|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is William stranded in Lafayette, Louisiana?
(a) No money for gas.
(b) Rain storm.
(c) Van broke down.
(d) Van was confiscated.
2. What do the Thurmonds in Tennessee feed to William before sending him on his way?
(a) Lunch and buttermilk pie.
(c) Pumpkin bread.
3. What water does William cross as he travels on Georgia 155 after leaving the monastery?
(a) Little Creek.
(b) Shady Creek.
(c) Quiet Creek.
(d) Troublesome Creek.
4. What slogan does the bank's advertising billboard have on it in Jonesboro, Tennessee?
(a) Open an account and receive a free gift.
(b) Think big, get rich.
(c) We have loans for you.
(d) When you're better, you get bigger.
5. What is the weather when William wakes up in Morristown?
(d) Cool and clear.
6. What is the name of the inn in Jonesboro where Andrew Jackson almost got tarred and feathered?
(a) Chester Inn.
(b) Stage Coach Inn.
(c) Inn at Jonesboro.
(d) River Inn.
7. What is William impressed by in Fredericksburg, Texas?
(b) Size of the buildings.
(c) Great food.
(d) Its authenticity.
8. What does William eat that looks like an "airy tube the color of a thunderhead"?
(a) Dried scorpions.
(c) Cotton candy.
(d) Hopi cornflakes.
9. What poet does William quote in his description of being stuck on top of the mountain pass road when he his headed to Cedar City?
10. What is a saguaro?
(b) Name of river.
(c) Desert snake.
11. What town in Tennessee is William's favorite name of all the towns he visits on his journey?
12. Where does William sleep in Deming, New Mexico?
(b) Camp site.
(c) College parking lot.
(d) A room.
13. What is the name of the bar William goes to in Austin, Nevada, where people toss coins on the bar for good luck?
(a) Clara's Golden Club.
(b) Wellspring Bar & Cafe.
(c) My Way Cafe.
(d) Coin Bar.
14. What does the college student at Mississippi College give William at breakfast in the student cafeteria?
(a) Her favorite song list.
(b) Course schedule.
(c) Prayer modality.
15. How old is Porfirio?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William think of Dime Box, Texas?
2. What does Mrs. Watkins serve Mr. Watkins for breakfast?
3. What reason for wearing suspenders does William tell an older man in Wanchese?
4. How does William describe the generations who have lived on the Hopi Indian reservation?
5. How long does William drive without seeing a single town west of Eldorado, Texas?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)