|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Swede says that he is no __________________.
2. What does Scully offer and the Swede declines?
3. What do the other men think of the Swede?
(a) He is stressed.
(b) He is boasting.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He is crazy.
4. What is the name of Scully's older son?
5. Where are the men seated as they discuss the situation with the Swede?
(a) In the Easterner's room.
(b) In the restaurant.
(c) In the saloon.
(d) By the stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scully go to the Swede's room?
2. What does the Swede reply when Johnnie asks him what he meant by his outrageous statement?
3. What question does Scully ask the Swede?
4. What does Johnnie call the Swede?
5. What is Scully's son doing when the men enter the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Easterner and the cowboy view the Swede differently?
2. How do the cowboy, the Easterner and Johnnie react to the Swede's unusual behavior?
3. Why do Stephen Crane's works enjoy such a wide and varied audience?
4. How does the Swede's behavior escalate into even more bizarre behavior after the men declare that they don't know why he made such a startling statement about men being killed in that room?
5. How does the Swede react to the whiskey offered to him by Scully?
6. For what is Stephen Crane best known in his writing style?
7. How does the cowboy react to the Swede's unusual statement?
8. What happens after the farmer leaves a card game he had been playing with Scully's son, Johnnie?
9. Why is the Swede a difficult character to grasp?
10. What is the real name of the Blue Hotel and who is the proprietor?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)