|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Anita choose to spend time at the end of the novel instead of with the other two members of the triumvirate?
2. What do the carvings on the trees in Chapter 32 indicate?
(a) Someone has invoked a circle of protection to perform magic.
(b) Fairies are in the woods.
(c) Someone hates Anita.
(d) Someone hates Myerton.
3. Which vampire is able to enter Anita's mind at the end of Chapter 41?
4. What does Anita do in Chapter 42 to get him to get Niley's messengers to reveal the location of the kidnap victims?
(a) She ties them up and takes them prisoner.
(b) She lets the werewolves fight them face-to-face.
(c) She shoots them both.
(d) She shoots Donald and cuts off Thompson's fingers.
5. Who hits Anita in Chapter 29?
(a) Officer Maiden.
(d) Sheriff Wilkes.
6. What does Niley threaten to do if Anita won't meet with him?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Kill Richard.
(c) Blame the Myerton murders on Richard instead of the trolls.
(d) Have her arrested for the Myerton murders.
7. Who is Howard Grant?
(a) A clairvoyant hired by Franklin Niley.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A scientist researching trolls.
(d) A necromancer.
8. In Chapter 45, who is revealed to be an undercover federal agent?
(a) Officer Thompson.
(b) Sheriff Wilkes.
(c) Officer Maiden.
(d) Howard Grant.
9. For what has Milo Hart once been imprisoned?
(b) Attempted murder.
(d) Driving while intoxicated.
10. Who is Belle Morte?
(a) Colin's vampire girlfriend.
(b) Beautiful Death, the vampire who made Jean-Claude & Asher.
(c) The master vampire of San Francisco.
(d) Verne's lupa.
11. Who does the demon end up killing?
(a) Daniel Zeeman.
(b) Officer Thompson.
(c) Linus Beck.
(d) Howard Grant.
12. According to Captain Henderson, to what can mental illness open a person up?
(a) Demonic possession.
(b) Psychic abilities.
(c) Manipulation by others.
(d) Contact with extraterrestrials.
13. At the end of Chapter 30, what do Verne and Anita experience during the wolf rite in which they engage?
(a) A desire to fight.
(b) An overwhelming sensation of each other's power.
(c) A desire to make peace.
(d) Great fear of the munins.
14. What is the name of the man who seizes Anita and holds her hostage at gunpoint in Chapter 25 while his friends attack Jason?
(a) Adam Munroe.
(b) Terry Fletcher.
(d) Mel Cooper.
15. What will the police do to the trolls if they can prove the trolls have committed the crime they're accused of committing?
(a) Drive them underground into caves.
(b) Put them in prison.
(c) Fine them a large amount of money.
(d) Kill them or ship them off to zoos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two law enforcement agencies are present at the crime scene in Chapter 32?
2. Who is Dr. Patrick?
3. Where is Anita when Roxanne bursts into her cabin in Chapter 39?
4. Who claims to not have known what Niley was going to do to his kidnap victims?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 31, what strange new wolf ability does Anita notice she has developed?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)