|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Eulalie at the Harem of the Grand Turk published?
2. What does the maid squeeze the orange juice into?
3. What does the young wife miss?
4. What kind of creature is painted on the front of the postcard
5. What does the wife think captivates her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what a catafalque is.
2. How is it significant that the piano tuner is blind?
3. Do you think the Marquis is a conventional murderer in term of literature?
4. What do you think is the significance of the opal?
5. Why does the girl decide to enter the private room?
6. How do you think Brittany is different to the young wife's life in Paris?
7. Describe the young girl.
8. What reason do you think the young wife cries to her mother?
9. What do you know about Marquis's from other popular fiction?
10. What do you think is the significance of the red ribbon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Bloody Chamber is a novella. What do you think are the differences between a novella and a novel in terms of:
Essay Topic 2
Angela Carter is famous for writing in a magic realist style.
1) What is magic realism?
2) How does Carter use magic realism in the Bloody Chamber?
3) Take an example of magic realism from the book and discuss how it contributes to the story's meaning.
Essay Topic 3
The young wife discovers her husband's pornography in his library. What do you think are the negatives and positives of pornography in today's society? What do you think is Carter's view of pornography?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)