Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what startling fact does Anita notice about her bruised skin?
2. How does Anita become the Nimir-ra, or queen of the wereleopards?
3. What does Collin send Anita and her friends at the end of Chapter 12 as a message?
4. What reason does Verne give in Chapter 16 for wanting to side with Anita instead of with the local vampires in Myerton?
5. What burns Barnaby's arm in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anita's relationship with vampire master Jean-Claude?
2. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
3. In Chapter 10, what new abilities and sensations does Anita discover in herself due to her bond with Jean-Claude?
4. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
5. In Chapter 17, what ability does Anita have to summon Richard?
6. When she sees Richard in Tennessee, what does Anita discover about her feelings for him?
7. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
8. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
9. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
10. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the three law enforcement officers in Blue Moon: Sheriff Wilkes, Officer Thompson, and Officer Maiden. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast any three female characters in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Laurell K. Hamilton uses foreshadowing throughout Blue Moon. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the novel and discuss how foreshadowing is used in each example to indicate events that came later in the story.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)