|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is needed to help Vodlevile's son?
(a) A potion.
(b) A magical instrument.
(c) Unicorn blood.
(d) The staff of a healing magician.
2. How does Lady Blue feel about the Herd Stallion's challenge to Stile?
(a) She is upset, but understands his reasoning.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is glad.
(d) She is outraged.
3. What spells does Stile put on himself while traveling with Neysa?
(a) He casts spells on himself to prevent him from being hungry or thirsty.
(b) He makes himself look like a poor beggar.
(c) He creates a protective barrier around himself, and around Neysa.
(d) He makes himself invisible and weightless.
4. Whom does Vodlevile meet and help in Chapter 4?
(d) Lady Blue.
5. Why did Lady Blue's companion, in Chapter 2, become an enchanter?
(a) Because his father was an enchanter, and so was his grandfather.
(b) Because he needed to be able to protect himself.
(c) Because he wanted to have enough power to exact revenge on his enemies.
(d) Because only magic could restore the balance which had been lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge does the Herd Stallion issue to Stile, at the end of Chapter 1?
2. What type of mythical creature is Peg?
3. What two literary genres are blended in this novel?
4. What happened to Stile that ended his career?
5. What happened to Lady Blue's foal, according to the Snow Horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Lady Blue finally realize the extent of the Blue Adept's magical abilities, and what is her reaction?
2. How does Stile demonstrate the extent of his magical power at the beginning of his contest with the Herd Stallion?
3. What are the results of the contest between Stile and the Herd Stallion?
4. What favor does Sheen ask of Stile, at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What is the Tourney, and why is Stile participating in it?
6. What does Hulk insist on doing to help Stile, at the beginning of Chapter 2?
7. Stile realizes that negotiations between himself and the Herd Stallion will be difficult. Why?
8. What deal does the Rifleman make with Stile before their match?
9. What is suspicious about the summons received by Stile, in Chapter 5?
10. Why does Stile go to see the Herd Stallion, in Chapter 1?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)