|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Bluette go for help at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What word does Lady Blue say three times to profess her love for Stile?
3. What injury does Hulk suffer at the end of Chapter 7?
4. What agreement do Stile and the Red Adept make before they fight?
5. What does Clef decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the results of Stile's performance in Round Seven of the Tourney?
2. Why does Stile give Clef the Platinum Flute?
3. Why is Lady Blue upset and angry with Stile at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. What happens when Sheen and Lady Blue meet in Chapter 11?
5. What steps do Stile and Lady Blue take to ensure that the prophecy regarding Lady Blue will come true?
6. What does the trap that Hulk and Bluette are caught in tell Stile about his adversary?
7. How does Stile's contest with the Red Adept end?
8. What does Stile start to wonder, at the end of Chapter 9?
9. What happens between Stile and the Brown Adept in Chapter 8?
10. What happens when Stile is shot at the end of Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stile always offers something in return for any favor that is done for him, and is reluctant to accept favors if he is unable to reciprocate. Why is this? What character trait does Stile demonstrate by being this way? How does it affect his relationships with others? Are there any instances in which someone is offended when Stile performs a favor and is reluctant to accept one in return? Why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
It is understood among the denizens of Phaze that Adepts rarely socialize with normal people. Why is this? What happens when Adepts attempt to mingle with ordinary people? Why did the Blue Adept make an exception and choose Lady Blue as his wife? What were the repercussions of that decision? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
In several instances, Sheen attempts to save Stile in ways that put her in great personal danger. Why is she willing to do this? Why does she care so deeply for Stile? How does Stile feel about her fierce loyalty and love for him, and why? What is her role in the novel? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)