|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, North by Northwest, Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to William's van on the campus of East Carolina University?
(a) It starts to get towed.
(b) Students laugh at it.
(c) Someone tries to steal it.
(d) It breaks down.
2. What is the name of the bar William goes to in Austin, Nevada, where people toss coins on the bar for good luck?
(a) Coin Bar.
(b) My Way Cafe.
(c) Clara's Golden Club.
(d) Wellspring Bar & Cafe.
3. Why is William stranded in Lafayette, Louisiana?
(a) Van broke down.
(b) Rain storm.
(c) No money for gas.
(d) Van was confiscated.
4. How much money did an seventy-three-year-old Canadian woman win at the casino in Reno, Nevada?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Six hundred dollars.
(d) One hundred eighty-three thousand dollars.
5. What does Virginia Been own in Hachita, New Mexico?
(b) Farm supply store.
(c) Grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does William sleep one night in Depoe Bay?
2. What plant does William say the Indians used to wrap their food in for cooking?
3. What weather does William say causes "Oregon blues"?
4. Where does William ride out a sandstorm while at the Hopi Indian reservation?
5. Who does William talk with in Charlie's bar in Shreveport, Louisiana?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)