|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of eyebrows does William describe Kermit Pell as having?
(c) Groucho Marx.
2. What color suspenders does William wear while on his journey?
3. What meal does William eat at the Retreat House with the monks at the end of "Eastward"?
4. What is advertised on the business card that Mr. Watkins gives to William?
(a) Cell phone service.
(b) Plumbing company.
(c) Construction company.
(d) Cafe in Merced.
5. What is the name of the inn in Jonesboro where Andrew Jackson almost got tarred and feathered?
(a) Inn at Jonesboro.
(b) Chester Inn.
(c) River Inn.
(d) Stage Coach Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the roads like in the Appalachian mountains that test William's driving skills?
2. What does "day down" mean?
3. Who says "Find a way to make people bored with hating instead of helping"?
4. Who is Claude Tyler?
5. Who led marches from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Portal Paradise?
2. What are blue highways?
3. Who surprises William in Portal Paradise?
4. What does William learn from meeting James Walker and Charles Davis?
5. What do Barbara Pierre and William talk about over lunch?
6. What is the reaction when William orders a chocolate milkshake near Frenchman, Nevada?
7. What kind of work does William do in Wanchese, North Carolina?
8. How does William feel about having dinner with his cousin in Shreveport?
9. What does William learn from Claud Tyler in Dime Box, Texas?
10. Does William enjoy the open landscape of New Mexico?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)