|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the police do to the trolls if they can prove the trolls have committed the crime they're accused of committing?
(a) Fine them a large amount of money.
(b) Drive them underground into caves.
(c) Kill them or ship them off to zoos.
(d) Put them in prison.
2. According to Captain Henderson, to what can mental illness open a person up?
(a) Manipulation by others.
(b) Contact with extraterrestrials.
(c) Demonic possession.
(d) Psychic abilities.
3. How long is Franklin Niley going to wait for his messengers to return from Anita's before he starts torturing his kidnap victims further?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two hours.
4. In Chapter 44, what does Howard Grant want in exchange for helping Anita?
(a) He wants Anita to refrain from killing him.
(b) He wants one hundred thousand dollars.
(c) He wants to be made a werewolf.
(d) He wants the power of Raina's munin for himself.
5. Who is Roxanne?
(a) Sheriff Wilkes's new deputy.
(b) Verne's lupa.
(c) Richard's new girlfriend.
(d) Colin's human servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 31, how long does Sheriff Wilkes give Richard and Anita to get out of town?
2. Why doesn't Anita want Roxanne to use her claws or teeth during their fight?
3. In Chapter 25, who do Jason and the wereleopards sense in the woods with them and Anita?
4. What does Anita tell Verne he owes her for having Terry Fletcher killed when she promised Terry he would live?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe Roxanne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anita choose to be alone rather than with Richard or Jean-Claude at the end of the novel?
2. Who is Marianne and how does she suggest that Anita deal with Raina's munin in Chapter 25?
3. Why does Franklin Niley want the land occupied by the trolls?
4. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
5. What plan do Richard and Anita devise to appease the sheriff in Chapter 29?
6. How do the sheriff and his deputies treat Anita and Richard in Chapter 29?
7. Who does Franklin Niley bring with him when he meets Anita in Chapter 35?
8. What news do Donald and Officer Thompson bring Anita in Chapter 42 and what gruesome evidence do they bring to substantiate their story?
9. Who is Roxanne and why is she angry with Anita?
10. What secret does Officer Maiden reveal about himself in Chapter 45?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)