|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard's profession?
2. Who does Sheriff Wilkes describe in Chapter 8 as "so clean he squeaks"?
3. How does Colin feel about Anita after the encounter between their two groups at the lupanar?
4. In Chapter 14, who does Asher say is the only one with a chance of healing Damian?
5. Who checks Nathaniel's pulse while he is being treated for the rotting corruption in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the wereleopards' relationship with their former leader, Gabriel, and how their relationship with Anita differs.
2. In Chapter 7, what reveals to Anita that Sheriff Wilkes is involved in whatever is going on in Myerton?
3. In Chapter 14, who does Asher suggest is behind the attack on Nathaniel and why does Asher think Nathaniel was attacked?
4. In Chapter 18, why can Anita not take retribution against Colin for the attack on Nathaniel?
5. Describe the clothing and the weapons that Anita wears when going to meet Colin and his vampires.
6. What supernatural creatures accompany Anita to Tennessee to assist Richard?
7. What special ability does the vampire Barnaby have and why does he use it to benefit Colin?
8. Explain the triumvirate between Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard.
9. Who is Mira, what is her role in the attack on Nathaniel, and what does Anita's comment about what she'd like done to Mira foreshadow?
10. Once the confrontation ends, how does Anita feel about the power she displays during her meeting with Colin and his vampires in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the three master vampires in the novel: Jean-Claude, Asher, and Colin. Include a discussion of their relationships with Anita. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Laurell K. Hamilton uses foreshadowing throughout Blue Moon. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing from the novel and discuss how foreshadowing is used in each example to indicate events that came later in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Anita Blake is the protagonist of the novel, yet she is also a vampire slayer and she chops off the fingers of Officer Thompson. Discuss the character of Anita and her role as protagonist or heroine. What are her character strengths and flaws? How do these strengths and flaws help and hinder her during the story? In what ways is she typical and in what ways is she atypical for a protagonist or heroine? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)