|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a lupa?
2. Which of the following can kill wereanimals like the wereleopards?
3. In Chapter 14, what does Anita wear under her clothes for her meeting with Colin?
4. Whose base makeup does Anita wear in Chapter 21?
5. How does Colin feel about Anita after the encounter between their two groups at the lupanar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Colin and why does he not want Anita to come to Tennessee?
2. What demand of Colin's breaks the truce between his group of vampires and the vampires with Anita and how does Anita respond to his demand?
3. In Chapter 4, when Jamil tells Anita that, as a human, she can't hold her own against the non-humans she's about to meet, how does Anita prove she can take care of herself?
4. Define the terms Ulfric, lupa, lupanar, and vargamor and how they relate to werewolves.
5. In Chapter 7, what reveals to Anita that Sheriff Wilkes is involved in whatever is going on in Myerton?
6. What are munin and how does Anita use munin in her battle against Colin and his vampires in Chapter 20?
7. Who is Raina and what is her relationship to Anita?
8. In Chapter 10, what new abilities and sensations does Anita discover in herself due to her bond with Jean-Claude?
9. What have the trolls been falsely accused of and why is someone wanting to get the trolls off their land?
10. How does the way Colin rules his vampires differ from the way Jean-Claude rules?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Laurell K. Hamilton uses foreshadowing throughout Blue Moon. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the novel and discuss how foreshadowing is used in each example to indicate events that came later in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Greed motivates much of the action in the novel. Discuss the theme of greed in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)