|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6, North by Northwest, Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Black Elk use in The Sacred Pipe that stuns William because he thought he had coined the phrase?
(a) Mute looking glass.
(b) Ancient rites of man.
(c) Blue road.
(d) Ruled by his senses.
2. What is Alba Bartholomew doing in Pitt, Washington?
(a) Hang gliding.
(b) Singing in a band.
(c) Lecturing on environmental issues.
(d) Painting landscapes.
3. How does William describe the generations who have lived on the Hopi Indian reservation?
(a) Resourceful and patient.
4. What kind of food and music does William enjoy in a bar named Eric's in Louisiana?
(a) Traditional French.
5. What is the name of the bar William goes to in Austin, Nevada, where people toss coins on the bar for good luck?
(a) Wellspring Bar & Cafe.
(b) Coin Bar.
(c) My Way Cafe.
(d) Clara's Golden Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does William look for his relative's tombstone with Noel Jones?
2. How old is Porfirio?
3. What does Mr. Watkins call his dog?
4. Who are James Walker and Charles Davis?
5. How much money did an seventy-three-year-old Canadian woman win at the casino in Reno, Nevada?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)