|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, North by Northeast, Chapters 1-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says "Find a way to make people bored with hating instead of helping"?
(a) Barbara Pierre.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Dolores Del Rio.
2. What happened to Pete when he was a young boy?
(a) He lost his puppy.
(b) He was crippled.
(c) He was given a piano.
(d) He moved to England.
3. What is advertised on the business card that Mr. Watkins gives to William?
(a) Cell phone service.
(b) Construction company.
(c) Cafe in Merced.
(d) Plumbing company.
4. To what is Tom referring when he says 'If there's something better to eat, I never ate it"?
(b) Green beans.
(c) Maple cream.
(d) Chocolate cake.
5. Who are James Walker and Charles Davis?
(b) William's cousins.
(d) Two young men in Selma, Alabama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is on the edge of a U.S. Navy bombing range in Section 5?
2. What water does William cross as he travels on Georgia 155 after leaving the monastery?
3. What does Mrs. Watkins serve Mr. Watkins for breakfast?
4. Who does William talk with in Charlie's bar in Shreveport, Louisiana?
5. How old is the farmhouse that Pete and his wife refurbished?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)