|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stile return to Phaze at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Who rescues Lady Blue and returns her home, after her mishap searching for her foal?
3. Where does Hulk go at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What object does Stile need to defeat the Herd Stallion?
5. Why does Hulk object to guarding Lady Blue in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hulk insist on doing to help Stile, at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. How do Lady Blue and her companion find out where Lady Blue's foal is, according to the story she tells in Chapter 2?
3. Why does Hulk leave for Proton in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Stile go to see the Herd Stallion, in Chapter 1?
5. What remark does the Yellow Adept make when she introduces Stile to the other Adepts at the Unolympics?
6. Where do Sheen and Stile go while fleeing, in Chapter 5?
7. What favor does the Herd Stallion do for Stile, during their contest at the Unolympics?
8. What is the Tourney, and why is Stile participating in it?
9. Why does Vodlevile approach Stile during the Unolympics?
10. What deal does the Rifleman make with Stile before their match?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Almost everyone with whom Stile has contact, aside from the antagonist, wants to help him in some way. Why is Stile so well liked? What qualities does he possess which make people eager to help him, and why? What would have happened to him without the aid of his friends, and why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Female characters play a predominant role in this novel. Why are so many of the characters, including the antagonist, female? What message is the author trying to send? How might this novel change someone's perception of female characters, and why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
As a whole, the Adepts are a very secretive group. Why are some so reluctant to share their identities? Why are others so open? What would happen if the Adepts all chose to reveal their identities, and why? What are the results, both positive and negative, of their secrecy, and why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)