|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard's profession?
(a) He's a teacher.
(b) He's a musician.
(c) He's a professional baseball player.
(d) He's a physician.
2. What is a leoparde lionne?
(a) A leopard who protects the other leopards.
(b) The king of the leopards.
(c) A gray leopard.
(d) A golden leopard.
3. In Chapter 10, what startling fact does Anita notice about her bruised skin?
(a) The bruises cover her entire face.
(b) It's healing much quicker than a normal human should.
(c) It's a hideous shade of purple.
(d) It's worse than the day before.
4. What happens to Damian's hands at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) His hands get giant blisters on them.
(b) His hands bleed.
(c) His hands become paralyzed.
(d) The skin on his hands begins to peel off.
5. In Chapter 7, what does Officer Maiden advise that Anita do once Richard makes bail?
(a) Execute the local master vampire.
(b) Beware of werewolves.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Attend the local square dance that evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Sheriff Wilkes say will get Richard out of trouble and get the charges against him to disappear?
2. What is a night hag?
3. How does Anita save Damian?
4. In Chapter 17, who does Colin think has come to Myerton to replace him as master of the city?
5. Who is Richard's lupa?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why does Damian begin to rot, and why is Anita the only one who can save his life?
2. Do Verne and his werewolves side with Colin or Anita when Anita clashes with Colin?
3. Who is Mira, what is her role in the attack on Nathaniel, and what does Anita's comment about what she'd like done to Mira foreshadow?
4. What is Anita's job and what is ironic about her job and her boyfriend?
5. In Chapter 10, what new abilities and sensations does Anita discover in herself due to her bond with Jean-Claude?
6. Explain what Nimira-ra means and how Anita has become the Nimir-ra to the wereleopards.
7. Once the confrontation ends, how does Anita feel about the power she displays during her meeting with Colin and his vampires in Chapter 20?
8. How does the way Colin rules his vampires differ from the way Jean-Claude rules?
9. What does Officer Maiden's warning to Anita in Chapter 7 foreshadow?
10. In Chapter 7, what reveals to Anita that Sheriff Wilkes is involved in whatever is going on in Myerton?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)