|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did William buy The Sacred Pipe, by Black Elk?
2. What does William discover about the town of Liberty Bond, Washington?
(a) It is an active town.
(b) It has disappeared.
(c) It is located in the southern part of the state.
(d) It is at least two hours from North Bonneville.
3. What is the nickname of the residents of Pine Barrens?
4. What is Marion an expert on?
(b) Town history
(c) Vegetable gardening.
(d) Landscape painting.
5. What subject does Arthur like to talk about to William?
(a) Current events.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Black Elk use in The Sacred Pipe that stuns William because he thought he had coined the phrase?
2. What is the natural wonder that stands 300 feet high on the northern Oregon coast?
3. What is the weather at the beginning of Section 9?
4. How does William describe Cape Porpoise, Maine?
5. Where did Marion once work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe William's experience with Alice Venable Middleton on Smith Island.
2. Does William have second thoughts about picking up the hitchhiker Arthur O. Bakke?
3. Describe William's experience sleeping in a dorm room at Central Michigan University.
4. What kind of reception does William receive when he is looking for directions to Othello, New Jersey?
5. Describe how Captain Clark interacted with the Nez Perce Indians.
6. What does William discover about Marion Horner Robie?
7. Describe what William buys at the city market in Annapolis.
8. How does William describe the location of the bloodiest battle of the Civil War.
9. Where does William notice old tires as he drives through West Virginia?
10. How does Alba Bartholomew feel when he is hang gliding?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)