|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which vampire is able to enter Anita's mind at the end of Chapter 41?
2. What does Roxanne accuse Anita of doing?
(a) Practicing black magic.
(b) Murdering Colin's vampires.
(c) Insulting Verne.
(d) Stealing Richard from her.
3. What is the relationship of the two people Franklin Niley kidnaps in Chapter 42 to the triumvirate?
(a) They are Richard's mother and brother.
(b) They are two of Anita's wereleopards.
(c) They are Anita's best human friends.
(d) They are Jean-Claude's favorite vampires.
4. Who hits Anita in Chapter 29?
(b) Officer Maiden.
(c) Sheriff Wilkes.
5. What two law enforcement agencies are present at the crime scene in Chapter 32?
(a) The local sheriff's department and the state police.
(b) The local sheriff's department and the FBI.
(c) The US marshalls and the FBI.
(d) The FBI and the state police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita urge the FBI agents to do to protect themselves from demonic attack?
2. What does Niley threaten to do if Anita won't meet with him?
3. Why doesn't Anita want Roxanne to use her claws or teeth during their fight?
4. How does the speed with which werewolves heal compare to the speed with which humans heal?
5. According to Captain Henderson, to what can mental illness open a person up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Marianne and how does she suggest that Anita deal with Raina's munin in Chapter 25?
2. What wolf ability of Richard's does Anita discover in herself in Chapter 31 and how does she feel about this new skill?
3. Why does Anita choose to be alone rather than with Richard or Jean-Claude at the end of the novel?
4. In what ways is Nikki a mirror character for Anita?
5. Describe Anita's encounter in the woods with the five hired thugs from Myerton in Chapter 25.
6. What protects Charlotte from the demon in Chapter 45?
7. How does Franklin Niley convince Anita to meet with him?
8. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
9. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
10. Why does Howard Grant, Niley's psychic, switch sides in Chapter 44 and ally himself with Anita against Niley?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)