|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes the mediator in the trouble involving the Swede?
(a) The farmer.
(b) The cowboy.
2. Who does Scully blame for the trouble with the Swede?
(a) The Easterner.
(c) The Chinese cook.
(d) The cowboy.
3. Scully's son becomes a partner with _______________ in a new card game.
(a) A whore.
(b) A logger.
(c) The cowboy.
(d) A minister.
4. Who serves the noon day meal?
(a) Scully's daughters.
(b) A Chinese cook.
(c) Scully's wife.
(d) A retired railroad cook.
5. How much does the Swede leave Scully for payment?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Seventy-five cents.
(d) Five dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scully take the Swede?
2. What was the name of Scully's daughter?
3. What does the Swede do as Scully talks to him?
4. Which of the following does Scully not meet at the station one winter day?
5. Who is playing cards with Scully's son?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)