|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scully and the cowboy describe __________________ .
2. What does Scully assure Johnnie after the fight?
3. Who becomes the referee for the fight?
4. Where do the men decide to hold the fight?
5. Scully tells the cowboy that it ________________________ to fight the Swede.
Essay Topic 1
Antagonism takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of the cowboy. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the story's title. What did the author mean by calling the book THE BLUE HOTEL? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)