|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does William describe Cape Porpoise, Maine?
(a) Urban and sophisticated.
(b) Messy and run down.
(c) Suburban paradise.
(d) White picket fence village.
2. What is the relationship between William and Fred Tomlins?
3. What does William realize his journey resembles when he traces it on a map?
(a) Hopi design carved into a stone.
(c) Star shape.
(d) Small circle.
4. What does William dislike about driving through Montana and North Dakota?
(a) Muddy roads.
(b) Flat terrain.
(c) Mountainous roads.
5. Where does William meet Bob Goldsmith?
(a) Portsmouth, Rhode Island.
(b) Trenton, New Jersey.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Ocean City, Maryland.
6. How did Arthur injure his hip?
(a) Carrying too heavy of a suitcase.
(b) Car accident.
(c) Football game.
(d) Falling down a flight of stairs.
7. In what town does William stop lunch in when he eats a dozen fresh clams at a city market?
8. What is Alba Bartholomew doing in Pitt, Washington?
(a) Singing in a band.
(b) Painting landscapes.
(c) Hang gliding.
(d) Lecturing on environmental issues.
9. How does William travel from the Adirondacks in New York to the state of Vermont?
(a) By train.
(b) Goes into Canada and then crosses into Vermont.
(c) By ferry across Lake Champlain.
(d) Drives around Lake Champlain.
10. What style house does Scott live in?
11. With what did Duncan McDougal threaten the Indian population in order to save the town of Astoria, Oregon?
(b) Destruction by fire.
(c) Uncorking a vial he said held smallpox.
(d) Total annihilation by military.
12. What does William help Scott build while he visits him?
(c) Stone retaining wall.
13. What kind of meat did Lewis and Clark favor on their expedition in the Northwest coast?
(c) Beaver tail.
14. What does William complain about when he stops for gas in Fredericksburg, Virginia?
(a) Price of food.
(b) Price of gas.
(d) Loss of service.
15. Where does William meet Pete Marvin and his family?
(a) Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) Canandaigua Lake, New York.
(c) Lake Placid, New York.
(d) Buffalo, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What New England state is William in at the opening of Section 9?
2. What time does William meet Tom at the dock in the morning?
3. What name did Robert Owen give the town of Harmonie?
4. What country was Robert Owen from?
5. What does William discover about the town of Liberty Bond, Washington?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)