Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what startling fact does Anita notice about her bruised skin?
2. How does Anita become the Nimir-ra, or queen of the wereleopards?
3. What does Collin send Anita and her friends at the end of Chapter 12 as a message?
4. What reason does Verne give in Chapter 16 for wanting to side with Anita instead of with the local vampires in Myerton?
5. What burns Barnaby's arm in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anita's relationship with vampire master Jean-Claude?
2. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
3. In Chapter 10, what new abilities and sensations does Anita discover in herself due to her bond with Jean-Claude?
4. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
5. In Chapter 17, what ability does Anita have to summon Richard?
6. When she sees Richard in Tennessee, what does Anita discover about her feelings for him?
7. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
8. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
9. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
10. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
Essay Topic 1
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how she depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Anita Blake's relationship with Jean-Claude to her relationship with Richard. Which man do you think she loves best? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three master vampires in the novel: Jean-Claude, Asher, and Colin. Include a discussion of their relationships with Anita. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)