|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the game, the Swede says, "I suppose there have been a good many ______________ in this room."
(a) Card games.
(b) Men killed.
2. What are Scully and the Swede doing when they enter the room?
3. The cowboy doesn't think the Swede is ______________.
(a) A Swede.
(b) Very noble.
(c) A good card player.
(d) Very smart.
4. THE BLUE HOTEL is a story of how many men?
5. The Swede becomes a partner with ________________ in a new card game.
(a) A cook.
(b) A shoe repairman.
(c) A dry goods store owner.
(d) The Easterner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scully yell at Johnnie?
2. What question does Scully ask the Swede?
3. Who serves the noon day meal?
4. In what season of the year does THE BLUE HOTEL take place?
5. What question does the Swede ask Scully?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Swede's demeanor when he reenters the room with Scully?
2. For what is Stephen Crane best known in his writing style?
3. Why does Scully go to the Swede's room?
4. What does Scully retrieve from under the bed in his room?
5. What is the real name of the Blue Hotel and who is the proprietor?
6. What is Scully's response to the men who want to know why Scully tolerates the insufferable Swede?
7. How does the Swede's behavior escalate into even more bizarre behavior after the men declare that they don't know why he made such a startling statement about men being killed in that room?
8. How do the cowboy, the Easterner and Johnnie react to the Swede's unusual behavior?
9. How could Scully be characterized?
10. How does Scully try to change the subject to prevent the Swede from leaving the hotel?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)