|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which werewolf is so terrified of rotting vampires that memories of them make him cry in the shower in Chapter 21?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Officer Maiden advise that Anita do once Richard makes bail?
3. In Chapter 14, what does Anita wear under her clothes for her meeting with Colin?
4. What is the name of Richard's wolf pack?
5. What outfit does Anita select to wear to meet Colin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Nimira-ra means and how Anita has become the Nimir-ra to the wereleopards.
2. In Chapter 14, who does Asher suggest is behind the attack on Nathaniel and why does Asher think Nathaniel was attacked?
3. What demand of Colin's breaks the truce between his group of vampires and the vampires with Anita and how does Anita respond to his demand?
4. In Chapter 10, what new abilities and sensations does Anita discover in herself due to her bond with Jean-Claude?
5. What is Anita's relationship with vampire master Jean-Claude?
6. In Chapter 14, why does Damian begin to rot, and why is Anita the only one who can save his life?
7. What is Anita's job and what is ironic about her job and her boyfriend?
8. Define the terms Ulfric, lupa, lupanar, and vargamor and how they relate to werewolves.
9. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
10. What is inside the basket Verne presents to Anita in Chapter 19 and what do the basket's contents indicate about werewolves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast any three female characters in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Blue Moon takes place in the present in Tennessee and St. Louis in an alternate reality in which vampires, werewolves, and trolls are real. Discuss how the geographical and chronological settings affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if Laurell K. Hamilton had set the novel in another era or in a world in which vampires and werewolves are real but are thought to be mere myths and legends. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Blue Moon contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)