|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes jealous of Anita and a werewolf at the end of Chapter 21?
2. Which werewolf is so terrified of rotting vampires that memories of them make him cry in the shower in Chapter 21?
3. What is the name of Richard's wolf pack?
4. Which of the following is not a weapon Anita takes with her to Tennessee?
5. Why does Anita break her engagement to Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anita's relationship with the vampire Damian?
2. When she sees Richard in Tennessee, what does Anita discover about her feelings for him?
3. What are munin and how does Anita use munin in her battle against Colin and his vampires in Chapter 20?
4. Describe the wereleopards' relationship with their former leader, Gabriel, and how their relationship with Anita differs.
5. Describe the clothing and the weapons that Anita wears when going to meet Colin and his vampires.
6. In Chapter 17, what ability does Anita have to summon Richard?
7. How does the way Colin rules his vampires differ from the way Jean-Claude rules?
8. What is Anita's job and what is ironic about her job and her boyfriend?
9. In Chapter 4, when Jamil tells Anita that, as a human, she can't hold her own against the non-humans she's about to meet, how does Anita prove she can take care of herself?
10. What supernatural creatures accompany Anita to Tennessee to assist Richard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the major themes of this novel? Discuss at least three themes. Tell what the author is trying to say about each theme and how she depicts it. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of religion and ritual in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say about religion in society through this novel? What example of religious symbolism does the novel contain? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the techniques Laurell K. Hamilton uses to create her fictional world. One such technique is her use of werewolf and vampire titles and vocabulary. Discuss at least three techniques she uses to depict her novel's world and cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)