Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what startling fact does Anita notice about her bruised skin?
2. How does Anita become the Nimir-ra, or queen of the wereleopards?
3. What does Collin send Anita and her friends at the end of Chapter 12 as a message?
4. What reason does Verne give in Chapter 16 for wanting to side with Anita instead of with the local vampires in Myerton?
5. What burns Barnaby's arm in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anita's relationship with vampire master Jean-Claude?
2. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
3. In Chapter 10, what new abilities and sensations does Anita discover in herself due to her bond with Jean-Claude?
4. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
5. In Chapter 17, what ability does Anita have to summon Richard?
6. When she sees Richard in Tennessee, what does Anita discover about her feelings for him?
7. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
8. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
9. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
10. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
Blue Moon takes place in the present in Tennessee and St. Louis in an alternate reality in which vampires, werewolves, and trolls are real. Discuss how the geographical and chronological settings affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if Laurell K. Hamilton had set the novel in another era or in a world in which vampires and werewolves are real but are thought to be mere myths and legends. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Discuss the role of the supernatural in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say through her depiction of the supernatural in the novel? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Greed motivates much of the action in the novel. Discuss the theme of greed in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)