|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Scully not meet at the station one winter day?
(a) A retired tailor.
(b) A Swede.
(c) A cowboy.
(d) A school teacher.
2. What does Scully show the Swede?
(a) New furniture.
(b) Fresh paint.
(c) New carpet.
(d) Pictures of his children.
3. The Swedes says that _________________ can be dangerous.
(d) Western towns.
4. Who is most astonished by the Swede's outrageous statements?
(a) The Easterner.
(b) The cowboy.
5. How much does Scully tell the Swede he owes?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Two dollars.
(d) One dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Scully's son playing cards?
2. Which of the following does not describe the Swede's laugh?
3. Who does Scully blame for the trouble with the Swede?
4. During the game, the Swede says, "I suppose there have been a good many ______________ in this room."
5. What is the Swede's manner as Scully tries to change the subject?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)