|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the wereleopards' leader before Anita?
2. What is a lupa?
3. What present does Verne give Anita at the beginning of Chapter 19?
4. What do Colin and Jean-Claude have in common?
5. Who comes to Nathaniel's assistance at the beginning of Chapter 13 by feeding on his blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. When she sees Richard in Tennessee, what does Anita discover about her feelings for him?
2. What is inside the basket Verne presents to Anita in Chapter 19 and what do the basket's contents indicate about werewolves?
3. In Chapter 7, what reveals to Anita that Sheriff Wilkes is involved in whatever is going on in Myerton?
4. In Chapter 4, when Jamil tells Anita that, as a human, she can't hold her own against the non-humans she's about to meet, how does Anita prove she can take care of herself?
5. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
6. In Chapter 14, why does Damian begin to rot, and why is Anita the only one who can save his life?
7. What supernatural creatures accompany Anita to Tennessee to assist Richard?
8. Do Verne and his werewolves side with Colin or Anita when Anita clashes with Colin?
9. What is Anita's relationship with vampire master Jean-Claude?
10. In Chapter 10, what new abilities and sensations does Anita discover in herself due to her bond with Jean-Claude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Anita's relationship with the wereleopards. Does her relationship with them mirror in any way her relationship with Jean-Claude and/or Richard? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how she depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast any three female characters in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)