|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Citizen who defeats Stile in the eleventh round of the Tourney?
2. Which Adept does Stile seek out in Chapter 8?
(a) The Yellow Adept.
(b) The White Adept.
(c) The Red Adept.
(d) The Purple Adept.
3. Where is the Red Adept when Stile first finds her in Chapter 11?
(a) At the Tourney.
(b) At the Red Demesnes.
(c) Inside her Citizen-mother's dome.
(d) Hiding in a maintenance closet.
4. Whom does Neysa summon to protect Lady Blue while Stile is gone in Chapter 8?
(b) A pack of werewolves.
(c) Hulk's alternate self, from Proton.
(d) The unicorn herd.
5. Who is Clef?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) A serf around Stile's age.
(c) Stile's opponent in Round Seven of the Tourney.
(d) An expert in all things musical.
6. What will fulfill Stile's oath to end the Red Adept?
(a) Killing her alternate self in Proton.
(b) Maiming her.
(c) Killing her.
(d) Defeating her, and sending her to exile.
7. Why does Lady Blue get angry with Stile in Chapter 8?
(a) Because he loves Neysa more than he loves her.
(b) Because he is so like the Blue Adept.
(c) Because he is feeling sorry for himself instead of taking action.
(d) Because he is so persistent in expressing his love for her.
8. Who reports to Stile that the Red Adept has shown up in the Tourney?
(b) Lady Blue.
(d) The Herd Stallion.
9. What technique does Stile teach Clef?
(a) To inhale and exhale simultaneously.
(b) To block out the noise of the audience.
(c) To feel while playing.
(d) To get to know his instrument.
10. What promise does Lady Blue make, in an attempt to dissuade Stile from fulfilling his oath in Chapter 8?
(a) She promises to help him win the Tourney.
(b) She promises to hire someone to kill his adversary, so he does not have to do it himself.
(c) She promises to protect Neysa while Stile is gone.
(d) She promises to act as if she loves him.
11. What does the Red Adept do in an attempt to ensure victory for herself in Round Twelve?
(a) She does a series of deep knee-bends, which she knows Stile cannot copy.
(b) She has one of her henchmen distract Stile.
(c) She trips Stile.
(d) She practices a form of dance that is unknown to Stile.
12. In what round does Stile lose the Tourney?
13. What injury does Hulk suffer at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) An infected wound.
(d) A broken neck.
14. According to the informant in Chapter 7, who is Stile's unnamed adversary?
(a) An Adept.
(b) A Citizen.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) A serf.
15. What happens in the sixth round of the Tourney?
(a) Stile loses, by a very small margin.
(b) Stile is easily defeated.
(c) Stile enjoys an easy victory.
(d) Stile wins, but by a very small margin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Stile defeat in the tenth round of the Tourney?
2. To whom does Bluette go for help at the end of Chapter 7?
3. Why does Stile want Sheen to cross the curtain with him in Chapter 11?
4. Against what does Stile spell himself, in Chapter 10, to protect himself?
5. Why does Stile decide to stop using magic when he is in the Red Adept's castle?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)