|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Swede tells Scully that maybe Scully _______________________.
2. The patrons are _________________ and refuse to drink with the Swede.
3. What role has Scully maintained throughout the story?
4. Why do the men have trouble hearing each other outside?
5. What does the Swede stare at blankly from the floor?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Scully, Johnnie, the Easterner and the cowboy. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Scully. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)