|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William complain about when he stops for gas in Fredericksburg, Virginia?
(b) Price of food.
(c) Loss of service.
(d) Price of gas.
2. What does William see on Route 33 in West Virginia that signals a hard life?
(a) Tidy, neat stores.
(b) Run down farms.
(c) Modern apartments.
(d) Steel skyscrapers.
3. Where does Scott Chisholm live?
(d) New York.
4. Who is Arthur O. Bakke?
(d) Coach of a sports team.
5. What does William realize his journey resembles when he traces it on a map?
(b) Hopi design carved into a stone.
(c) Small circle.
(d) Star shape.
6. What does William envy about Arthur's way of life?
(a) Clear set of goals.
(b) Simplicity of purpose.
(c) Job security.
(d) Easy money.
7. Where was William stationed during his navy years?
(c) Quonset Point.
8. Where does William sleep the first night he is in West Virginia?
(a) Hay field.
(b) Tourist home.
(c) Bed and Breakfast.
9. What subject does Arthur like to talk about to William?
(c) Current events.
10. How does William travel from the Adirondacks in New York to the state of Vermont?
(a) Goes into Canada and then crosses into Vermont.
(b) By train.
(c) By ferry across Lake Champlain.
(d) Drives around Lake Champlain.
11. Where did William buy The Sacred Pipe, by Black Elk?
12. What was the name of the navy ship William served on?
(a) U.S.S. Mount Vernon.
(b) U.S.S. Philadelphia.
(c) U.S S. Jefferson.
(d) U.S.S. Lake Champlain
13. What route does William take when he gets to New Jersey and wants to travel to the Pine Barrens?
(a) Route 102.
(b) Interstate 87.
(c) George Washington Bridge.
(d) U.S. Highway 9.
14. How old is Marion?
15. What is Alba Bartholomew doing in Pitt, Washington?
(a) Singing in a band.
(b) Hang gliding.
(c) Painting landscapes.
(d) Lecturing on environmental issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did the Nez Perce Indians value Captain Clark?
2. What body of water is mentioned at the beginning of Section 10?
3. What town does William look up in the library of Oregon State University?
4. What were the Rappites?
5. Who is staying in the dorm the night William sleeps at a university in Michigan?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)