|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Watkins call his dog?
(a) White Fong.
2. In what state does William have a chance to learn more about his relatives?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) South Carolina.
3. Who is Claude Tyler?
(a) Auto mechanic.
4. What does the college student at Mississippi College give William at breakfast in the student cafeteria?
(a) Prayer modality.
(c) Her favorite song list.
(d) Course schedule.
5. Who says "Find a way to make people bored with hating instead of helping"?
(a) Barbara Pierre.
(c) Dolores Del Rio.
(d) Mr. Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar William goes to in Austin, Nevada, where people toss coins on the bar for good luck?
2. What color suspenders does William wear while on his journey?
3. What kind of eyebrows does William describe Kermit Pell as having?
4. Who are James Walker and Charles Davis?
5. Who says "To me, being Indian means being responsible to my people. Helping with the best tools. Who invented penicillin doesn't matter"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does William enjoy the open landscape of New Mexico?
2. Describe William's dinner at Swamp Guinea's Fish Lodge.
3. What is William's experience when he jumps into Hat Creek to wash up?
4. What history does William learn when he visits Ninety Six, South Carolina?
5. Describe the weather conditions as William drives across the Appalachian Mountains.
6. What does William learn from Claud Tyler in Dime Box, Texas?
7. Describe what William learns about Cajun music while in Louisiana.
8. When Ghost Dancing is blocked on a mountain road at 10,000 feet, how does William survive the night?
9. Who surprises William in Portal Paradise?
10. What does William discover in Nameless, Tennessee?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)