|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the Swede leave Scully for payment?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Seventy-five cents.
2. Who is most astonished by the Swede's outrageous statements?
(a) The Easterner.
(b) The cowboy.
3. Why does the farmer leave the card game?
(a) Out of money.
(b) Return to work.
(c) A quarrel.
(d) Dinner time.
4. Which of the following is not mentioned when Scully talks about the growth of the town?
(a) A new library.
(b) A new railroad.
(c) A big factory.
(d) An electric streetcar.
5. The Swede says that he is no __________________.
6. What was the name of Scully's daughter?
7. Where does Scully take the Swede?
(a) Into the hall.
(b) To church.
(c) To the casino.
(d) To the saloon.
8. The Swede becomes a partner with ________________ in a new card game.
(a) A cook.
(b) A shoe repairman.
(c) The Easterner.
(d) A dry goods store owner.
9. In what state does THE BLUE HOTEL take place?
(b) New Mexico.
(d) New York.
10. What is wrapped in the old coat that Scully pulls from underneath the bed?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) A framed picture.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A bundle of cash.
11. How old is Cassie?
(c) She is dead.
12. Who becomes the mediator in the trouble involving the Swede?
(a) The farmer.
(c) The cowboy.
13. With whom is Scully's son playing cards?
(a) A priest.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A barmaid.
(d) An old farmer.
14. What does Scully look for under the bed?
(b) A blanket.
(c) A pair of boots.
(d) An old coat.
15. What do the Easterner and the cowboy wonder about Scully and the Swede?
(a) Where they got the whiskey.
(b) If they want to play poker.
(c) What has caused the change in the men.
(d) If they want to go to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scully's son's name?
2. What does Scully show the Swede?
3. Where does the Easterner think the Swede has put himself?
4. What do the other men think of the Swede?
5. What is Scully's older son's profession?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)