|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Stile defeat in the fourth round of the Tourney?
(c) The Red Adept.
(d) The Rifleman.
2. Stile and Sheen realize, in Chapter 5, that the Citizen they went to visit was really whom?
3. What type of mythical creature is Vodlevile?
(a) A vampire.
(b) An elf.
(c) A unicorn.
(d) A demon.
4. What warning does Lady Blue give her companion in Chapter 2?
(a) To have respect for nobility.
(b) Not to anger the gods of the elements.
(c) Not to toy with magic.
(d) Never to underestimate his opponents.
5. What two literary genres are blended in this novel?
(a) Non-fiction and science fiction.
(b) Adventure and non-fiction.
(c) Fantasy and adventure.
(d) Science fiction and fantasy.
6. What is odd about Vodlevile's son, when he is compared to others like him?
(a) He cannot fly.
(b) He is allergic to blood.
(c) He has no hair anywhere on his body.
(d) He is not good at hunting.
7. What becomes apparent to the audience during Stile's encounter with the Herd Stallion?
(a) The Herd Stallion was far more powerful than Stile, and Stile did not stand a chance.
(b) They are very evenly matched, and it was unlikely that there would be a winner.
(c) Stile was far more powerful than the Herd Stallion, and was likely to win.
(d) Stile was only going to be able to win if he used his magic.
8. What type of mythological creature is Clip?
(a) A satyr.
(b) A kraken.
(c) A centaur.
(d) A unicorn.
9. Where does Stile go, at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) To Proton.
(b) To Lady Blue's castle.
(c) To the Herd Stallion's territory.
(d) To Phaze.
10. What are the two frames in which Stile exists?
(a) Earth and Phaze.
(b) Phaze and Luna.
(c) Proton and Earth.
(d) Phaze and Proton.
11. What happened to Stile that ended his career?
(a) His back was broken.
(b) His reputation was ruined by a scandal.
(c) He murdered someone.
(d) His knees were lasered.
12. How does Lady Blue feel about the Herd Stallion's challenge to Stile?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is upset, but understands his reasoning.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is glad.
13. Who is Stile?
(a) The novel's author.
(b) The protagonist's brother.
(c) The novel's protagonist.
(d) The protagonist's son.
14. Who is Sheen?
(a) Stile's robot doppelganger.
(b) A friend of Neysa's.
(c) Lady Blue's advisor.
(d) Stile's protector in Proton.
15. What happens to Hinny when Lady Blue is young?
(a) She is killed by snow demons.
(b) She is enslaved by the Red Adept.
(c) She is made a part of the Blue Stallion's herd.
(d) She is attacked by jackals, and she dies while pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stile go at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Who introduces Stile to the other Adepts at the Unolympics?
3. How does Neysa feel about Stile?
4. The Citizen Stile goes to see in Chapter 5 has ______ for a security system.
5. What does Stile offer in trade for the item that will save Vodlevile's son?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)