|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the speed with which werewolves heal compare to the speed with which humans heal?
(a) Werewolves heal much faster than humans.
(b) Werewolves heal at the same rate as humans.
(c) Werewolves heal instantaneously.
(d) Werewolves heal much slower than humans.
2. In Chapter 45, who is revealed to be an undercover federal agent?
(a) Officer Thompson.
(b) Howard Grant.
(c) Officer Maiden.
(d) Sheriff Wilkes.
3. Who criticizes Anita for her violence toward Niley's messengers on the drive to where the kidnap victims are being held?
(a) Dr. Patrick.
4. What does Marianne serve Roxanne in Chapter 40 to try to calm her?
5. Who is Dr. Patrick?
(a) The physician for Colin's vampires.
(b) A biologist researching trolls.
(c) The physician for Verne's werewolf pack.
(d) A high school principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 42, who brings Anita a message from Frank Niley?
2. What is the relationship of the two people Franklin Niley kidnaps in Chapter 42 to the triumvirate?
3. At the end of Chapter 30, what do Verne and Anita experience during the wolf rite in which they engage?
4. Who does the demon end up killing?
5. In Chapter 31, what do the police accuse the trolls of doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is Nikki a mirror character for Anita?
2. How do the sheriff and his deputies treat Anita and Richard in Chapter 29?
3. What secret does Damian reveal to Anita in Chapter 41?
4. How does Franklin Niley convince Anita to meet with him?
5. What news do Donald and Officer Thompson bring Anita in Chapter 42 and what gruesome evidence do they bring to substantiate their story?
6. Why does Jean-Claude not discourage Richard's romantic pursuit of Anita?
7. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
8. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
9. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
10. Why does Anita choose to be alone rather than with Richard or Jean-Claude at the end of the novel?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)