Nikki a mirror character for Anita?
9. How do the sheriff and his deputies treat Anita and Richard in Chapter 29?
10. What wolf ability of Richard's does Anita discover in herself in Chapter 31 and how does she feel about this new skill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the werewolves, the wereleopards, the vampires, and the trolls in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Blue Moon takes place in the present in Tennessee and St. Louis in an alternate reality in which vampires, werewolves, and trolls are real. Discuss how the geographical and chronological settings affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if Laurell K. Hamilton had set the novel in another era or in a world in which vampires and werewolves are real but are thought to be mere myths and legends. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Laurell K. Hamilton uses foreshadowing throughout Blue Moon. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the novel and discuss how foreshadowing is used in each example to indicate events that came later in the story.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)