|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, North by Northeast, Chapters 1-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William eat that looks like an "airy tube the color of a thunderhead"?
(a) Hopi cornflakes.
(c) Dried scorpions.
(d) Cotton candy.
2. What kind of food and music does William enjoy in a bar named Eric's in Louisiana?
(a) Traditional French.
3. Who says "Find a way to make people bored with hating instead of helping"?
(a) Mr. Martin.
(b) Barbara Pierre.
(c) Dolores Del Rio.
4. What does William help Scott build while he visits him?
(b) Stone retaining wall.
5. What happened to Pete when he was a young boy?
(a) He lost his puppy.
(b) He was crippled.
(c) He was given a piano.
(d) He moved to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is on the edge of a U.S. Navy bombing range in Section 5?
2. What does William worry about most when he is stuck on top of the mountains while trying to get to Cedar City?
3. In 1810, who used the Natchez Trace Parkway?
4. What university did Tom attend for two years?
5. Where does William ride out a sandstorm while at the Hopi Indian reservation?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)