|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what location does the first scene of the novel occur?
2. What causes Damian's problems in Chapter 13?
3. What affect does physical closeness have on wereleopards?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Sheriff Wilkes say will get Richard out of trouble and get the charges against him to disappear?
5. What emotion does the vampire Colin feed off of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Nathaniel in Chapter 12 and what is suggested as a means to save his life?
2. What have the trolls been falsely accused of and why is someone wanting to get the trolls off their land?
3. In Chapter 10, what new abilities and sensations does Anita discover in herself due to her bond with Jean-Claude?
4. Who is Colin and why does he not want Anita to come to Tennessee?
5. In Chapter 7, what reveals to Anita that Sheriff Wilkes is involved in whatever is going on in Myerton?
6. What supernatural creatures accompany Anita to Tennessee to assist Richard?
7. What is Anita's relationship with werewolf Richard Zeeman?
8. What demand of Colin's breaks the truce between his group of vampires and the vampires with Anita and how does Anita respond to his demand?
9. Define the terms Ulfric, lupa, lupanar, and vargamor and how they relate to werewolves.
10. Once the confrontation ends, how does Anita feel about the power she displays during her meeting with Colin and his vampires in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of religion and ritual in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say about religion in society through this novel? What example of religious symbolism does the novel contain? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Blue Moon takes place in the present in Tennessee and St. Louis in an alternate reality in which vampires, werewolves, and trolls are real. Discuss how the geographical and chronological settings affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if Laurell K. Hamilton had set the novel in another era or in a world in which vampires and werewolves are real but are thought to be mere myths and legends. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Anita's relationship with the wereleopards. Does her relationship with them mirror in any way her relationship with Jean-Claude and/or Richard? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)