|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could a master vampire save Damian?
2. What burns Barnaby's arm in Chapter 18?
3. What happens to Damian's hands at the end of Chapter 13?
4. What color are Nathaniel's eyes?
5. How does Anita become the Nimir-ra, or queen of the wereleopards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anita's job and what is ironic about her job and her boyfriend?
2. In Chapter 17, what ability does Anita have to summon Richard?
3. What happens to Nathaniel in Chapter 12 and what is suggested as a means to save his life?
4. Define the terms Ulfric, lupa, lupanar, and vargamor and how they relate to werewolves.
5. Who is Mira, what is her role in the attack on Nathaniel, and what does Anita's comment about what she'd like done to Mira foreshadow?
6. Why does Franklin Niley want the land occupied by the trolls?
7. Who is Colin and why does he not want Anita to come to Tennessee?
8. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
9. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
10. How does Anita save Asher's life in Chapter 41 and how does her action affect her relationship with Asher?
Essay Topic 1
Blue Moon contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three master vampires in the novel: Jean-Claude, Asher, and Colin. Include a discussion of their relationships with Anita. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how she depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,622 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)