|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the human Beck plans to sacrifice to the demon doing while Beck chants to summon the demon?
(a) Begging for help.
2. How does Marianne advise Anita to deal with the munin trying to possess her?
(a) By embracing rather than resisting it.
(b) By wearing a magic amulet to repel it.
(c) By becoming fully lukoi or werewolf.
(d) By sprinkling holy water on the munin's grave.
3. What lie has Verne told Roxanne to make her jealous?
(a) That Anita is a better fighter than Roxanne.
(b) That Anita has more magical powers than Roxanne.
(c) That Anita is in love with him.
(d) That Anita is prettier than Roxanne.
4. Who claims to not have known what Niley was going to do to his kidnap victims?
(a) Sheriff Wilkes.
(c) Officer Thompson.
(d) Donald the vampire.
5. What happens to people who become involved with Franklin NIley?
(a) They are turned into vampires.
(b) They become very wealthy.
(c) They fall in love with him.
(d) They tend to die mysteriously.
6. Who searches Anita roughly in Chapter 29 in order to show Richard that he and Anita should leave town?
(b) Franklin Niley.
(c) Officer Thompson.
(d) Officer Maiden.
7. At the end of Chapter 30, what do Verne and Anita experience during the wolf rite in which they engage?
(a) A desire to fight.
(b) An overwhelming sensation of each other's power.
(c) A desire to make peace.
(d) Great fear of the munins.
8. What does Dolph tell Anita that Franklin Niley does professionally?
(a) He's a vampire slayer like Anita.
(b) He's an art dealer who specializes in mystical artifacts.
(c) He's a scientist.
(d) He's a psychic.
9. Whose blood do Niley and Linus Beck use to summon Beck's demon?
(a) Charlotte Zeeman's.
10. With whom does Anita choose to spend time at the end of the novel instead of with the other two members of the triumvirate?
11. What does Anita do in Chapter 42 to get him to get Niley's messengers to reveal the location of the kidnap victims?
(a) She shoots Donald and cuts off Thompson's fingers.
(b) She shoots them both.
(c) She lets the werewolves fight them face-to-face.
(d) She ties them up and takes them prisoner.
12. Who is Dr. Patrick?
(a) The physician for Verne's werewolf pack.
(b) A biologist researching trolls.
(c) The physician for Colin's vampires.
(d) A high school principal.
13. What is the name of the man who seizes Anita and holds her hostage at gunpoint in Chapter 25 while his friends attack Jason?
(a) Terry Fletcher.
(b) Adam Munroe.
(c) Mel Cooper.
14. How do the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel respond at the crime scene in Chapter 32?
(a) They vomit.
(b) They faint.
(c) They shiver in fear and refuse to approach the scene.
(d) They scream.
15. How long is Franklin Niley going to wait for his messengers to return from Anita's before he starts torturing his kidnap victims further?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Twenty-four hours.
(d) Four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 31, how long does Sheriff Wilkes give Richard and Anita to get out of town?
2. In Chapter 31, what do the police accuse the trolls of doing?
3. Who slaps Anita at the end of Chapter 40 out of jealousy over Richard?
4. Who jerks Anita's phone out of the wall in Chapter 29 so she can't phone for help?
5. Who does Terry Fletcher say has hired him and his friends to attack Anita and the shapeshifters?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)