|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Marion once work?
(a) Post office.
(c) Elementary school.
2. What subject does Arthur like to talk about to William?
(c) Current events.
3. With what did Duncan McDougal threaten the Indian population in order to save the town of Astoria, Oregon?
(a) Uncorking a vial he said held smallpox.
(b) Destruction by fire.
(c) Total annihilation by military.
4. Where does William visit at the end of Section 7?
(a) Ann Arbor.
(c) Thumb of Michigan.
(d) Grand Rapids.
5. What time does William meet Tom at the dock in the morning?
6. What body of water is mentioned at the beginning of Section 10?
(a) Hudson Bay.
(b) Chesapeake Bay.
(c) Long Island Sound.
(d) Potomac River.
7. Where does Stacie say she needs a ride?
(a) Detroit, Michigan.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) St. Paul, Minnesota.
(d) Green Bay, Wisconsin.
8. What does William find in the forest of the Cascades in Oregon that he places in a pail to photograph later?
(c) Banana slug.
9. How does William describe his truck in the last page of the book?
(a) Like a clunker.
(b) Like a horse that knows the way.
(c) A trusted friend.
(d) Too tired to go on.
10. What state is William in when he wakes up with a bad cold?
(d) North Dakota.
11. What mountains does William hike in while in Virginia?
(a) Green Mountains.
(b) Blue Ridge Mountains.
(c) Appalachian Mountains.
(d) Smokey Mountains.
12. Who did McDougal marry to solidify his position in Astoria?
(a) Daughter of Chinook chief.
(b) Cousin of Captain Clark.
(c) Daughter of John Jacob Astor.
(d) Sister of Meriwether Lewis.
13. How long has Tom's family been in the maple syrup business?
(a) Five generations.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten years.
14. Where is the ferry heading that William takes from Connecticut?
(b) Long Island.
(c) Cape Cod.
(d) Block Island.
15. Where does William spend the night in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho?
(a) With Adventist church members.
(d) Church pew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Tom West have?
2. What is Alba Bartholomew doing in Pitt, Washington?
3. What happened to Pete when he was a young boy?
4. What was the name of the first American ship to stop at the Northwest coast in 1788?
5. How does William describe Cape Porpoise, Maine?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)