|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Hulk and Bluette in Chapter 7?
(a) They are captured in a trap set for Stile.
(b) They are killed by a mob of angry androids.
(c) They get married.
(d) They are pursued and forced to return to Phaze.
2. What do Stile and Neysa find upon entering the Red Castle?
(a) A carnival.
(b) A caged liger.
(c) The Brown Adept, bound and gagged.
(d) Hulk and Bluette.
3. In what round does Stile lose the Tourney?
4. What will happen if the Red Adept defeats Stile in the Tourney?
(a) She will have to marry Stile.
(b) He will have to kill her.
(c) She will have to leave Stile alone.
(d) She will have to kill him.
5. How does the Yellow Adept help Stile win the tenth round of the Tourney?
(a) She provides him with a potion to speed his healing and recovery.
(b) She spells herself to be invisible, and helps him cheat to win.
(c) She gathers information for him regarding his opponent's weaknesses.
(d) She cheers him on from the sidelines.
6. Why does Stile pity the Red Adept at the end of Round Twelve?
(a) Because she does not realize the consequences of her actions.
(b) Because she is going to be exiled.
(c) Because she has been lied to.
(d) Because she is a victim of circumstance.
7. What happens when Stile and Sheen nearly crash into the Red Adept's vehicle in Chapter 11?
(a) Sheen ejects herself, but not Stile.
(b) Sheen ejects Stile, but not herself.
(c) Both Sheen and Stile are ejected.
(d) Neither Sheen nor Stile are ejected.
8. Why was the competitor Stile lost to participating in the Tourney?
(a) For fun.
(b) To prove himself to his leaders.
(c) To become a Citizen.
(d) To make a name, and therefore a career, for himself.
9. What does Lady Blue confess to Stile, at the beginning of Chapter 10, that she lied about?
(a) Not loving him.
(b) How she met the Blue Adept.
(c) Not knowing who Stile's adversary was.
(d) What happened to Hulk.
10. According to the informant in Chapter 7, who is Stile's unnamed adversary?
(a) A Citizen.
(b) A serf.
(c) An Adept.
(d) A unicorn.
11. What does Stile permit Clef to do at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Play the platinum flute.
(b) Claim the trophy for Round Seven.
(c) Request a rematch for Round Seven.
(d) Seek out Lady Blue.
12. Who are the witnesses for Stile and Lady Blue's wedding ceremony?
(a) Neysa and the werewolves.
(b) Hulk and Bluette.
(c) Neysa and Clef.
(d) Neysa and the Herd Stallion.
13. What instrument does Stile choose for Round Seven of the Tourney?
14. What injury does Hulk suffer at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) An infected wound.
(c) A broken neck.
(d) A gunshot.
15. Why does Stile weep at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Because nothing will bring Hulk back to life.
(b) Because Lady Blue will never love him.
(c) Because he misses Neysa.
(d) Because he lost the Tourney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sheen worried about Stile in Chapter 9?
2. What promise does Stile make to the androids in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Lady Blue get angry with Stile in Chapter 8?
4. Who gives Stile a report about his attempted assassination in Chapter 7?
5. What promise does Lady Blue make, in an attempt to dissuade Stile from fulfilling his oath in Chapter 8?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)