|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what enables Anita to sense Richard telepathically?
2. What explanation does Verne give in Chapter 16 for the one of the wolves in his pack delivering Nathaniel to Colin?
3. What does Collin send Anita and her friends at the end of Chapter 12 as a message?
4. What does Officer Maiden put into Anita's gun before returning it to her at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. Who breaks the truce between Colin's group of vampires and Anita's in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anita's relationship with werewolf Richard Zeeman?
2. What does Officer Maiden's warning to Anita in Chapter 7 foreshadow?
3. In Chapter 14, who does Asher suggest is behind the attack on Nathaniel and why does Asher think Nathaniel was attacked?
4. How does the way Colin rules his vampires differ from the way Jean-Claude rules?
5. When she sees Richard in Tennessee, what does Anita discover about her feelings for him?
6. Describe the wereleopards' relationship with their former leader, Gabriel, and how their relationship with Anita differs.
7. What have the trolls been falsely accused of and why is someone wanting to get the trolls off their land?
8. What is Anita's relationship with the vampire Damian?
9. Define the terms Ulfric, lupa, lupanar, and vargamor and how they relate to werewolves.
10. Do Verne and his werewolves side with Colin or Anita when Anita clashes with Colin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Laurell K. Hamilton uses foreshadowing throughout Blue Moon. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the novel and discuss how foreshadowing is used in each example to indicate events that came later in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the three law enforcement officers in Blue Moon: Sheriff Wilkes, Officer Thompson, and Officer Maiden. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Anita Blake's relationship with Jean-Claude to her relationship with Richard. Which man do you think she loves best? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)