|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does the fact that she was ambushed right across from the police station indicate to Anita?
2. Which of the following statements is not true of the Lesser Smokey Mountain Trolls?
3. What is Richard's middle name?
4. What explanation does Verne give in Chapter 16 for the one of the wolves in his pack delivering Nathaniel to Colin?
5. What is a vargamor?
Short Essay Questions
1. When she sees Richard in Tennessee, what does Anita discover about her feelings for him?
2. What does Officer Maiden's warning to Anita in Chapter 7 foreshadow?
3. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
4. Who is Asher and what is Anita's relationship with him?
5. What have the trolls been falsely accused of and why is someone wanting to get the trolls off their land?
6. Explain the triumvirate between Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard.
7. In Chapter 14, why does Damian begin to rot, and why is Anita the only one who can save his life?
8. What are munin and how does Anita use munin in her battle against Colin and his vampires in Chapter 20?
9. How does the way Colin rules his vampires differ from the way Jean-Claude rules?
10. In Chapter 7, what reveals to Anita that Sheriff Wilkes is involved in whatever is going on in Myerton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Laurell K. Hamilton uses foreshadowing throughout Blue Moon. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the novel and discuss how foreshadowing is used in each example to indicate events that came later in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Anita Blake's relationship with Jean-Claude to her relationship with Richard. Which man do you think she loves best? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Verne and Richard, the two Ulfrics or werewolf pack leaders. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)