|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard's middle name?
2. When Damian pulls away from Nathaniel at the end of Chapter 13, what does Anita see on his lip?
3. Which of the following can kill wereanimals like the wereleopards?
4. What burns Barnaby's arm in Chapter 18?
5. In Chapter 20, what reason does Damian give Colin for why he serves Jean-Claude?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what ability does Anita have to summon Richard?
2. In Chapter 18, why can Anita not take retribution against Colin for the attack on Nathaniel?
3. Who is Asher and what is Anita's relationship with him?
4. What is Anita's job and what is ironic about her job and her boyfriend?
5. Who is Colin and why does he not want Anita to come to Tennessee?
6. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
7. What does Officer Maiden's warning to Anita in Chapter 7 foreshadow?
8. Explain what Nimira-ra means and how Anita has become the Nimir-ra to the wereleopards.
9. What have the trolls been falsely accused of and why is someone wanting to get the trolls off their land?
10. Explain the triumvirate between Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Anita's relationship with the wereleopards. Does her relationship with them mirror in any way her relationship with Jean-Claude and/or Richard? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three master vampires in the novel: Jean-Claude, Asher, and Colin. Include a discussion of their relationships with Anita. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss traditional vampire and werewolf lore and compare the world and lives of Laurell K. Hamilton's fictional vampires and werewolves with the legends and myths about these creatures.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)