|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affect does physical closeness have on wereleopards?
(a) It enhances their clairvoyance.
(b) It heals them.
(c) It makes them shift into their animal personas.
(d) It makes them anxious and afraid.
2. What is Richard's profession?
(a) He's a professional baseball player.
(b) He's a musician.
(c) He's a physician.
(d) He's a teacher.
3. What is an Ulfric?
(a) A spell to turn someone into a werewolf.
(b) A talisman against vampires.
(c) A werewolf king.
(d) A Celtic musician.
4. Who breaks the truce between Colin's group of vampires and Anita's in Chapter 20?
5. Why does Anita telephone her friend Catherine at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) To invite Catherine to visit her in St. Louis.
(b) To ask Catherine to recommend an attorney for Richard.
(c) To ask Catherine to go to Tennessee to help Richard.
(d) To share the news about her engagement to Richard.
6. How does Anita save Damian?
(a) By giving him a blood transfusion in the hospital.
(b) By giving him holy water to cleanse his blood.
(c) By letting him drink her blood.
(d) By administering a new vaccine to him.
7. Which of the following does not describe Damian?
(a) Red hair.
(b) Green eyes.
(c) He belongs to Anita since she raised him from the dead.
(d) He walks with a cane.
8. What is Damian before he becomes a vampire?
(a) A Greek slave.
(b) A Viking.
(c) A Roman centurion.
(d) A French knight during the Middle Ages.
9. Who does Sheriff Wilkes describe in Chapter 8 as "so clean he squeaks"?
(d) Mel Cooper.
10. What is Anita's relationship with Jean-Claude?
(a) She's his girlfriend.
(b) She's his co-worker.
(c) She's his sister.
(d) She's his neighbor.
11. What color is Asher's hair?
12. In Chapter 8, what does the fact that she was ambushed right across from the police station indicate to Anita?
(a) That her attackers knew the police wouldn't stop them.
(b) That Myerton doesn't have enough police officers.
(c) That her attackers are police officers.
(d) That Myerton is a dangerous town.
13. What do Colin and Jean-Claude have in common?
(a) They both collect French art.
(b) They both love Anita.
(c) They both invest in real estate.
(d) They're both master or head vampires for their towns.
14. What bar do Anita and Richard visit in Chapter 11?
(a) The Creole Cafe.
(b) The Happy Cowboy.
(c) The Flying Dutchman.
(d) The Sultan's Palace.
15. How could a master vampire save Damian?
(a) By summoning him from his coffin as the sun goes down.
(b) By drinking his blood to drink the corruption away.
(c) By letting Damian drink the master vampire's blood.
(d) By sending him healing thoughts and healing energy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, why does Asher think Colin has caused Nathaniel's contamination?
2. What emotion does the vampire Colin feed off of?
3. What is a lion passant?
4. In what location does the first scene of the novel occur?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Sheriff Wilkes say will get Richard out of trouble and get the charges against him to disappear?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)