|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William have to do with Ghost Dancing in Grand Forks, North Dakota?
(a) Have the water pump repaired.
(b) Fix a flat tire.
(c) Replace the windshield.
(d) Fill up the gas tank.
2. What is the nickname of the residents of Pine Barrens?
3. Where does Scott Chisholm live?
(c) New York.
4. What kind of town is Gassaway, West Virginia?
(a) Artist retreat.
(b) Resort town.
(d) Old railroad town.
5. What is the Algonquian name for the river that means "white shining"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does William travel from the Adirondacks in New York to the state of Vermont?
2. What does William like best about Pete and his family?
3. In what town does William stop lunch in when he eats a dozen fresh clams at a city market?
4. Who planted a symbolic privet-hedge labyrinth in Harmonie in 1820?
5. What does William help Scott build while he visits him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William help Stacie McDougald?
2. What does Alice say changed the social pattern of Smith Island?
3. Does William have second thoughts about picking up the hitchhiker Arthur O. Bakke?
4. How did Duncan McDougal save the Astor fur trading post from destruction by the Indians?
5. Describe William's visit with Scott Chisholm.
6. Describe what William buys at the city market in Annapolis.
7. Does William feel bored with the flat terrain of Montana and North Dakota?
8. How does Tom sell his maple syrup?
9. How does William describe the location of the bloodiest battle of the Civil War.
10. What memory does William have of Vern when he thinks about the lack of service at gas stations?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)