|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the hotel owner meet the train every day?
(a) To buy newspapers.
(b) To lure potential guests to the hotel.
(c) To meet newcomers to town.
(d) To pick up supplies.
2. What does the Swede do when the farmer leaves the game?
3. What does Scully offer and the Swede declines?
4. In what town is the hotel located?
(a) Fort Romper.
(b) Fort Apache.
(c) Fort Benning.
(d) Fort Laramie.
5. How much does Scully tell the Swede he owes?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Five dollars.
(d) Two dollars.
6. How could Scully be characterized?
7. Scully's son becomes a partner with _______________ in a new card game.
(a) A logger.
(b) A minister.
(c) A whore.
(d) The cowboy.
8. What nationality does the cowboy think the Swede is?
9. The Swede says that he knows they _________________.
(a) Are cheaters.
(b) Are ex-convicts.
(c) Are going to kill him.
(d) Are card sharks.
10. Which of the following does Scully not meet at the station one winter day?
(a) A retired tailor.
(b) A Swede.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A cowboy.
11. What does the Easterner think the Swede has read?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Too many dime novels.
(c) Comic books about the West.
(d) History books.
12. Which of the following does not describe the Swede's laugh?
(a) High pitched.
13. What kind of card players are the Swede and the Easterner?
14. What does Scully ask the Swede to do?
(a) Have some supper.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Follow him.
(d) Read the newspaper.
15. What kind of card player does the cowboy turn out to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the weather conditions at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What color is the hotel painted?
3. What does Scully look for under the bed?
4. Why does the Swede get up and leave the room?
5. What does Scully try to do with the Swede?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)