|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outfit does Anita select to wear to meet Colin?
2. Why does Daniel call Anita in Chapter 1?
3. For what are the Lesser Smokey Mountain Trolls being blamed in Chapter 9?
4. In what location does the first scene of the novel occur?
5. Why does Anita telephone her friend Catherine at the beginning of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what ability does Anita have to summon Richard?
2. What demand of Colin's breaks the truce between his group of vampires and the vampires with Anita and how does Anita respond to his demand?
3. What supernatural creatures accompany Anita to Tennessee to assist Richard?
4. What have the trolls been falsely accused of and why is someone wanting to get the trolls off their land?
5. Who is Raina and what is her relationship to Anita?
6. What are munin and how does Anita use munin in her battle against Colin and his vampires in Chapter 20?
7. Describe the wereleopards' relationship with their former leader, Gabriel, and how their relationship with Anita differs.
8. Once the confrontation ends, how does Anita feel about the power she displays during her meeting with Colin and his vampires in Chapter 20?
9. Who is Mira, what is her role in the attack on Nathaniel, and what does Anita's comment about what she'd like done to Mira foreshadow?
10. In Chapter 4, when Jamil tells Anita that, as a human, she can't hold her own against the non-humans she's about to meet, how does Anita prove she can take care of herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Anita Blake's relationship with Jean-Claude to her relationship with Richard. Which man do you think she loves best? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Greed motivates much of the action in the novel. Discuss the theme of greed in Blue Moon. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the techniques Laurell K. Hamilton uses to create her fictional world. One such technique is her use of werewolf and vampire titles and vocabulary. Discuss at least three techniques she uses to depict her novel's world and cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)