|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Virginia Been own in Hachita, New Mexico?
(b) Farm supply store.
(d) Grocery store.
2. What does Mr. Watkins call his dog?
(d) White Fong.
3. Where does William sleep for the night after he comes down an Appalachian mountain into Morristown, Tennessee?
(a) Camp site.
(c) City shelter.
(d) Bank parking lot.
4. How long does William drive without seeing a single town west of Eldorado, Texas?
(a) One hundred miles.
(b) Fifty miles.
(c) Seventy-five miles.
(d) Sixty-two miles.
5. What is the name of the bar where William sees rattlesnake skins nailed to the wall?
(a) Lonestar Pub.
(b) Watering Well.
(d) Sonny's Place.
6. What is William's advice about finding good food to eat in small towns?
(a) Count the numbers of cars parked outside.
(b) The more calendars hanging on the wall, the better the food.
(c) Look at the pies first.
(d) If it smells good, go for it.
7. Where does William stop to eat lunch in Vicksburg, Mississippi?
(a) Italian eatery.
(b) Civil War earthworks.
(d) Run-down diner.
8. What is a saguaro?
(a) Desert snake.
(c) Name of river.
9. What is one thing Mrs. Watkins likes to have for breakfast, according to Mr. Watkins?
(d) Sugar doughnut.
10. Who says "Find a way to make people bored with hating instead of helping"?
(a) Barbara Pierre.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(d) Dolores Del Rio.
11. What holiday is it when William wakes up in Cookeville, Tennessee?
(c) Fourth of July.
12. Whom were the towns of Manteo and Wanchese named after?
(a) English towns.
(b) Plant names.
(c) English explorers.
(d) Indian interpreters.
13. How old is Porfirio?
14. What kind of food and music does William enjoy in a bar named Eric's in Louisiana?
(d) Traditional French.
15. What color suspenders does William wear while on his journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do James and Charles discuss with William?
2. Where does William begin his trip?
3. What is William struck by as he drives through Mississippi?
4. Who does William meet in Portal Paradise in Arizona?
5. Where does Barbara Pierre invite William to have lunch with her?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)