|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Swede as Chapter 8 begins?
(a) In a snowstorm.
(b) Eating dinner at a restaurant.
(c) Having a drink at a saloon.
(d) Sleeping in bed.
2. What is the Swede's demeanor when he prepares to leave the hotel?
3. How old is Cassie?
(a) She is dead.
4. Who does Scully blame for the trouble with the Swede?
(a) The Easterner.
(b) The cowboy.
(d) The Chinese cook.
5. The Swede tells Scully that maybe Scully _______________________.
(a) Is the one who owes him.
(b) Should teach Johnnie to fight better.
(c) Should find another line of work.
(d) Should paint the hotel a different color.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is the hotel located?
2. Crane states that any room can take on any character depending on ________________.
3. What does the Swede say about the nasty weather?
4. Which one of the men feels that he is freezing to death?
5. Stephen Crane is known for stories about regular people who experience __________________________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)