|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man tell stories about on the ferry ride William takes from Connecticut?
(a) Rock formations.
(b) Unusual fish.
(c) Nuclear submarines.
(d) Indian lore.
2. What is Stacie McDougald running away from?
(c) Abusive stepfather.
(d) Drug dealers.
3. Where does William meet Pete Marvin and his family?
(a) Lake Placid, New York.
(b) Canandaigua Lake, New York.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) Buffalo, New York.
4. What route does William take when he gets to New Jersey and wants to travel to the Pine Barrens?
(a) Interstate 87.
(b) Route 102.
(c) George Washington Bridge.
(d) U.S. Highway 9.
5. What plant does William say the Indians used to wrap their food in for cooking?
(a) Skunk cabbage.
(b) Grape leaves.
(c) Squash leaves.
(d) Corn husks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of plane does William go up in to get an aerial view of Moscow, Idaho?
2. How old is Marion?
3. What does William envy about Arthur's way of life?
4. What job did Fred have in the Vietnam war?
5. What is the name of the university where William spends the night in a dorm in Michigan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe William's experience fishing on the Allison E.
2. Describe what William buys at the city market in Annapolis.
3. What is William's state of mind when he is traveling through New England?
4. How does Alba Bartholomew feel when he is hang gliding?
5. How does William help Stacie McDougald?
6. What does William discover about Marion Horner Robie?
7. What does Alice say changed the social pattern of Smith Island?
8. How did Duncan McDougal save the Astor fur trading post from destruction by the Indians?
9. Does William feel bored with the flat terrain of Montana and North Dakota?
10. How does William feel about returning home?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)