|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What non-wolf can feel the call of the wolf pack to the greeting ceremony in Chapter 24?
2. Who is Richard's lupa?
3. How does Anita become the Nimir-ra, or queen of the wereleopards?
4. Why does Anita break her engagement to Richard?
5. What secret identity does Richard have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Define the terms Ulfric, lupa, lupanar, and vargamor and how they relate to werewolves.
2. What supernatural creatures accompany Anita to Tennessee to assist Richard?
3. In Chapter 4, when Jamil tells Anita that, as a human, she can't hold her own against the non-humans she's about to meet, how does Anita prove she can take care of herself?
4. What demand of Colin's breaks the truce between his group of vampires and the vampires with Anita and how does Anita respond to his demand?
5. Explain the triumvirate between Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard.
6. In Chapter 17, what ability does Anita have to summon Richard?
7. How does the way Colin rules his vampires differ from the way Jean-Claude rules?
8. Explain what Nimira-ra means and how Anita has become the Nimir-ra to the wereleopards.
9. What is inside the basket Verne presents to Anita in Chapter 19 and what do the basket's contents indicate about werewolves?
10. In Chapter 10, what new abilities and sensations does Anita discover in herself due to her bond with Jean-Claude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast any three female characters in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Blue Moon contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 3
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how she depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)