|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Richard want to leave Myerton?
(a) He wants to become Ulfric of Myerton's wolf pack.
(b) He fears the sheriff will kill the trolls.
(c) He likes the fishing and hiking in the mountains around town.
(d) He wants to take over Colin's territory for Jean-Claude.
2. Where is Anita when Roxanne bursts into her cabin in Chapter 39?
(a) In jail.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the lupanar.
(d) In the bathtub.
3. What does Niley think is buried on the land the trolls occupy?
(a) A treasure chest filled with gold.
(b) The grimoire, or spellbook, of a powerful sorceress.
(c) The lance that pierced Christ's side.
(d) A treasure map.
4. What is Roland's relationship to Marianne?
(a) He's her Ulfric.
(b) He's her bodyguard.
(c) He's her son.
(d) He's her friend.
5. What does Anita do in Chapter 42 to get him to get Niley's messengers to reveal the location of the kidnap victims?
(a) She shoots them both.
(b) She ties them up and takes them prisoner.
(c) She shoots Donald and cuts off Thompson's fingers.
(d) She lets the werewolves fight them face-to-face.
6. Who is Belle Morte?
(a) Colin's vampire girlfriend.
(b) Verne's lupa.
(c) Beautiful Death, the vampire who made Jean-Claude & Asher.
(d) The master vampire of San Francisco.
7. With whom does Anita choose to spend time at the end of the novel instead of with the other two members of the triumvirate?
8. What do the spirits tell Niley that coming directly against Anita will bring him?
(c) Severe injury.
9. What does Anita urge the FBI agents to do to protect themselves from demonic attack?
(a) Shoot the demon.
(b) Wear crosses.
(c) Stab the demon.
10. According to Captain Henderson, to what can mental illness open a person up?
(a) Demonic possession.
(b) Psychic abilities.
(c) Contact with extraterrestrials.
(d) Manipulation by others.
11. What does Dolph advise Anita to do to Franklin Niley if she gets the chance?
(a) Videotape him to have evidence to use against him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Invest her money with him.
(d) Use magic against him.
12. Who is Howard Grant?
(a) A clairvoyant hired by Franklin Niley.
(b) A scientist researching trolls.
(c) A necromancer.
(d) A reporter.
13. What supernatural creatures does Anita think might have committed the crime in Chapter 31 instead of the trolls?
14. What does Anita see carved on a circle of trees in Chapter 32?
(a) Her name.
15. What lie has Verne told Roxanne to make her jealous?
(a) That Anita is a better fighter than Roxanne.
(b) That Anita is in love with him.
(c) That Anita has more magical powers than Roxanne.
(d) That Anita is prettier than Roxanne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Franklin Niley going to wait for his messengers to return from Anita's before he starts torturing his kidnap victims further?
2. What does Roxanne accuse Anita of doing?
3. What is the relationship of the two people Franklin Niley kidnaps in Chapter 42 to the triumvirate?
4. What sound do Richard and Anita hear in the woods at the beginning of Chapter 31?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 31, how long does Sheriff Wilkes give Richard and Anita to get out of town?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)