|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is William's advice about finding good food to eat in small towns?
(a) If it smells good, go for it.
(b) The more calendars hanging on the wall, the better the food.
(c) Count the numbers of cars parked outside.
(d) Look at the pies first.
2. What is William struck by as he drives through Mississippi?
(a) The number of ducks by the side of the road.
(b) How fast he can drive on the highway.
(c) Indian-sounding names.
(d) How many forests there are.
3. What is the name of the inn in Jonesboro where Andrew Jackson almost got tarred and feathered?
(a) Inn at Jonesboro.
(b) Stage Coach Inn.
(c) Chester Inn.
(d) River Inn.
4. How old is Porfirio?
5. What is William impressed by in Fredericksburg, Texas?
(a) Its authenticity.
(b) Size of the buildings.
(d) Great food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town in Tennessee is William's favorite name of all the towns he visits on his journey?
2. In what state does William have a chance to learn more about his relatives?
3. What kind of work does William do for pay in Wanchese, North Carolina?
4. Where does William stop to eat lunch in Vicksburg, Mississippi?
5. What is Swamp Guinea's Fish Lodge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does William enjoy the open landscape of New Mexico?
2. What happens when William sleeps in his van on the campus of East Carolina University?
3. What does William learn from meeting James Walker and Charles Davis?
4. Describe what William learns about Cajun music while in Louisiana.
5. What is Portal Paradise?
6. How does William describe Johnson City?
7. What are blue highways?
8. What figure in history is Dare County, North Carolina, named after?
9. Describe William's encounter with Porfirio Sanchez.
10. What causes William to travel across America?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)