|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outfit does Anita select to wear to meet Colin?
2. What happens to Damian's hands at the end of Chapter 13?
3. What is Anita's relationship to Richard?
4. Why does Colin not want Anita in Tennessee?
5. What is a lupa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
2. In Chapter 4, when Jamil tells Anita that, as a human, she can't hold her own against the non-humans she's about to meet, how does Anita prove she can take care of herself?
3. What is Anita's relationship with the vampire Damian?
4. Do Verne and his werewolves side with Colin or Anita when Anita clashes with Colin?
5. When she sees Richard in Tennessee, what does Anita discover about her feelings for him?
6. What demand of Colin's breaks the truce between his group of vampires and the vampires with Anita and how does Anita respond to his demand?
7. What is Anita's relationship with vampire master Jean-Claude?
8. Explain the triumvirate between Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard.
9. How does the way Colin rules his vampires differ from the way Jean-Claude rules?
10. What does Officer Maiden's warning to Anita in Chapter 7 foreshadow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how she depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three master vampires in the novel: Jean-Claude, Asher, and Colin. Include a discussion of their relationships with Anita. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)