|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who breaks the truce between Colin's group of vampires and Anita's in Chapter 20?
2. How does Anita travel to Tennessee?
3. What is Damian before he becomes a vampire?
4. What is the name of Richard's wolf pack?
5. Whose base makeup does Anita wear in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Colin and why does he not want Anita to come to Tennessee?
2. Define the terms Ulfric, lupa, lupanar, and vargamor and how they relate to werewolves.
3. In Chapter 17, what ability does Anita have to summon Richard?
4. What is Anita's job and what is ironic about her job and her boyfriend?
5. Who is Mira, what is her role in the attack on Nathaniel, and what does Anita's comment about what she'd like done to Mira foreshadow?
6. What is Anita's relationship with the vampire Damian?
7. What does Officer Maiden's warning to Anita in Chapter 7 foreshadow?
8. In Chapter 10, what new abilities and sensations does Anita discover in herself due to her bond with Jean-Claude?
9. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
10. What is inside the basket Verne presents to Anita in Chapter 19 and what do the basket's contents indicate about werewolves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blue Moon contains a number of instances of irony. Cite at least three examples of irony in the novel and how it is used to indicate events to come.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss symbolism and metaphor in Blue Moon. Give three examples of symbolism in the novel and discuss what the symbols are used to convey.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)