|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not occur after the accusation of cheating occurs?
2. The Swede is convinced he will be fighting ________________.
3. Who becomes the referee for the fight?
4. What does Johnnie say to the accusations that he has cheated?
5. Who is the man who accuses someone of cheating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Antagonism takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of the Swede. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
How does the Swede change over the course of the story? Why does the author make his character so volatile? Is there any significance to his ethnic and cultural background? Explain.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)