|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what are the Lesser Smokey Mountain Trolls being blamed in Chapter 9?
2. In what location does the first scene of the novel occur?
3. Why does Colin not want Anita in Tennessee?
4. How could a master vampire save Damian?
5. Which of the following statements is not true of the Lesser Smokey Mountain Trolls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Asher and what is Anita's relationship with him?
2. Explain the triumvirate between Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard.
3. In Chapter 14, why does Damian begin to rot, and why is Anita the only one who can save his life?
4. In Chapter 14, who does Asher suggest is behind the attack on Nathaniel and why does Asher think Nathaniel was attacked?
5. What is Anita's job and what is ironic about her job and her boyfriend?
6. Do Verne and his werewolves side with Colin or Anita when Anita clashes with Colin?
7. What is inside the basket Verne presents to Anita in Chapter 19 and what do the basket's contents indicate about werewolves?
8. What is Anita's relationship with werewolf Richard Zeeman?
9. In Chapter 18, why can Anita not take retribution against Colin for the attack on Nathaniel?
10. Who is Raina and what is her relationship to Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greed motivates much of the action in the novel. Discuss the theme of greed in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the supernatural in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say through her depiction of the supernatural in the novel? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Laurell K. Hamilton uses foreshadowing throughout Blue Moon. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the novel and discuss how foreshadowing is used in each example to indicate events that came later in the story.
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)