|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Anita declare her love in Chapter 27?
2. What lie has Verne told Roxanne to make her jealous?
(a) That Anita is a better fighter than Roxanne.
(b) That Anita is in love with him.
(c) That Anita is prettier than Roxanne.
(d) That Anita has more magical powers than Roxanne.
3. In Chapter 31, what do the police accuse the trolls of doing?
(a) Murdering a hiker and a local woman.
(b) Robbing tourists and hikers.
(c) Strip mining the mountains for coal.
(d) Counterfeiting money.
4. Who is Howard Grant?
(a) A clairvoyant hired by Franklin Niley.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A necromancer.
(d) A scientist researching trolls.
5. What does Anita do to warn Roxanne she will kill her if necessary?
(a) Summons her vampire friends.
(b) Fires a gunshot in her direction.
(c) Gives her a few karate moves.
(d) Throws a knife in her direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Franklin Niley call Anita at the crime scene in Chapter 33?
2. What does Dolph tell Anita that Franklin Niley does professionally?
3. What injury does Terry Fletcher sustain during the fight with Anita and her friends?
4. With whom does Anita choose to spend time at the end of the novel instead of with the other two members of the triumvirate?
5. Who claims to not have known what Niley was going to do to his kidnap victims?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jean-Claude not discourage Richard's romantic pursuit of Anita?
2. How does Anita save Asher's life in Chapter 41 and how does her action affect her relationship with Asher?
3. How does Anita free the demon in Chapter 45 and what is the demon's response when she does so?
4. Why does Franklin Niley want the land occupied by the trolls?
5. Why doesn't Richard want to leave town when it's clear the sheriff wants him to do so?
6. Why is Anita jealous of Dr. Carrie Onslow?
7. In Chapter 28, what do Richard and Anita decide to do about their relationship?
8. What evidence in Chapter 32 tells Anita the murdered woman was killed by a demon rather than a troll and how do the police respond to her suggestion of a demon?
9. Why does Anita kill Nikki in Chapter 41?
10. Describe Anita's encounter in the woods with the five hired thugs from Myerton in Chapter 25.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)