|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which wereleopard has lost a leg in a hit-and-run accident and had the leg grown back after becoming a shapeshifter?
2. How does Anita save Damian?
3. Which of the following is not a weapon Anita takes with her to Tennessee?
4. Why does Colin not want Anita in Tennessee?
5. Why does Anita break her engagement to Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Asher and what is Anita's relationship with him?
2. Describe the clothing and the weapons that Anita wears when going to meet Colin and his vampires.
3. In Chapter 14, who does Asher suggest is behind the attack on Nathaniel and why does Asher think Nathaniel was attacked?
4. Explain the triumvirate between Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard.
5. What demand of Colin's breaks the truce between his group of vampires and the vampires with Anita and how does Anita respond to his demand?
6. Once the confrontation ends, how does Anita feel about the power she displays during her meeting with Colin and his vampires in Chapter 20?
7. Do Verne and his werewolves side with Colin or Anita when Anita clashes with Colin?
8. What is Anita's relationship with werewolf Richard Zeeman?
9. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
10. What are munin and how does Anita use munin in her battle against Colin and his vampires in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Anita Blake's relationship with Jean-Claude to her relationship with Richard. Which man do you think she loves best? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Anita Blake is the protagonist of the novel, yet she is also a vampire slayer and she chops off the fingers of Officer Thompson. Discuss the character of Anita and her role as protagonist or heroine. What are her character strengths and flaws? How do these strengths and flaws help and hinder her during the story? In what ways is she typical and in what ways is she atypical for a protagonist or heroine? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how she depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)