Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what startling fact does Anita notice about her bruised skin?
2. How does Anita become the Nimir-ra, or queen of the wereleopards?
3. What does Collin send Anita and her friends at the end of Chapter 12 as a message?
4. What reason does Verne give in Chapter 16 for wanting to side with Anita instead of with the local vampires in Myerton?
5. What burns Barnaby's arm in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anita's relationship with vampire master Jean-Claude?
2. Why does Richard speak directly to sorcerer Linus Beck when he prays in Chapter 35?
3. In Chapter 10, what new abilities and sensations does Anita discover in herself due to her bond with Jean-Claude?
4. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
5. In Chapter 17, what ability does Anita have to summon Richard?
6. When she sees Richard in Tennessee, what does Anita discover about her feelings for him?
7. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
8. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
9. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
10. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
Essay Topic 1
Anita Blake is the protagonist of the novel, yet she is also a vampire slayer and she chops off the fingers of Officer Thompson. Discuss the character of Anita and her role as protagonist or heroine. What are her character strengths and flaws? How do these strengths and flaws help and hinder her during the story? In what ways is she typical and in what ways is she atypical for a protagonist or heroine? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast any three female characters in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
While Anita Blake is the clear protagonist of the novel, it could be argued that Frank Niley, Howard Grant, and Linus Beck are all antagonists. Compare and contrast these villains. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)