|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What supernatural creatures does Anita think might have committed the crime in Chapter 31 instead of the trolls?
2. Who is Roxanne?
(a) Richard's new girlfriend.
(b) Colin's human servant.
(c) Verne's lupa.
(d) Sheriff Wilkes's new deputy.
3. In Chapter 31, what do the police accuse the trolls of doing?
(a) Counterfeiting money.
(b) Strip mining the mountains for coal.
(c) Murdering a hiker and a local woman.
(d) Robbing tourists and hikers.
4. Who criticizes Anita for her violence toward Niley's messengers on the drive to where the kidnap victims are being held?
(a) Dr. Patrick.
5. What is the relationship of the two people Franklin Niley kidnaps in Chapter 42 to the triumvirate?
(a) They are Jean-Claude's favorite vampires.
(b) They are Richard's mother and brother.
(c) They are two of Anita's wereleopards.
(d) They are Anita's best human friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anita call at the beginning of Chapter 29 so she'll have an audio witness to her uninvited guest's visit?
2. In Chapter 25, which werewolf takes a bullet meant for Anita, thereby saving Anita's life?
3. How does Anita's increasing closeness to Richard affect the triumvirate?
4. Who searches Anita roughly in Chapter 29 in order to show Richard that he and Anita should leave town?
5. What does Anita urge the FBI agents to do to protect themselves from demonic attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow and why is she crying in Chapter 31?
2. What news do Donald and Officer Thompson bring Anita in Chapter 42 and what gruesome evidence do they bring to substantiate their story?
3. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
4. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
5. How does Anita save Asher's life in Chapter 41 and how does her action affect her relationship with Asher?
6. Why does Anita choose to be alone rather than with Richard or Jean-Claude at the end of the novel?
7. Why does Jean-Claude not discourage Richard's romantic pursuit of Anita?
8. Why does Franklin Niley want the land occupied by the trolls?
9. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
10. What protects Charlotte from the demon in Chapter 45?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)