|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, South by Southwest, Chapters 1-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doris tell William about Wanchese, North Carolina?
(a) It's a good place to find a restaurant.
(b) It hasn't seen neon light yet.
(c) He'll have no trouble finding a sleeping spot.
(d) It's a lively town.
2. Who is Porfirio going to visit in Big Spring, Texas?
(c) Sick brother.
3. What water does William cross as he travels on Georgia 155 after leaving the monastery?
(a) Shady Creek.
(b) Quiet Creek.
(c) Little Creek.
(d) Troublesome Creek.
4. What is William struck by as he drives through Mississippi?
(a) How fast he can drive on the highway.
(b) How many forests there are.
(c) The number of ducks by the side of the road.
(d) Indian-sounding names.
5. How does William describe the weather in Cookeville, Tennessee?
(a) Rainy and sleeting.
(b) As fine as a June day.
(c) Cold as the bottom of Dante's Hell.
(d) Too warm for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of eyebrows does William describe Kermit Pell as having?
2. What story does Noel tell William when they are standing by the location of an old spring?
3. What does William name his truck for his journey across America?
4. With whom does William eat dinner in Shreveport?
5. Why does William Least Heat-Moon decide to go on a driving trip across America?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)