|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stile bothered by, at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) The fact that there is someone trying to kill him in both frames.
(b) The fact that Hulk is developing feelings for Lady Blue.
(c) The fact that Neysa is going to be breeding with the Herd Stallion.
(d) The fact that Sheen does not seem to be attracted to him anymore.
2. What is the name of Lady Blue's foal, which is taken when she is young?
3. What is Stile's goal?
(a) To recover a lost artifact.
(b) To complete a mission to which he was assigned.
(c) To find his long-lost love, who has been kidnapped.
(d) To avenge the murder of his alternate self.
4. What object does Stile need to defeat the Herd Stallion?
(a) A golden harp.
(b) An invisibility cloak.
(c) A magic sword.
(d) A platinum flute.
5. Who is Hulk?
(a) Stile's adversary.
(b) Stile's friend and bodyguard.
(c) Neysa's brother.
(d) Lady Blue's guardian.
6. For what purpose does Stile use his magic during the contest with the Herd Stallion?
(a) He does not use it at all.
(b) To allow himself to be injured, but avoid being killed.
(c) To ensure that he will win.
(d) To make the contest equal, and to avoid being injured.
7. When they hide from the Citizen's security system, in Chapter 5, where do Sheen and Stile find themselves?
8. Why are the results of the event, which Stile is preparing for, in Chapter 3, so important?
(a) He cannot marry Lady Blue unless he achieves rank among the nobles of Phaze.
(b) He does not trust anyone else to protect Lady Blue, but is not in a position to do it himself effectively.
(c) He is unable to complete his quest without the Herd Stallion's help.
(d) He must become a Citizen in order to pursue a legal investigation against his adversary.
9. What does the Yellow Adept ask of Stile, at the Unolympics?
(a) To give his opinion on the contest she is judging.
(b) To play his flute, to remind her of how it should sound.
(c) To take her place in one of the competitions.
(d) To give Neysa a few words of encouragement before her contest.
10. What does Sheen suggest Stile do in Chapter 3?
(a) Get plenty of rest, and try to figure things out in the morning.
(b) Attempt to establish contact with Neysa across the frame border.
(c) Try to avoid meeting the Herd Stallion's challenge.
(d) Search for Lady Blue in Proton.
11. What does Sheen lament at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) She will never see him again, after the week is over.
(b) If he wins the Unolympics, he will stay in Phaze.
(c) She is a robot, which means Stile can never truly love her.
(d) When he returns to Phaze, he will be with Lady Blue and Neysa again.
12. What was Stile's former occupation in Proton?
13. What does Stile find when he returns to his apartment after the second round of the Tourney?
(a) A visitor.
(b) A letter.
(c) A summons.
(d) A package.
14. In what competition do Neysa and Clip compete, at the Unolympics?
15. Why does Vodlevile approach Stile at the Unolympics?
(a) To warn him about a plot against him.
(b) To ask him to be careful.
(c) To wish him good luck.
(d) To thank him for his help, and offer advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Neysa's relationship to the protagonist?
2. How does Neysa feel about the news Clip brings her, at the beginning of the novel?
3. Why are Sheen and Stile rushed out of their hiding spot in Chapter 5?
4. What does Stile dislike about himself, compared to the other serfs?
5. Why does Sheen summon Stile's robotic doppelganger in Chapter 5?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)