|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, North by Northeast, Chapters 1-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pete make his living?
(b) Light farming.
(c) Fixing automobiles.
(d) Selling hardware.
2. How long has Tom's family been in the maple syrup business?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Five generations.
3. What does the barmaid in Mickey's Place nickname William?
(a) Mr. Glum.
(b) Mr. Chicago.
(c) Mr. Too Many Questions.
(d) Mr. Curious.
4. What is advertised on the business card that Mr. Watkins gives to William?
(a) Cell phone service.
(b) Plumbing company.
(c) Construction company.
(d) Cafe in Merced.
5. What animal does William hit in the forest as he is trying to find Viola, California?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar William goes to in Austin, Nevada, where people toss coins on the bar for good luck?
2. Where does William ride out a sandstorm while at the Hopi Indian reservation?
3. What is the "Path of Peace"?
4. Who led marches from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama?
5. In 1810, who used the Natchez Trace Parkway?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)