|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, North by Northeast, Chapters 1-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do James and Charles discuss with William?
(a) College writing classes.
(c) Race relations.
2. Who says "Find a way to make people bored with hating instead of helping"?
(a) Barbara Pierre.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) Dolores Del Rio.
3. What does Mr. Watkins call his dog?
(c) White Fong.
4. What is advertised on the business card that Mr. Watkins gives to William?
(a) Cafe in Merced.
(b) Plumbing company.
(c) Cell phone service.
(d) Construction company.
5. What university did Tom attend for two years?
(a) University of Lowell.
(b) Boston College.
(c) Vermont College.
(d) University of New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the barmaid in Mickey's Place nickname William?
2. What does the college student at Mississippi College give William at breakfast in the student cafeteria?
3. Who does William talk with in Charlie's bar in Shreveport, Louisiana?
4. To what is Tom referring when he says 'If there's something better to eat, I never ate it"?
5. What town is on the edge of a U.S. Navy bombing range in Section 5?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)