• Vampire slayer Anita Blake is in love with Jean-Claude, the master vampire of St. Louis, Missouri.
• Anita is awakened from a dream by a phone call Daniel Zeeman, the youngest brother of her former fiancé, Richard Zeeman.
• Richard is a werewolf, now Ulfric, or leader, of the local pack and is the third member of a triumvirate, or power triangle, created by Jean-Claude when he gives three of the four marks of a vampire to Anita and Richard.
• The fourth mark would make them immortal, and both Richard and Anita cherish the small bit of humanity they maintained.
• Daniel tells Anita that Richard has been arrested and jailed in a small town in Tennessee for attempted rape and needs her help.
• Richard is a werewolf, a full moon is five days away, and if his secret is revealed he will lose his job as a...
This section contains 3,817 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)