|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sheen take Stile at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) A maintenance section of the dome they live in.
(b) An abandoned shopping mall.
(c) Her apartment.
(d) The Tourney grounds.
2. What does Clef explain to Stile after Round Seven?
(a) Stile won because he was the reason for Clef's vast improvement.
(b) Stile won because Clef deliberately failed.
(c) Clef won because he was better than Stile, in terms of his technique.
(d) They tied because the audience chose Clef, while the judges chose Stile.
3. What is in the small passage where the Red Adept disappeared at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) A hideous creature.
(b) A curtain to Proton.
(c) A bomb.
(d) A trap door.
4. Why does Stile weep at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Because he misses Neysa.
(b) Because he lost the Tourney.
(c) Because nothing will bring Hulk back to life.
(d) Because Lady Blue will never love him.
5. What is the Red Adept's reason for attacking Stile and the Blue Adept?
(a) The Oracle had prophesied that Blue would destroy Red.
(b) She wanted to be the most powerful Adept, which meant getting rid of the Blue Adept.
(c) She could not allow the Blue Adept and Lady Blue to have a child.
(d) The Blue Adept had once offended her, and she had vowed revenge for the insult.
6. What word does Lady Blue say three times to profess her love for Stile?
7. Why does Stile pity the Red Adept at the end of Round Twelve?
(a) Because she does not realize the consequences of her actions.
(b) Because she is a victim of circumstance.
(c) Because she has been lied to.
(d) Because she is going to be exiled.
8. What does Clef decide to do at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Attempt to seduce Sheen.
(b) Help Stile defeat his adversary.
(c) Go seek out the Elves in Phaze.
(d) Re-enter the Tourney.
9. What is strange about the bullet with which Stile is shot at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) It is actually a homing device.
(b) It is made from a unique material.
(c) It moves around in his body.
(d) It will explode if not removed quickly.
10. What happens to Hulk and Bluette in Chapter 7?
(a) They are killed by a mob of angry androids.
(b) They get married.
(c) They are pursued and forced to return to Phaze.
(d) They are captured in a trap set for Stile.
11. What promise does Lady Blue make, in an attempt to dissuade Stile from fulfilling his oath in Chapter 8?
(a) She promises to protect Neysa while Stile is gone.
(b) She promises to hire someone to kill his adversary, so he does not have to do it himself.
(c) She promises to help him win the Tourney.
(d) She promises to act as if she loves him.
12. Why does Lady Blue get angry with Stile in Chapter 8?
(a) Because he is feeling sorry for himself instead of taking action.
(b) Because he loves Neysa more than he loves her.
(c) Because he is so persistent in expressing his love for her.
(d) Because he is so like the Blue Adept.
13. What does the Red Adept do to Stile at the end of Round Twelve?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Kick him.
(c) Stab him.
(d) Choke him.
14. Where is the Red Adept when Stile first finds her in Chapter 11?
(a) Inside her Citizen-mother's dome.
(b) Hiding in a maintenance closet.
(c) At the Red Demesnes.
(d) At the Tourney.
15. What happens when Stile and Sheen nearly crash into the Red Adept's vehicle in Chapter 11?
(a) Sheen ejects herself, but not Stile.
(b) Neither Sheen nor Stile are ejected.
(c) Both Sheen and Stile are ejected.
(d) Sheen ejects Stile, but not herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many known female Adepts are there as of Chapter 8?
2. Whom does Neysa summon to protect Lady Blue while Stile is gone in Chapter 8?
3. What are the results of the spell Stile puts on Neysa at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. How does Stile feel about Lady Blue's attempt to seduce him in Chapter 8?
5. Into what form does Neysa shift to disguise herself in Chapter 8?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)