|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Vodlevile meet and help in Chapter 4?
(b) Lady Blue.
2. Why was it important to the Herd Stallion to win the duel against Stile?
(a) To earn back the pride he lost in his first encounter with the Blue Adept.
(b) Because he wanted to send a message to all of the other Adepts in attendance.
(c) Because he did not want to be embarrassed in front of the herd.
(d) Because he wanted to look good in front of Neysa.
3. What is Stile's goal?
(a) To find his long-lost love, who has been kidnapped.
(b) To recover a lost artifact.
(c) To complete a mission to which he was assigned.
(d) To avenge the murder of his alternate self.
4. What is the other name for the metallurgists mentioned in Chapter 4?
(a) The Cavedwellers.
(b) The Tribes of the Dark Elves.
(c) The Elitist Monks.
(d) The Forest Guardians.
5. What does Sheen suggest Stile do in Chapter 3?
(a) Search for Lady Blue in Proton.
(b) Attempt to establish contact with Neysa across the frame border.
(c) Try to avoid meeting the Herd Stallion's challenge.
(d) Get plenty of rest, and try to figure things out in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Yellow Adept do to protect Stile from the Elves?
2. What is the third foundation of Lady Blue's love for the Blue Adept?
3. How does Neysa feel about the news Clip brings her, at the beginning of the novel?
4. What type of mythical creature is Vodlevile?
5. What does Stile do at the beginning of his encounter with the Herd Stallion at the Unolympics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does the Herd Stallion do for Stile, during their contest at the Unolympics?
2. Where do Sheen and Stile go while fleeing, in Chapter 5?
3. How does Stile's relationship with Neysa change in Chapter 1?
4. What are the results of the contest between Stile and the Herd Stallion?
5. What deal does the Rifleman make with Stile before their match?
6. Why does Stile go to see the Herd Stallion, in Chapter 1?
7. Why does Vodlevile approach Stile during the Unolympics?
8. What happens when Stile's robot doppelganger appears at the address on the summons?
9. How does Stile use his magic during his contest with the Herd Stallion?
10. What is the Tourney, and why is Stile participating in it?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)