Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Swede leaves, Scully and _____________ both share that they would like to fight the Swede.
2. What do all four card players do at once?
3. Who is the man who accuses someone of cheating?
4. How many patrons are in the saloon?
5. On whose shoulder does the Swede place his hand?
Essay Topic 1
Crane is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Johnnie and the Swede. What are their roles within the story? Why is there such animosity between the two?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Scully, Johnnie, the Easterner and the cowboy. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)