|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 45, who is revealed to be an undercover federal agent?
(a) Officer Maiden.
(b) Howard Grant.
(c) Officer Thompson.
(d) Sheriff Wilkes.
2. What do the carvings on the trees in Chapter 32 indicate?
(a) Someone has invoked a circle of protection to perform magic.
(b) Fairies are in the woods.
(c) Someone hates Anita.
(d) Someone hates Myerton.
3. Who is Marianne?
(a) A woman Richard is dating.
(b) Verne's lupa.
(c) One of Jean-Claude's vampires.
(d) The vargamor of Verne's wolf pack.
4. Who is in charge of the crime scene in Chapter 32?
(b) Captain Henderson of the state police.
(c) Sheriff Wilkes.
(d) Officer Maiden.
5. What does Niley think is buried on the land the trolls occupy?
(a) A treasure chest filled with gold.
(b) A treasure map.
(c) The grimoire, or spellbook, of a powerful sorceress.
(d) The lance that pierced Christ's side.
6. What is Roland's relationship to Marianne?
(a) He's her son.
(b) He's her friend.
(c) He's her bodyguard.
(d) He's her Ulfric.
7. Why doesn't Anita want Roxanne to use her claws or teeth during their fight?
(a) A werewolf's claws and teeth are deadly.
(b) A werewolf's bite or clawing could turn Anita into a werewolf.
(c) Anita doesn't like germs.
(d) Anita prefers guns and knives in a fight.
8. According to Captain Henderson, to what can mental illness open a person up?
(a) Contact with extraterrestrials.
(b) Demonic possession.
(c) Manipulation by others.
(d) Psychic abilities.
9. What sound do Richard and Anita hear in the woods at the beginning of Chapter 31?
(a) The rustle of vampire wings in flight.
(b) A woman crying.
(c) Trolls laughing.
(d) A gunshot.
10. Who jerks Anita's phone out of the wall in Chapter 29 so she can't phone for help?
(a) Sheriff Wilkes.
11. What stops Roxanne's fight with Anita in Chapter 40?
(a) Verne and Jason break up the fight.
(b) Marianne threatens Roxanne with a silver bullet.
(c) Verne admits he has lied about Anita.
(d) Richard pours cold water on the battling females.
12. How does Marianne advise Anita to deal with the munin trying to possess her?
(a) By wearing a magic amulet to repel it.
(b) By embracing rather than resisting it.
(c) By becoming fully lukoi or werewolf.
(d) By sprinkling holy water on the munin's grave.
13. How long is Franklin Niley going to wait for his messengers to return from Anita's before he starts torturing his kidnap victims further?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Twenty-four hours.
(d) Two hours.
14. Who declares love for Anita in Chapter 27?
15. Who is Roxanne?
(a) Colin's human servant.
(b) Sheriff Wilkes's new deputy.
(c) Richard's new girlfriend.
(d) Verne's lupa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Franklin Niley call Anita at the crime scene in Chapter 33?
2. What injury does Terry Fletcher sustain during the fight with Anita and her friends?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 31, how long does Sheriff Wilkes give Richard and Anita to get out of town?
4. In Chapter 25, who do Jason and the wereleopards sense in the woods with them and Anita?
5. Who claims to not have known what Niley was going to do to his kidnap victims?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)