|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anita defeat Colin and his vampires at the lupanar?
2. What emotion does the vampire Colin feed off of?
3. How does Colin feel about Anita after the encounter between their two groups at the lupanar?
4. What does Anita think when she hears that Richard has been arrested in Tennessee?
5. What present does Verne give Anita at the beginning of Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence in Chapter 32 tells Anita the murdered woman was killed by a demon rather than a troll and how do the police respond to her suggestion of a demon?
2. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
3. In what ways is Nikki a mirror character for Anita?
4. How does the way Colin rules his vampires differ from the way Jean-Claude rules?
5. How does Anita free the demon in Chapter 45 and what is the demon's response when she does so?
6. In Chapter 4, when Jamil tells Anita that, as a human, she can't hold her own against the non-humans she's about to meet, how does Anita prove she can take care of herself?
7. What have the trolls been falsely accused of and why is someone wanting to get the trolls off their land?
8. Who is Mira, what is her role in the attack on Nathaniel, and what does Anita's comment about what she'd like done to Mira foreshadow?
9. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
10. In Chapter 7, what reveals to Anita that Sheriff Wilkes is involved in whatever is going on in Myerton?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of the supernatural in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say through her depiction of the supernatural in the novel? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of religion and ritual in Blue Moon. What do you think the author is trying to say about religion in society through this novel? What example of religious symbolism does the novel contain? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the depiction of women in Blue Moon. Are women in positions of leadership in the novel? What characteristics are ascribed to women in the novel? Do the men in the novel treat the women as equals or do they try to dominate them? Cite at least three examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)