|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stile wonder regarding Clef in Chapter 9?
(a) Whether Stile could ever be as good as Clef.
(b) Whether they met by coincidence, or by fate.
(c) Whether Clef could be trusted with the flute.
(d) Whether Clef was really what he claimed to be.
2. Which Adept does Stile seek out in Chapter 8?
(a) The Yellow Adept.
(b) The Purple Adept.
(c) The Red Adept.
(d) The White Adept.
3. Who is the winner of Round Seven of the Tourney according to the judges?
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) It is a draw.
4. Into what form does Neysa shift to disguise herself in Chapter 8?
(a) A firefly.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bush.
(d) A flute.
5. In what part of Stile's body is he shot in Chapter 11?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His thigh.
(c) His chest.
(d) His arm.
6. How old is the Citizen who defeats Stile in the eleventh round of the Tourney?
7. Who is Clef?
(a) A serf around Stile's age.
(b) Stile's opponent in Round Seven of the Tourney.
(c) An expert in all things musical.
(d) All answers are correct.
8. Why was Sheen sent to Stile?
(a) To protect him from his unknown enemy who was trying to kill him.
(b) To be his companion and lover.
(c) To spy on Stile, and report back to her employer.
(d) To serve as a home security system.
9. What is the Red Adept's reason for attacking Stile and the Blue Adept?
(a) The Oracle had prophesied that Blue would destroy Red.
(b) She could not allow the Blue Adept and Lady Blue to have a child.
(c) The Blue Adept had once offended her, and she had vowed revenge for the insult.
(d) She wanted to be the most powerful Adept, which meant getting rid of the Blue Adept.
10. In what round does Stile lose the Tourney?
11. Who gives Stile a report about his attempted assassination in Chapter 7?
(b) The Yellow Adept.
(c) An anonymous android.
12. Why does Stile decide to stop using magic when he is in the Red Adept's castle?
(a) Because his use of magic alerts the Red Adept to his location within the castle.
(b) Because he does not want the Red Adept to know the extent of his magical power before the fight.
(c) Because he does not want to reveal that his power is not as great as the Red Adept's.
(d) Because his use of magic triggers traps she has set throughout the castle.
13. What does Clef decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Help Stile defeat his adversary.
(b) Attempt to seduce Sheen.
(c) Go seek out the Elves in Phaze.
(d) Re-enter the Tourney.
14. What happens in the sixth round of the Tourney?
(a) Stile loses, by a very small margin.
(b) Stile is easily defeated.
(c) Stile enjoys an easy victory.
(d) Stile wins, but by a very small margin.
15. What promise does Lady Blue make, in an attempt to dissuade Stile from fulfilling his oath in Chapter 8?
(a) She promises to hire someone to kill his adversary, so he does not have to do it himself.
(b) She promises to act as if she loves him.
(c) She promises to protect Neysa while Stile is gone.
(d) She promises to help him win the Tourney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stile pity the Red Adept at the end of Round Twelve?
2. What does the Red Adept do in an attempt to ensure victory for herself in Round Twelve?
3. What did the former Brown Adept exchange for an amulet from the Red Adept?
4. What promise does Stile make to the androids in Chapter 7?
5. What is the second spell Stile uses after entering the Red Adept's castle?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)