Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Swede leaves, Scully and _____________ both share that they would like to fight the Swede.
2. What do all four card players do at once?
3. Who is the man who accuses someone of cheating?
4. How many patrons are in the saloon?
5. On whose shoulder does the Swede place his hand?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the story's title. What did the author mean by calling the book THE BLUE HOTEL? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of the Swede. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Crane uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)