|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, West by Southwest, Chapters 1-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William say about Kansas City, Kansas, in the opening pages of "South by Southwest"?
(a) He lived there as a child.
(b) He grew up twenty miles from there.
(c) First Western town.
(d) His favorite city.
2. What job did Brother Bob have before he became a monk?
(c) Bank robber.
3. What kind of food and music does William enjoy in a bar named Eric's in Louisiana?
(a) Traditional French.
4. What is the name of the bar where William sees rattlesnake skins nailed to the wall?
(a) Watering Well.
(b) Sonny's Place.
(d) Lonestar Pub.
5. What state is William in when he marks one thousand miles into his journey?
(c) South Dakota.
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slogan does the bank's advertising billboard have on it in Jonesboro, Tennessee?
2. What reason for wearing suspenders does William tell an older man in Wanchese?
3. What is a saguaro?
4. In what state does William have a chance to learn more about his relatives?
5. What is the name of the bar William goes to in Austin, Nevada, where people toss coins on the bar for good luck?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)