|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scully offer and the Swede declines?
2. What do the other men ask Scully after the Swede leaves?
(a) If Scully wants to play cards.
(b) Why Scully is putting up with the Swede.
(c) What Scully has on the supper menu.
(d) If he thinks they will get snowed in.
3. What does Scully show the Swede?
(a) Pictures of his children.
(b) New carpet.
(c) New furniture.
(d) Fresh paint.
4. What kind of card players are the Swede and the Easterner?
5. What color is the hotel painted?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Swede leave Scully for payment?
2. What is wrapped in the old coat that Scully pulls from underneath the bed?
3. What question does Scully ask the Swede?
4. What is the noon meal called?
5. What is Scully's older son's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for THE BLUE HOTEL?
2. With what gesture does Scully get the Swede to relax a little bit?
3. Why does Scully go to the Swede's room?
4. What is the premise of THE BLUE HOTEL?
5. How does Scully try to show the Swede that he is a trusted man with a family?
6. What is the Swede's demeanor when he reenters the room with Scully?
7. What is Scully's response to the Swede's intention to leave the hotel?
8. What shocking statement does the Swede make that unnerves the other men?
9. Why is the Swede a difficult character to grasp?
10. What is Scully's response to the men who want to know why Scully tolerates the insufferable Swede?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)