|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mountains does William hike in while in Virginia?
(a) Blue Ridge Mountains.
(b) Smokey Mountains.
(c) Green Mountains.
(d) Appalachian Mountains.
2. What body of water is mentioned at the beginning of Section 10?
(a) Hudson Bay.
(b) Long Island Sound.
(c) Chesapeake Bay.
(d) Potomac River.
3. What river does William cross to get into Gallipolis, Ohio?
(a) Green River.
(b) Columbus River.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Ohio River.
4. Where does William meet Pete Marvin and his family?
(a) Canandaigua Lake, New York.
(b) Lake Placid, New York.
(c) Buffalo, New York.
(d) Cleveland, Ohio.
5. What does William like best about Pete and his family?
(a) How much money they have.
(b) Their ability to make jokes.
(c) Their positive outlook on life.
(d) The restaurant they own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does William spend the night in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho?
2. What kind of transport business does Tom Hunter own?
3. What New England state is William in at the opening of Section 9?
4. What is the weather at the beginning of Section 9?
5. Who is Arthur O. Bakke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William help Stacie McDougald?
2. How did Portland, Oregon, get its name?
3. What does Alice say changed the social pattern of Smith Island?
4. How does William describe the location of the bloodiest battle of the Civil War.
5. Is William disappointed with the changes he sees in the Newport, Rhode Island, area?
6. What does William discover when he travels into the Pine Barrens of New Jersey?
7. Describe William's experience fishing on the Allison E.
8. What does William discover about Marion Horner Robie?
9. Does William have second thoughts about picking up the hitchhiker Arthur O. Bakke?
10. How does Alba Bartholomew feel when he is hang gliding?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)