|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose blood do Niley and Linus Beck use to summon Beck's demon?
(b) Charlotte Zeeman's.
2. Which werewolf in Richard's pack is a city wolf who wears dress shoes and black dress slacks in the woods instead of more practical jeans and sneakers?
3. Whose hair does Marianne want Anita to brush in Chapter 37?
4. What does Niley think is buried on the land the trolls occupy?
(a) The grimoire, or spellbook, of a powerful sorceress.
(b) A treasure chest filled with gold.
(c) A treasure map.
(d) The lance that pierced Christ's side.
5. Who is Marianne?
(a) One of Jean-Claude's vampires.
(b) A woman Richard is dating.
(c) Verne's lupa.
(d) The vargamor of Verne's wolf pack.
6. Who claims to not have known what Niley was going to do to his kidnap victims?
(b) Sheriff Wilkes.
(c) Donald the vampire.
(d) Officer Thompson.
7. With whom does Anita choose to spend time at the end of the novel instead of with the other two members of the triumvirate?
8. At the end of Chapter 30, what do Verne and Anita experience during the wolf rite in which they engage?
(a) Great fear of the munins.
(b) An overwhelming sensation of each other's power.
(c) A desire to make peace.
(d) A desire to fight.
9. Why is it difficult for Richard to control his ability to change into a wolf in Chapter 27?
(a) Being around other wolves makes him want to be a wolf.
(b) It's close to the full moon.
(c) Linus Beck has cast an evil spell on him.
(d) He's angry, and anger makes him lose control of his powers.
10. What does Anita see carved on a circle of trees in Chapter 32?
(c) Her name.
11. Why does Franklin Niley call Anita at the crime scene in Chapter 33?
(a) To make a deal with her.
(b) To threaten her.
(c) To arrange a meeting with her.
(d) To ask her out on a date.
12. What sound do Richard and Anita hear in the woods at the beginning of Chapter 31?
(a) A woman crying.
(b) The rustle of vampire wings in flight.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Trolls laughing.
13. Who is Dr. Patrick?
(a) A high school principal.
(b) The physician for Colin's vampires.
(c) A biologist researching trolls.
(d) The physician for Verne's werewolf pack.
14. Who does Anita call at the beginning of Chapter 29 so she'll have an audio witness to her uninvited guest's visit?
(d) Her cop friend Sergeant Dolph Storr.
15. Why do Anita and Damian have such a strong bond?
(a) They are both necromancers.
(b) They both love Jean-Claude.
(c) Anita has raised Damian from the dead twice.
(d) Damian is Anita's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, which werewolf takes a bullet meant for Anita, thereby saving Anita's life?
2. What will the police do to the trolls if they can prove the trolls have committed the crime they're accused of committing?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 31, what strange new wolf ability does Anita notice she has developed?
4. What stops Roxanne's fight with Anita in Chapter 40?
5. What is Roland's relationship to Marianne?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)