|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What highway does William travel on when he begins his trip on March 20th?
(a) Interstate 68.
(b) Interstate 55.
(c) Interstate 22.
(d) Interstate 70.
2. What kind of work does William do for pay in Wanchese, North Carolina?
(a) Loads crates of hard-shell crabs.
(b) Scrubs boat deck.
(c) Goes crabbing.
(d) Prepares crab sandwiches.
3. Who led marches from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama?
(a) President Johnson.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) James Walker.
(d) Charles Davis.
4. What is wrong with Porfirio's leg?
(a) It's sunburned.
(b) It is swollen from the heat.
(c) He can't bend it.
(d) He cut it in an accident.
5. What branch of the military was William in when he hurt his leg?
(b) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is William struck by as he drives through Mississippi?
2. What job did Brother Bob have before he became a monk?
3. Who does William talk with in Charlie's bar in Shreveport, Louisiana?
4. What is William impressed by in Fredericksburg, Texas?
5. What does William say about Kansas City, Kansas, in the opening pages of "South by Southwest"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who surprises William in Portal Paradise?
2. What does William learn from Kendrick Fritz?
3. What are blue highways?
4. Describe William's encounter with Porfirio Sanchez.
5. What kind of work does William do in Wanchese, North Carolina?
6. What causes William to travel across America?
7. Describe the weather conditions as William drives across the Appalachian Mountains.
8. What does William learn from meeting James Walker and Charles Davis?
9. Is William able to find anyone to talk with in the Hopi Indian reservation?
10. When Ghost Dancing is blocked on a mountain road at 10,000 feet, how does William survive the night?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)