|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, South by Southwest, Chapters 1-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "day down" mean?
(a) The day after.
(b) Carolinian for sun down.
(c) Late at night.
(d) The day before.
2. With whom does William eat dinner in Shreveport?
(a) Strangers in a bar.
(b) College students.
(d) His cousin.
3. What is the name of the inn in Jonesboro where Andrew Jackson almost got tarred and feathered?
(a) Stage Coach Inn.
(b) River Inn.
(c) Chester Inn.
(d) Inn at Jonesboro.
4. What do James and Charles discuss with William?
(c) College writing classes.
(d) Race relations.
5. Who is Porfirio going to visit in Big Spring, Texas?
(d) Sick brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Claude Tyler?
2. What holiday is it when William wakes up in Cookeville, Tennessee?
3. Who gave the "Path of Peace" its name?
4. How long does William drive without seeing a single town west of Eldorado, Texas?
5. What meal does William eat at the Retreat House with the monks at the end of "Eastward"?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)