|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Swede think is against him?
(c) The cowboy.
2. Which of the following is not mentioned when Scully talks about the growth of the town?
(a) A big factory.
(b) A new library.
(c) A new railroad.
(d) An electric streetcar.
3. Where are the men seated as they discuss the situation with the Swede?
(a) In the Easterner's room.
(b) In the restaurant.
(c) By the stove.
(d) In the saloon.
4. How does Scully begin to speak as he gets agitated?
(a) In an Irish brogue.
(b) In unintelligible sounds.
(c) In short bursts.
(d) In Spanish.
5. What does Scully assure Johnnie after the fight?
(a) He did indeed hurt the Swede.
(b) He is lucky the fight stopped when it did.
(c) He is proud of him.
(d) He is gaining much strength in his upper body.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season of the year does THE BLUE HOTEL take place?
2. Who yells to Johnnie to kill the Swede?
3. What remains the constant source of comfort in the story?
4. Who is the man who accuses someone of cheating?
5. What do the other men ask Scully after the Swede leaves?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)