|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel respond at the crime scene in Chapter 32?
(a) They shiver in fear and refuse to approach the scene.
(b) They faint.
(c) They vomit.
(d) They scream.
2. In Chapter 25, who do Jason and the wereleopards sense in the woods with them and Anita?
(a) Verne and his wolf pack.
(b) The men who attacked them in Myerton the previous day.
(c) Sheriff Wilkes and his deputies.
(d) Colin and Barnaby.
3. How does Anita's increasing closeness to Richard affect the triumvirate?
(a) It decreases Anita's closeness with Jean-Claude.
(b) It increases Richard's power.
(c) It binds the entire triumvirate more closely together.
(d) It decreases the power of the entire triumvirate.
4. What does Anita do in Chapter 42 to get him to get Niley's messengers to reveal the location of the kidnap victims?
(a) She shoots Donald and cuts off Thompson's fingers.
(b) She ties them up and takes them prisoner.
(c) She shoots them both.
(d) She lets the werewolves fight them face-to-face.
5. What does Niley think is buried on the land the trolls occupy?
(a) A treasure chest filled with gold.
(b) The grimoire, or spellbook, of a powerful sorceress.
(c) A treasure map.
(d) The lance that pierced Christ's side.
6. Who hits Anita in Chapter 29?
(a) Officer Maiden.
(b) Sheriff Wilkes.
7. What do the spirits tell Niley that coming directly against Anita will bring him?
(b) Severe injury.
8. What sound do Richard and Anita hear in the woods at the beginning of Chapter 31?
(a) The rustle of vampire wings in flight.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A woman crying.
(d) Trolls laughing.
9. Who jerks Anita's phone out of the wall in Chapter 29 so she can't phone for help?
(c) Sheriff Wilkes.
10. How does the speed with which werewolves heal compare to the speed with which humans heal?
(a) Werewolves heal much faster than humans.
(b) Werewolves heal at the same rate as humans.
(c) Werewolves heal instantaneously.
(d) Werewolves heal much slower than humans.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 42, who brings Anita a message from Frank Niley?
(a) A vampire named Donald & Officer Thompson.
(d) Sheriff Wilkes.
12. Who is Dr. Patrick?
(a) The physician for Colin's vampires.
(b) The physician for Verne's werewolf pack.
(c) A high school principal.
(d) A biologist researching trolls.
13. What injury does Terry Fletcher sustain during the fight with Anita and her friends?
(a) He breaks a leg.
(b) He gets a black eye.
(c) He loses a tooth and gets a broken jaw.
(d) His arm is pulled off by one of the wereleopards.
14. What does Anita tell Verne he owes her for having Terry Fletcher killed when she promised Terry he would live?
(a) A big favor.
(b) A million dollars.
(c) Protection while she's in Myerton.
(d) The death of one of his wolves.
15. Who is Roxanne?
(a) Richard's new girlfriend.
(b) Colin's human servant.
(c) Verne's lupa.
(d) Sheriff Wilkes's new deputy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what do the police accuse the trolls of doing?
2. Why does Franklin Niley call Anita at the crime scene in Chapter 33?
3. What does Anita do to warn Roxanne she will kill her if necessary?
4. Who is Belle Morte?
5. How long is Franklin Niley going to wait for his messengers to return from Anita's before he starts torturing his kidnap victims further?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)