|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, who does Asher say is the only one with a chance of healing Damian?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Officer Maiden advise that Anita do once Richard makes bail?
3. Which vampire is Colin's second in command?
4. Which wereleopard has lost a leg in a hit-and-run accident and had the leg grown back after becoming a shapeshifter?
5. What is an Ulfric?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Verne and his werewolves side with Colin or Anita when Anita clashes with Colin?
2. What is Anita's relationship with the vampire Damian?
3. What supernatural creatures accompany Anita to Tennessee to assist Richard?
4. What demand of Colin's breaks the truce between his group of vampires and the vampires with Anita and how does Anita respond to his demand?
5. In Chapter 17, what ability does Anita have to summon Richard?
6. In Chapter 18, why can Anita not take retribution against Colin for the attack on Nathaniel?
7. When she sees Richard in Tennessee, what does Anita discover about her feelings for him?
8. What is inside the basket Verne presents to Anita in Chapter 19 and what do the basket's contents indicate about werewolves?
9. Once the confrontation ends, how does Anita feel about the power she displays during her meeting with Colin and his vampires in Chapter 20?
10. Who is Colin and why does he not want Anita to come to Tennessee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of religion and ritual in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say about religion in society through this novel? What example of religious symbolism does the novel contain? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Anita Blake's relationship with Jean-Claude to her relationship with Richard. Which man do you think she loves best? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)