Section 1, Eastward, Chapters 1-19
1. Why does William Least Heat-Moon decide to go on a driving trip across America?
(a) He has to get to New England in six months.
(b) He has always wanted to travel and now has money to do it.
(c) He loses his teaching job.
(d) He is bored.
2. What does William name his truck for his journey across America?
(a) Ghost Dancing.
(c) Piece o' junk.
3. Where does William begin his trip?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Flagstaff, Arizona.
(c) Dearborn, Michigan.
(d) Columbia, Missouri.
4. What highway does William travel on when he begins his trip on March 20th?
(a) Interstate 55.
(b) Interstate 70.
(c) Interstate 68.
(d) Interstate 22.
5. What state does William meet Bob Andriot, Tony Harkin, and Kirk Littefield in?
(c) South Carolina.
6. What are Bob, Tony, and Kirk rebuilding?
(a) A boat.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A school.
(d) A historic building.
7. What town in Tennessee is William's favorite name of all the towns he visits on his journey?
This section contains 3,705 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)