|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, South by Southwest, Chapters 1-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "Find a way to make people bored with hating instead of helping"?
(a) Barbara Pierre.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Dolores Del Rio.
2. Who does William meet in Portal Paradise in Arizona?
(a) College kids from California.
(b) State Policeman.
(c) Man from Tucson.
(d) Hachita camping group.
3. Why is William stranded in Lafayette, Louisiana?
(a) Van broke down.
(b) Van was confiscated.
(c) Rain storm.
(d) No money for gas.
4. What slogan does the bank's advertising billboard have on it in Jonesboro, Tennessee?
(a) Think big, get rich.
(b) Open an account and receive a free gift.
(c) We have loans for you.
(d) When you're better, you get bigger.
5. What holiday is it when William wakes up in Cookeville, Tennessee?
(b) Fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the "Path of Peace" its name?
2. What reason for wearing suspenders does William tell an older man in Wanchese?
3. In 1810, who used the Natchez Trace Parkway?
4. What does William say about Kansas City, Kansas, in the opening pages of "South by Southwest"?
5. What does Doris tell William about Wanchese, North Carolina?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)