|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What oath does Stile make in Chapter 8?
2. What agreement do Stile and the Red Adept make before they fight?
3. What do Stile and Neysa find upon entering the Red Castle?
4. What word does Lady Blue say three times to profess her love for Stile?
5. Why does Stile decide to stop using magic when he is in the Red Adept's castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the results of Stile's performance in Round Seven of the Tourney?
2. What does Stile start to wonder, at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Why does Stile have to fight the Red Adept in the Proton fashion?
4. What is shown on the holo-tape provided to Stile by the Rifleman, in Chapter 7?
5. What deal does Stile make with the androids at the beginning of Chapter 7?
6. What happens at the White Demesnes?
7. What confession does Lady Blue make at the beginning of Chapter 10?
8. What happens to Hulk at the end of Chapter 7?
9. What deal does Stile make with the Red Adept before their battle starts, and why?
10. What does Sheen do when she finds out that Stile married Lady Blue, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Female characters play a predominant role in this novel. Why are so many of the characters, including the antagonist, female? What message is the author trying to send? How might this novel change someone's perception of female characters, and why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
There are several instances, during both the Unolympics and the Tourney, when the victory is awarded to someone who does not technically "win." Why are these decisions made? What message is the author trying to convey, and why? What would happen if this system were implemented in the real world, and why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Stile always offers something in return for any favor that is done for him, and is reluctant to accept favors if he is unable to reciprocate. Why is this? What character trait does Stile demonstrate by being this way? How does it affect his relationships with others? Are there any instances in which someone is offended when Stile performs a favor and is reluctant to accept one in return? Why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)