|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who knocks on Anita's cabin door at the beginning of Chapter 29?
(c) Sheriff Wilkes.
2. What is Roland's relationship to Marianne?
(a) He's her bodyguard.
(b) He's her son.
(c) He's her Ulfric.
(d) He's her friend.
3. What is the relationship of the two people Franklin Niley kidnaps in Chapter 42 to the triumvirate?
(a) They are Richard's mother and brother.
(b) They are two of Anita's wereleopards.
(c) They are Jean-Claude's favorite vampires.
(d) They are Anita's best human friends.
4. In Chapter 44, what does Howard Grant want in exchange for helping Anita?
(a) He wants to be made a werewolf.
(b) He wants Anita to refrain from killing him.
(c) He wants the power of Raina's munin for himself.
(d) He wants one hundred thousand dollars.
5. What is the human Beck plans to sacrifice to the demon doing while Beck chants to summon the demon?
(d) Begging for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the shapeshifters sense others in the woods with them in Chapter 25, what do Jason and Anita pretend to be while Jamil and the rest of ther group run ahead to the lupanar for help?
2. Whose blood do Niley and Linus Beck use to summon Beck's demon?
3. How long is Franklin Niley going to wait for his messengers to return from Anita's before he starts torturing his kidnap victims further?
4. From what type of disease is Anita immune because of the vampire marks Jean-Claude has given her?
5. Why do Anita and Damian have such a strong bond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
2. Why does Jean-Claude not discourage Richard's romantic pursuit of Anita?
3. How do the sheriff and his deputies treat Anita and Richard in Chapter 29?
4. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
5. Who is Roxanne and why is she angry with Anita?
6. Who does Franklin Niley bring with him when he meets Anita in Chapter 35?
7. Describe the phone call Anita receives in Chapter 37 from her policeman friend Dolph.
8. What wolf ability of Richard's does Anita discover in herself in Chapter 31 and how does she feel about this new skill?
9. What evidence in Chapter 32 tells Anita the murdered woman was killed by a demon rather than a troll and how do the police respond to her suggestion of a demon?
10. What protects Charlotte from the demon in Chapter 45?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)