|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anita telephone her friend Catherine at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. Which of Colin's vampires is the rotting vampire whose bite infects Anita's friends?
3. Whose base makeup does Anita wear in Chapter 21?
4. In Chapter 17, who does Colin think has come to Myerton to replace him as master of the city?
5. What is a vargamor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the wereleopards' relationship with their former leader, Gabriel, and how their relationship with Anita differs.
2. What demand of Colin's breaks the truce between his group of vampires and the vampires with Anita and how does Anita respond to his demand?
3. Who is Raina and what is her relationship to Anita?
4. What does Officer Maiden's warning to Anita in Chapter 7 foreshadow?
5. Describe the clothing and the weapons that Anita wears when going to meet Colin and his vampires.
6. Do Verne and his werewolves side with Colin or Anita when Anita clashes with Colin?
7. Explain what Nimira-ra means and how Anita has become the Nimir-ra to the wereleopards.
8. What have the trolls been falsely accused of and why is someone wanting to get the trolls off their land?
9. When she sees Richard in Tennessee, what does Anita discover about her feelings for him?
10. In Chapter 4, when Jamil tells Anita that, as a human, she can't hold her own against the non-humans she's about to meet, how does Anita prove she can take care of herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Blue Moon. Give three examples of symbolism in the novel and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
Essay Topic 2
Blue Moon contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three law enforcement officers in Blue Moon: Sheriff Wilkes, Officer Thompson, and Officer Maiden. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)