|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a lion passant?
2. In Chapter 14, what does Anita wear under her clothes for her meeting with Colin?
3. What is a night hag?
4. How could a master vampire save Damian?
5. What do vampires smell like to Anita?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, when Jamil tells Anita that, as a human, she can't hold her own against the non-humans she's about to meet, how does Anita prove she can take care of herself?
2. Explain the triumvirate between Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard.
3. In Chapter 14, why does Damian begin to rot, and why is Anita the only one who can save his life?
4. Who is Mira, what is her role in the attack on Nathaniel, and what does Anita's comment about what she'd like done to Mira foreshadow?
5. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
6. Define the terms Ulfric, lupa, lupanar, and vargamor and how they relate to werewolves.
7. What happens to Nathaniel in Chapter 12 and what is suggested as a means to save his life?
8. Once the confrontation ends, how does Anita feel about the power she displays during her meeting with Colin and his vampires in Chapter 20?
9. Who is Colin and why does he not want Anita to come to Tennessee?
10. In Chapter 14, who does Asher suggest is behind the attack on Nathaniel and why does Asher think Nathaniel was attacked?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Anita Blake's relationship with Jean-Claude to her relationship with Richard. Which man do you think she loves best? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Anita Blake is the protagonist of the novel, yet she is also a vampire slayer and she chops off the fingers of Officer Thompson. Discuss the character of Anita and her role as protagonist or heroine. What are her character strengths and flaws? How do these strengths and flaws help and hinder her during the story? In what ways is she typical and in what ways is she atypical for a protagonist or heroine? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)