|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe the conditions outside?
(c) Very dark.
2. What does the Swede ask Scully?
(a) If he did any property damage.
(b) If Johnnie is OK.
(c) How much he owes him.
(d) If he can get a sandwich to go.
3. What does Scully tell the Swede that he owes him?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(d) Three dollars.
4. What does the bartender do when the Swede becomes more demanding?
(a) Kicks him out of the saloon.
(b) Breaks a bottle over his head.
(c) Tries to defuse the situation.
(d) Punches him in the face.
5. How do Scully's daughters react to the Swede during the meal?
(d) Shy away in fright.
6. What is the Swede doing in his room?
(a) Packing his things.
(b) Bandaging his wounds.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Drinking whiskey.
7. What does the cowboy do when he realizes he can't fight the Swede?
(a) Spits into a cardboard box.
(b) Drinks whiskey from the bottle.
(c) Paces the floor.
(d) Goes outside into the snow.
8. How many patrons are in the saloon?
9. What drink does the Swede order?
10. What meal is served at the beginning of Chapter 5?
11. After the Swede leaves, Scully and _____________ both share that they would like to fight the Swede.
(a) The cowboy.
(b) The farmer.
(c) The minister.
(d) The Easterner.
12. Who tells the Swede that the Swede has won?
(b) The Easterner.
(c) The cowboy.
13. Who is the man accused of cheating?
(a) The Swede.
(c) The cowboy.
(d) The farmer.
14. What is the bartender's demeanor?
15. The patrons are _________________ and refuse to drink with the Swede.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remains quiet and observing during the meal?
2. Who does the Swede mock as he leaves the hotel?
3. Scully tells the cowboy that it ________________________ to fight the Swede.
4. What role has Scully maintained throughout the story?
5. What is the demeanor of the Easterner and the cowboy as the men prepare to go outside?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)