|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Richard to control his ability to change into a wolf in Chapter 27?
(a) Linus Beck has cast an evil spell on him.
(b) It's close to the full moon.
(c) Being around other wolves makes him want to be a wolf.
(d) He's angry, and anger makes him lose control of his powers.
2. Who does Anita call at the beginning of Chapter 29 so she'll have an audio witness to her uninvited guest's visit?
(c) Her cop friend Sergeant Dolph Storr.
3. How do the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel respond at the crime scene in Chapter 32?
(a) They shiver in fear and refuse to approach the scene.
(b) They faint.
(c) They scream.
(d) They vomit.
4. How does Anita's increasing closeness to Richard affect the triumvirate?
(a) It binds the entire triumvirate more closely together.
(b) It decreases the power of the entire triumvirate.
(c) It decreases Anita's closeness with Jean-Claude.
(d) It increases Richard's power.
5. How does the speed with which werewolves heal compare to the speed with which humans heal?
(a) Werewolves heal instantaneously.
(b) Werewolves heal much slower than humans.
(c) Werewolves heal at the same rate as humans.
(d) Werewolves heal much faster than humans.
6. What do the carvings on the trees in Chapter 32 indicate?
(a) Someone has invoked a circle of protection to perform magic.
(b) Fairies are in the woods.
(c) Someone hates Myerton.
(d) Someone hates Anita.
7. Who jerks Anita's phone out of the wall in Chapter 29 so she can't phone for help?
(d) Sheriff Wilkes.
8. What does Anita tell her shapeshifters to do with Terry Fletcher after she questions him in Chapter 26?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Take him hostage for Verne and the wolves.
(c) Handcuff him and leave him for the sheriff to arrest.
(d) Take him to the hospital for treatment of his injuries.
9. Which vampire helps the police track down Anita in Chapter 42?
(a) Belle Morte.
10. Who criticizes Anita for her violence toward Niley's messengers on the drive to where the kidnap victims are being held?
(b) Dr. Patrick.
11. Who is Dr. Carrie Onslow?
(a) The head biologist on the troll research project.
(b) A vampire physician for Colin's group.
(c) A werewolf physician for Verne's pack.
(d) A human physician in Myerton.
12. Who hits Anita in Chapter 29?
(c) Sheriff Wilkes.
(d) Officer Maiden.
13. What supernatural creatures does Anita think might have committed the crime in Chapter 31 instead of the trolls?
14. What is Anita more concerned with at the end of the novel than pleasing Jean-Claude or Richard?
(a) Justice for the two kidnap victims.
(b) Learning how to control her powers.
(c) Protecting the wereleopards.
(d) Saving the trolls.
15. In Chapter 44, what does Howard Grant want in exchange for helping Anita?
(a) He wants Anita to refrain from killing him.
(b) He wants to be made a werewolf.
(c) He wants one hundred thousand dollars.
(d) He wants the power of Raina's munin for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 31, what strange new wolf ability does Anita notice she has developed?
2. What does Anita do to warn Roxanne she will kill her if necessary?
3. When the shapeshifters sense others in the woods with them in Chapter 25, what do Jason and Anita pretend to be while Jamil and the rest of ther group run ahead to the lupanar for help?
4. In Chapter 45, who is revealed to be an undercover federal agent?
5. What does Dolph tell Anita that Franklin Niley does professionally?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)