|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anita's job at Animators, Inc.?
2. Which of the following characters is not a wereleopard?
3. Who becomes jealous of Anita and a werewolf at the end of Chapter 21?
4. When Damian pulls away from Nathaniel at the end of Chapter 13, what does Anita see on his lip?
5. What is Damian before he becomes a vampire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anita free the demon in Chapter 45 and what is the demon's response when she does so?
2. How does Franklin Niley convince Anita to meet with him?
3. In what ways is Nikki a mirror character for Anita?
4. Describe Anita's encounter in the woods with the five hired thugs from Myerton in Chapter 25.
5. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
6. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
7. In Chapter 18, why can Anita not take retribution against Colin for the attack on Nathaniel?
8. Define the terms Ulfric, lupa, lupanar, and vargamor and how they relate to werewolves.
9. Why does Anita kill Nikki in Chapter 41?
10. Do Verne and his werewolves side with Colin or Anita when Anita clashes with Colin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Anita Blake's relationship with Jean-Claude to her relationship with Richard. Which man do you think she loves best? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Blue Moon takes place in the present in Tennessee and St. Louis in an alternate reality in which vampires, werewolves, and trolls are real. Discuss how the geographical and chronological settings affect the story and how the characters and story might differ if Laurell K. Hamilton had set the novel in another era or in a world in which vampires and werewolves are real but are thought to be mere myths and legends. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the werewolves, the wereleopards, the vampires, and the trolls in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,536 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)