Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Swede leaves, Scully and _____________ both share that they would like to fight the Swede.
2. What do all four card players do at once?
3. Who is the man who accuses someone of cheating?
4. How many patrons are in the saloon?
5. On whose shoulder does the Swede place his hand?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of alienation. Identify at least two instances about alienation in the book and then cite an examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Crane uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Johnnie and the Swede. What are their roles within the story? Why is there such animosity between the two?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)