|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Terry Fletcher sustain during the fight with Anita and her friends?
(a) He breaks a leg.
(b) He gets a black eye.
(c) He loses a tooth and gets a broken jaw.
(d) His arm is pulled off by one of the wereleopards.
2. How long is Franklin Niley going to wait for his messengers to return from Anita's before he starts torturing his kidnap victims further?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Half an hour.
3. What is the name of the man who seizes Anita and holds her hostage at gunpoint in Chapter 25 while his friends attack Jason?
(a) Adam Munroe.
(b) Terry Fletcher.
(d) Mel Cooper.
4. What does Marianne serve Roxanne in Chapter 40 to try to calm her?
5. What is Anita more concerned with at the end of the novel than pleasing Jean-Claude or Richard?
(a) Saving the trolls.
(b) Learning how to control her powers.
(c) Justice for the two kidnap victims.
(d) Protecting the wereleopards.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what has Milo Hart once been imprisoned?
2. What does Anita tell Verne he owes her for having Terry Fletcher killed when she promised Terry he would live?
3. In Chapter 31, what do the police accuse the trolls of doing?
4. What does Roxanne accuse Anita of doing?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 31, how long does Sheriff Wilkes give Richard and Anita to get out of town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence in Chapter 32 tells Anita the murdered woman was killed by a demon rather than a troll and how do the police respond to her suggestion of a demon?
2. Why does Anita choose to be alone rather than with Richard or Jean-Claude at the end of the novel?
3. In Chapter 28, what do Richard and Anita decide to do about their relationship?
4. What protects Charlotte from the demon in Chapter 45?
5. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
6. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow and why is she crying in Chapter 31?
7. Why does Anita kill Nikki in Chapter 41?
8. What secret does Damian reveal to Anita in Chapter 41?
9. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
10. Why does Jean-Claude not discourage Richard's romantic pursuit of Anita?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)